Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 11:58 AM

1,166 posts, read 876,228 times

Advertisements

Why can't the US stay out of other countries' business and just worry about our own territory and our own affairs? Why are we constantly looking to start a new fight with some new country around the world?

History fascinates me, and all throughout US history you can find examples of the US "poking the hornet's nest" in an attempt to start a new war, or outright falsifying information in order to garner public support for a war. It's almost like we're not satisfied unless we are fighting someone. A few examples I can give are:

1. James K. Polk basically "bullying" Mexico into a war after they rejected offers to purchase Texas.
2. Operation Northwoods, a plan by the joint chiefs of staff during the JFK administration to orchestrate false flag attacks on US soil, blame them on Cuba, in order to increase public support for a war against Cuba.
3. The entire Cold War saga of US history, basically a 50 year peeing match with the USSR under the guise of “fighting the spread of communism”.
4. Same can be said for the Korean and Vietnam wars, both wars we should’ve never been involved in, but we stuck our nose in under the farce of “stopping communism” when it was really just a proxy-war been the US and the USSR.
5. Claiming that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction in order to garner support for the war in Iraq after 9/11.
6. It’s happening RIGHT NOW with the claim that “Russians interfered with US elections” in order to villainize Russia and to turn public opinion against them, that way if a war starts, the public will support it.

People will argue back and say "There's always been war and there will always be war", which I don't disagree with, I just counter it with "Yes, but we don't have to get involved in every single one of them by sticking our nose were it doesn't belong."

The govt. and the media are always purporting a new "boogeyman" that we need to fear and fight against, and the truth is there will always be people that want to do harm to the US, but we don't have to be actively looking for a fight. Let those people in other countries spout their anti-US rhetoric, unless they are actively attack our land or our territories, we shouldn't be trying to physically fight them. Sure, keep tabs on what's going on in the rest of the world, but don't be the schoolyard bully that's looking to pick a fight with anyone and everyone, or stick your nose where it doesn't belong i.e. a dispute between two other countries.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand what the military-industrial complex is and that war is a big money maker for lots of powerful people. I'm more concerned with the public's perception on this, and how they are so quick to forget history or cry "but this time it's different!". NO IT'S NOT! It's the same crap they've been pulling for decades now, you're just too dumb to see through the BS!

How do they not see that the govt. is either poking the hornet’s nest or outright lying just to start another war and waste billions and billions of dollars trying to “police the world” or “spread democracy” or whatever other nonsense they want to spout off to try and justify their actions.

Trust me, I have no illusions that other countries are our friends, but we DO NOT need to try and make them all enemies, what’s wrong with being neutral and staying out of each other’s affairs?

What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 12:12 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Well... If people of other countries have the nerve to live on top of our oil, they're kinda asking for it. Also, while cold wars are nice and all, shooting wars really create stockholder value.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:14 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,901,981 times
Look for more of the same now that John Bolton is on team trump. He was the architect of the Iraq war.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:34 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post

What do you guys think?
We should have listened to Ike 58 years ago.

He laid it all out in plain language.

He foresaw it all unfolding.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:35 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
Bolton hasn’t met a country he didn’t want to bomb rape. He’s a displaced sexual predator.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:36 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,222,179 times
War = Big Business.

Maybe when we're done spreading democracy everywhere else, we can get some here.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Look for more of the same now that John Bolton is on team trump. He was the architect of the Iraq war.
Pshaw, he's not bright enough to architect anything. He was a cheerleader, obviously. He seems in favor of war in general, as long as it's not his own rear-end on the line. Because when his country called on him, he joined a Rich Kids National Guard Unit and stayed far, far away from where the bullets were flying.

PNAC material, that one.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:38 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,222,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post

Yup. Sad but true.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:39 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
Why can't the US stay out of other countries' business and just worry about our own territory and our own affairs? Why are we constantly looking to start a new fight with some new country around the world?

History fascinates me, and all throughout US history you can find examples of the US "poking the hornet's nest" in an attempt to start a new war, or outright falsifying information in order to garner public support for a war. It's almost like we're not satisfied unless we are fighting someone. A few examples I can give are:

1. James K. Polk basically "bullying" Mexico into a war after they rejected offers to purchase Texas.
2. Operation Northwoods, a plan by the joint chiefs of staff during the JFK administration to orchestrate false flag attacks on US soil, blame them on Cuba, in order to increase public support for a war against Cuba.
3. The entire Cold War saga of US history, basically a 50 year peeing match with the USSR under the guise of “fighting the spread of communism”.
4. Same can be said for the Korean and Vietnam wars, both wars we should’ve never been involved in, but we stuck our nose in under the farce of “stopping communism” when it was really just a proxy-war been the US and the USSR.
5. Claiming that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction in order to garner support for the war in Iraq after 9/11.
6. It’s happening RIGHT NOW with the claim that “Russians interfered with US elections” in order to villainize Russia and to turn public opinion against them, that way if a war starts, the public will support it.

People will argue back and say "There's always been war and there will always be war", which I don't disagree with, I just counter it with "Yes, but we don't have to get involved in every single one of them by sticking our nose were it doesn't belong."

The govt. and the media are always purporting a new "boogeyman" that we need to fear and fight against, and the truth is there will always be people that want to do harm to the US, but we don't have to be actively looking for a fight. Let those people in other countries spout their anti-US rhetoric, unless they are actively attack our land or our territories, we shouldn't be trying to physically fight them. Sure, keep tabs on what's going on in the rest of the world, but don't be the schoolyard bully that's looking to pick a fight with anyone and everyone, or stick your nose where it doesn't belong i.e. a dispute between two other countries.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand what the military-industrial complex is and that war is a big money maker for lots of powerful people. I'm more concerned with the public's perception on this, and how they are so quick to forget history or cry "but this time it's different!". NO IT'S NOT! It's the same crap they've been pulling for decades now, you're just too dumb to see through the BS!

How do they not see that the govt. is either poking the hornet’s nest or outright lying just to start another war and waste billions and billions of dollars trying to “police the world” or “spread democracy” or whatever other nonsense they want to spout off to try and justify their actions.

Trust me, I have no illusions that other countries are our friends, but we DO NOT need to try and make them all enemies, what’s wrong with being neutral and staying out of each other’s affairs?

What do you guys think?
So we are stronger when we are weaker.
Strength through weakness has already been tried. It failed

Old 03-24-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
We should have listened to Ike 58 years ago.

He laid it all out in plain language.

He foresaw it all unfolding.

Today's Republicans would have hounded Eisenhower right out of their party as an unelectable socio-commie RINO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies