Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 01:41 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You said prices have already risen. They have not. You even admitted to paying less than even the reduced price after the announcement.
The NEW MSRP is $147.15, up from $81.90. There is nothing more I can do in order to beat that into your head.

With the screenshot I just uploaded, I will be able to make you eat crow once I post the updated prices, based on the ALREADY NEW MSRP of $147.15 (I DID NOT PULL THAT NUMBER OUT OF MY BUTT).

I hope you like crow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 01:44 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
The NEW MSRP is 147.15, up from $81.90.
Face it son, you lost this one. You made a claim that isn't true. You said your business was being impacted, yet you are paying less now than you did before the announcement.

If crow is being served, you better get a serving because if you are running your books based on a vendor site MSRP vs real costs, then you won't be around long. That crow will taste mighty good on a hungry stomach.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Face it son, you lost this one. You made a claim that isn't true. You said your business was being impacted, yet you are paying less now than you did before the announcement.

If crow is being served, you better get a serving because if you are running your books based on a vendor site MSRP vs real costs, then you won't be around long.
Ok. Fair enough. When I post the new prices, based on $147.15, do you promise to respond?

I am NOT paying less than before the announcement. I am just snapping up stock at the OLD price. The ones still left in stock (very few) are the last at the old price.

$147.15. Remember that number.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Ok. Fair enough. When I post the new prices, based on $147.15, do you promise to respond?
Absolutely

Old 03-08-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Absolutely
Thank you.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:01 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Take solar panels, where Trump imposed 30% tariffs in January. THAT tariff was not imposed using a renegade national security clause but instead another statute that can be employed by going through an PROCESS based on actual data that does not involve Wilbur Ross coming up with his national security study.

This approach while it may lead to WTO complaints and a trade "dispute" did not lead to fears of an outright trade war.

Apparently, two bankrupt and *foreign owned* US "manufacturers" asked the government for import relief from fairly-traded imports (correct statutory term). Not dumped nor subsidized nor unfair.

The request eventually made its way to Trump's desk where he approved tariffs of up to 30 percent then to 15 percent for a total of 4 years.

"The new tariffs probably will add about $650 to the average solar power system a homeowner would buy, said Bernadette Del Chiaro, executive director of the Solar Energy Industries Assn." There are lots of concerns that slowing sales will reduce job opportunities for installers etc.

Solar panel tariffs threaten to increase customer cost and slow growth, but the industry remains optimistic

Old 03-08-2018, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
T

The request eventually made its way to Trump's desk where he approved tariffs of up to 30 percent then to 15 percent for a total of 4 years.
You left off this part of you posted.
Two U.S.-based firms filed the case for tariffs at the International Trade Commission, arguing that their businesses have been hurt by cheap imports from Asia and Europe, which produce some 90% of the solar panels installed in the U.S.

In a 4-0 decision last month, the commission voted in favor of imposing the tariffs to prevent the demise of U.S. solar panel manufacturing,

Trump did the right thing, and what he promised.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:07 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Dollar drops for second day as tariffs spark fears of global trade war

These are tariffs. This is your dollar on tariffs.

Get ready for massive inflation.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:15 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Dollar drops for second day as tariffs spark fears of global trade war

These are tariffs. This is your dollar on tariffs.

Get ready for massive inflation.
Link is bad.

My question is still unanswered:

Will excluding Canada and other countries from the tariffs essentially cause nothing to happen?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-08-2018, 02:16 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
You left off this part of the very article that you posted.
Two U.S.-based firms filed the case for tariffs at the International Trade Commission, arguing that their businesses have been hurt by cheap imports from Asia and Europe, which produce some 90% of the solar panels installed in the U.S.

In a 4-0 decision last month, the commission voted in favor of imposing the tariffs to prevent the demise of U.S. solar panel manufacturing,

Trump did the right thing, and what he promised.
Exactly right, my point precisely. ... THAT is what did not happen with these national security tariffs.

Quote:
Take solar panels, where Trump imposed 30% tariffs in January. THAT tariff was not imposed using a renegade national security clause but instead another statute that can be employed by going through an PROCESS based on actual data that does not involve Wilbur Ross coming up with his national security study.

This approach while it may lead to WTO complaints and a trade "dispute" did not lead to fears of an outright trade war.
For solar panels, there was a trade "process" (that involved the International Trade Commission - an INDEPENDENT AGENCY - before it got to Trump) where there was "actual data" developed. Volume of imports. State of the domestic industry. Demonstration of need for protection. THEN Trump acted.

This is the same process that Bush used for the again fairly-traded steel imports in 2002.

Not quite the same thing as these metal tariffs, relying on the Wilbur Ross "study" commissioned by Trump that used an obscure provision that a podcast (Morning Joe, yes I listen) said had only been invoked during oil embargo (Iran, Libya).

The reason why Cohn resigned and the world reacts.

Last edited by EveryLady; 03-08-2018 at 02:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies