Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 10:19 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Arnie must be high again ..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 10:28 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,103,522 times
Arnold was useless as a governor. I did not vote for him. I do think that he got in mostly on name recognition/celebrity. I was glad to see him go. But Gov. Brown has brought California back to prosperity. I am not denying that there are still problems, but every state has problems, and the state is much better off than before Brown came back into office. I'm sorry he can't serve another term. But as for Arnold, nothing wacky he does surprises me.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Arnold was useless as a governor. I did not vote for him. I do think that he got in mostly on name recognition/celebrity. I was glad to see him go. But Gov. Brown has brought California back to prosperity. I am not denying that there are still problems, but every state has problems, and the state is much better off than before Brown came back into office. I'm sorry he can't serve another term. But as for Arnold, nothing wacky he does surprises me.
Brown brought CA back to prosperity?

We have the highest poverty rate in the nation when cost of living is taken into account .

Also the sanctuary state nonsense doesn’t make us safer and we are at risk of losing federal funds .

Old 03-12-2018, 10:40 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post

Brown comes from a family of politicians and knows California well. His father was governor of California. He beat Nixon in 1962 and lost to Reagan in 1966. Governor Brown has lots of experience running that state, he was governor in the 70's after Reagan did his 2 terms.

I don't agree with Brown's politics but respect him. He took on Bill Clinton in the Democratic primaries in 1992 and basically exposed the Clintons for who they are, CROOKED. This is 1992 before the Clintons got to Washington and he exposed them. Too bad the Democrats picked the wrong candidate in 1992, Brown should have been the nominee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5kUITklALQ

Old 03-12-2018, 10:42 PM

39,229 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I read this and I thought it was a joke. I can't believe Californians elected this clown for governor. This guy has too much time on his hands. What Kangaroo court is he going to go to take his case?

AUSTIN, Texas — Arnold Schwarzenegger’s next mission: taking oil companies to court “for knowingly killing people all over the world.”

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-me-too-217345
He used to be an actor, and he had to stay in the news.

I don't think he has a chance of winning the case.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
He used to be an actor, and he had to stay in the news.

I don't think he has a chance of winning the case.

You think? lol .....this will never get to a court. Just imagine the damage it will do to our economy with this nonsense.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Brown comes from a family of politicians and knows California well. His father was governor of California. He beat Nixon in 1962 and lost to Reagan in 1966. Governor Brown has lots of experience running that state, he was governor in the 70's after Reagan did his 2 terms.

I don't agree with Brown's politics but respect him. He took on Bill Clinton in the Democratic primaries in 1992 and basically exposed the Clintons for who they are, CROOKED. This is 1992 before the Clintons got to Washington and he exposed them. Too bad the Democrats picked the wrong candidate in 1992, Brown should have been the nominee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5kUITklALQ
Clinton said : “My wife is a fine woman who has never done anything unethical “ funny to hear that in 2018.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:51 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I cant believe the idiots in California voted Brown (who ruined the state) back in

California truly is the land of fruits and nuts
Neither can I, and I'm a 5th generation native Californian who has lived in Texas for the last 10 years. At least it can never happen again. California passed term limits for governors, limiting them to two terms, on November 6th, 1990...but the law didn't include any terms that had already been served (Brown had been elected in 1974 and in 1978). IMO, Brown should have respected the spirit of the will of the voters in 1990 and not have ever run again. But nooo, 20 years later he flipped the bird at the will of those 1990 voters and was elected in 2010, and again in 2014. I think it is despicable that he ran in 2010 and again in 2014, and I also hold the people who voted for him those last two times in contempt. At least, by coincidence, I barely escaped having to have him as my governor again.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Clinton said : “My wife is a fine woman who has never done anything unethical “ funny to hear that in 2018.

if Bernie went after Hillary like Brown did to Bill in 1992 and expose all of her corruptions going from Arkansas to Secretary of State, he would have a better shot to beat her. He was too nice to her.

Brown exposed the Clintons in 1992 before they got to Washington.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:58 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
I feel the same for dumb Democrats conned by Saint Obama.......but Californians supposed to be the smart "elites" ones, the ones that have all the answers.

what is Arnold's record as governor of California?.....and you have to be a clown to sue the oil industry of first-degree murder....Does he know the legal definition of first-degree murder?

you have to be really dumb to come up with something like that and then do it in Texas of all places.
Perhaps he feels bad about fathering his housekeeper's kid while he was married to Maria, keeping it a secret for so many years, and is in some odd way trying to make amends...karma wise. Who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies