Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 06:03 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times

Advertisements

A median price home in Hawaii is $750K. All the new construction I see is steel frame (hurricanes). I can't even speculate what a home will run if this goes through.

Sure as heck won't be buying appliances or new car. Cost of planes will go up, so then tickets will cost more...

I can't see how any of this could be good for the US, and then you just add all the retaliatory trade tariffs from other countries which will hit our farmers and other industries.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 06:05 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
A median price home in Hawaii is $750K. All the new construction I see is steel frame (hurricanes). I can't even speculate what a home will run if this goes through.
I don't think there is any if about it.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:08 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Maybe you missed the election of 2016. There is no "Right" and the "Left" on this issue. Career establishment politicians on both sides have sold out to the globalists for years.

Trump beat them all, both the GOP and DEM by promising to put an end to the sell off of American Industry & Jobs by what is called "Free Trade".

And now he is keeping that promise. He's the first president in decades to do so.
Free trade doesnt involve governments, politicians or bureaucrats. Its two parties negotiating the best deal for themselves.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:08 PM

4,605 posts, read 3,296,304 times
Yep. Get ready for big price hikes, everyone. Because who pays when tariffs take effect? We do. You and me and everyone in America. If someone like the OP cannot figure this out, then I give up. Tariffs mean higher prices. Nearly everything you buy, from foil wrapped chocolates to soda and beer, to cars, bikes - and Harleys - will go up. So a few people get their jobs back and everyone else pays for it, including people who are hardly making it now.

Our president didn't have his thinking cap on, except as it related to his own personal businesses.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Despite all the MAGA nonsense, I’m with Trump!!

Good move Mr President. You did the right thing for the American people.

Yes, I’m still gonna vote to crush the Republicans in the midterms. But they aren’t for tariffs anyway.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Despite all the MAGA nonsense, I’m with Trump!!

Good move Mr President. You did the right thing for the American people.

Yes, I’m still gonna vote to crush the Republicans in the midterms. But they aren’t for tariffs anyway.
I'm not with Trump. Not anymore. I used to be, to a point, but that has changed. It was these tariffs that pushed me over the line.

For numerous reasons I have never voted in a presidential election. I am a conservative republican (or so I thought). If Trump runs for a 2nd term, I will be voting for the first time ever. Not FOR someone, because I doubt I will like any of the candidates, but AGAINST Trump. As sad of a statement as this is, I will be voting for whoever has the biggest chance of defeating Trump. I have to admit, I think it is really sad our country has gotten to the point that I have to vote in this manner.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I'm not with Trump. Not anymore. I used to be, to a point, but that has changed. It was these tariffs that pushed me over the line.

For numerous reasons I have never voted in a presidential election. I am a conservative republican (or so I thought). If Trump runs for a 2nd term, I will be voting for the first time ever. Not FOR someone, because I doubt I will like any of the candidates, but AGAINST Trump.

Kudos to you! I really understand why some voted for Trump, but have not been able to figure out how they continue tp support him.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Kudos to you! I really understand why some voted for Trump, but have not been able to figure out how they continue tp support him.
I feel like I am alone, though. It seems to me like no matter how badly inflation might ravage this country, the vast majority of Trump supporters will continue to support him. I have a good friend that falls into that category.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I feel like I am alone, though. It seems to me like no matter how badly inflation might ravage this country, the vast majority of Trump supporters will continue to support him. I have a good friend that falls into that category.

I hope your not, but I don't think we can tell until the presidential election. Polling data gives an idea but it's up and down - I think it just fell below 40%.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:04 PM

1,896 posts, read 810,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Maybe you missed the election of 2016. There is no "Right" and the "Left" on this issue. Career establishment politicians on both sides have sold out to the globalists for years.

Trump beat them all, both the GOP and DEM by promising to put an end to the sell off of American Industry & Jobs by what is called "Free Trade".

And now he is keeping that promise. He's the first president in decades to do so.
Some folks believe whatever they want to believe.....

Energy and aerospace dwarf steel and aluminum production jobs..... maga or something stupid like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies