Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 01:12 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Reason #... never mind - there are too many reasons to count already...

Benghazi: No big deal
Uranium 1: No big deal
Awan Bros: No big deal
Fake Dossier: No big deal
IRS Targeting: No big deal
Fast n Furious: No big deal
Private Server: No big deal
Spying on Trump: No big deal

Kellyanne Conway Hatch Act: Whens the execution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 01:22 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Reason #... never mind - there are too many reasons to count already...

Benghazi: No big deal
Because even multiple Republican led investigations found nothing

Quote:
Uranium 1: No big deal
Because it too is no big deal, it doesn't give anything to the Russians in the way of controlling our uranium supply, or even getting any. This has been debunked over and over.

Quote:
Awan Bros: No big deal
Still up in the air. Might be, might not be.

Quote:
Fake Dossier: No big deal
Because its not fake, and tons of it has been confirmed. The author of it estimated it was 80% accurate I think? Because its not a product of perfect intelligence.
Quote:
IRS Targeting: No big deal
Turned out to not be one. Yes some keywords were used, but it wasn't something done with horrible intent, or as a political thing. It was covered quite well.
Quote:
Fast n Furious: No big deal
Covered extensively by the media.
Quote:
Also done by past administratinos, and done by a lot of Trump folks now as well. Covered a ton in the media

Quote:
Spying on Trump: No big deal
Because no one spied on trump. Some of his administration were because they did things that caused them to be monitored-IE things that SHOULD cause them to be monitored.
Quote:
Kellyanne Conway Hatch Act: Whens the execution?
Because she broke a actual law, people want her held accountable. Oh the horror.

And ALL of this has all been covered by the media. Thread fail.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:25 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
The media can't be objective but you can be in judging the same media you already think is not objective? Cute

Old 03-07-2018, 01:33 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
I'm sure you're also up in arms about the following --

Quote:
Vice President Mike Pence routinely used a private email account to conduct public business as governor of Indiana, at times discussing sensitive matters and homeland security issues.
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...cked/98604904/

Old 03-07-2018, 01:46 PM

Greywar - All of your "covered by media" statements are bunk.

Dossier - "80% accurate, I think"... I have a bridge to sell you as well - terms of the contract are 80% true...

Old 03-07-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The media can't be objective but you can be in judging the same media you already think is not objective? Cute
Why not?

Old 03-07-2018, 01:48 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:

Dossier - "80% accurate, I think"... I have a bridge to sell you as well - terms of the contract are 80% true...
Since you know it all already there was no need to start a thread.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:51 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,422,074 times
People picking on the political bent, not addressing the topic...

How can something that derives it's income from shock, be trusted to no report the shock that exists OR manufacture shock to keep the revenue rolling in?

In the grander sense, consider the complete abandonment of the label "news" in favor of "media".

I don't care What your political inclinations, it can be identified as happening to your favorite source to carp on and your favorite source to believe without question. Again, this is *not* a left/right issue, this is a citizen/elite issue.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:52 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:

Weird. then how do I and so many others know about them?

I could spend the time linking story after story, but im not your google monkey, and everyone who watches any media knows about those stories from the media. The only "bunk" here is your nonsense claiming otherwise.

And the dossier-you should try and remember what it was. It wasnt a intelligence report. It was created for political purposes (as all candidates do). It was a private eye reporting what they heard from sources. And currently a surprising amount of it has been corroborated. Given what we actually know, it seems to be a decent document for what it is.

But hey, facts and reality don't really matter much to you based on the initial post claiming the media didn't cover those things, when even a little googling will show all of them were covered extensively with the possible exception I would say of the Awan issue, although I have read articles on that on mainstream media as well, I think it deserved more.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:53 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
All of those topics were pretty well covered.

But to your point people confuse opinion pieces on cable tv networks with news. You go to the AP/Reuters for news and you’ll get more objective coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies