Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 10:49 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,717,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
good points. henry also advocated often for the elimination of slavery.
He never released his slaves, so he only advocated that other people eliminate the practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 10:54 AM

910 posts, read 1,082,773 times
School boards should just name schools after landmarks, and quit naming them after people, that way there is nothing to complain about. We just went through this in my home town, with a bunch of people wanting to name the new elementary school after civil rights leaders, past president, etc. Thankfully, intelligent people prevailed, and we named the elementary after a cactus. Prickly Pear Elementary School.

No possible way to offend anyone that way.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:22 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
He never released his slaves, so he only advocated that other people eliminate the practice.
that is true. he didn't live up to his own words.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:30 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Let them be offended. The school doesn't have to do anything. I was offended that my schools weren't air conditioned growing up. I never went to the media to complain. Idiots.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:23 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
lol. 'little Mogadishu' really triggered you. you just can't stop howling about it.
I don't get triggered.

I thought it interesting the names of the Muslims students triggered yourself and that you are so upset about a place wanting to change the name of a school where you don't even live....

Old 03-08-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Because our taxes are paying for this nonsense. You draw a line in the sand. If you don't like our public schools send yours to private school.

If we don't stand up to the nonsense you get demands like this crap. Eat a friggin salad snowflakes.

Muslim San Diego Residents Call For Halal School Lunches | KPBS
This has nothing to do with what I said. I swear you all must be keyboard soldiers for the ridiculous right lol.

I don't care what local schools outside of my district do. That includes those in MN and CA. I live in neither places. If their tax payers want to pay for it, then good for them. Why are you so bothered (as the OP calls "triggered") by localities doing things they want to do.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Maybe these schools can just use numbers as identifiers like they do in NYC.

Although that's still risky with math being racist and all.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/...ois-professor/

Old 03-08-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I don't get triggered.

I thought it interesting the names of the Muslims students triggered yourself and that you are so upset about a place wanting to change the name of a school where you don't even live....
heh. your 'i'm not triggered - you're triggered!' response is exactly what i expected

Old 03-08-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
heh. your 'i'm not triggered - you're triggered!' response is exactly what i expected
Didn't say I'm "not" I said I "don't."

Nothing triggers me because I can understand and accept that other people like to b*tch and BS about a lot of things that aren't important.

I also think its interesting that another poster mentioned about a majority white, upper income community in MN changing their school's name, yet you didn't post a thread about that. Probably because it didn't include the things that bother (i.e. trigger) yourself - black people, minorities, and muslims lol. It is sad we have so many paranoid people in this country IMO.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Didn't say I'm "not" I said I "don't."
no difference. if you claim that you're never triggered (lol) then you are not triggered. can't believe i have to explain that to you

Quote:
Nothing triggers me because I can understand and accept that other people like to b*tch and BS about a lot of things that aren't important.
clearly that's false. you were triggered by the 'little Mogadishu' comment.

Quote:
I also think its interesting that another poster mentioned about a majority white, upper income community in MN changing their school's name, yet you didn't post a thread about that. Probably because it didn't include the things that bother (i.e. trigger) yourself - black people, minorities, and muslims lol. It is sad we have so many paranoid people in this country IMO.
you find it interesting that i didn't post a thread about an event i never heard of before?
that tells us much about where you're coming from.

should i find it interesting that you fail to post threads about events that you are unaware of?

btw- what are 'muslims lol'? is that some new weird sect of the Islamic faith?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies