Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2018, 06:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

I find it odd that many will argue (correctly) that it's the person not the inanimate object that is the problem but when we look in that direction they get upset.

Nothing we do will be perfect but dealing with the individual has the best chance of at least some success.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:12 AM

956 posts, read 745,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Who would have thought that a group of kids could bring about a change that we adults were unable to accomplish ? I can not wait until all of them are old enough to vote, they might just bring some sanity back to this country.
Maybe they will take away your right to vote, drive, own a home. How would you like that?

Old 03-18-2018, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Maybe they will take away your right to vote, drive, own a home. How would you like that?
We take away people's right to vote through due process. To drive. Are you saying you believe the incarcerated should be able to vote?

(driving isn't a "right")

Old 03-18-2018, 06:15 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,052,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sounds like he was seriously ill.
I wonder if he's the only one when I saw this blog post?
When ALL Gun Owners are Shunned - Global Guerrillas

Old 03-18-2018, 06:21 AM

10,468 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If anyone knows of a democrat with a gun report them to the authorities. They have obvious mental issues.
Funny you say that. Yesterday, there was a gun and knife show in my town, and a local mayor tried to get it to shut down, but the organizer ignored them and continued on with the show. It got local coverage on the news, and because of it, the show had a record turn out. Even more interesting, there was a large group of Black and Hispanics there, and they were signing up to become registered republican voters, because they want to protect their rights to own and keep firearms. They tried to call the news stations to come and report on this, but they never showed up, and then even I recorded some of the interviews going on my phone, and then posted it on Facebook, and it was taken down by facebook for some stupid violation of it's rules (for bullying and harassment)

There is definitely a movement to take away all of our rights, and I just can't believe how stupid and ignorant people are to not see it. You don't have to back republicans, but I seriously have to question anyone's mental capacity when they want to defend anything the democrats are doing. They are becoming more and more like Hitler and Stalin every single day. Heck, they are even behind the movement to remove all the confederate statues. I guess they are trying to erase that slavery and the civil war ever happened. Maybe it's because they are the ones that were fighting for slaves to begin with, and they can't have this new generation asking questions. Heck, they started gun control right after the civil war because they didn't want former slaves armed to defend themselves. People want to say the parties flipped, but I have to wonder, did they really? They are the ones that are fighting for illegal immigrants to stay here so they can perform jobs at a low cost? And if they start to question things, they can just deport them back, or just kill them, and nobody will notice... Like I said, did the democrat's version of slavery really ever end?

Old 03-18-2018, 06:21 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I find it odd that many will argue (correctly) that it's the person not the inanimate object that is the problem but when we look in that direction they get upset.

Nothing we do will be perfect but dealing with the individual has the best chance of at least some success.

I have NO problem with the truly mentally ill not being allowed to have a gun. However, there needs to be Due Process. We have seen what Government does when there are no legal restraints on them. They ALWAYS abuse their power.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I have NO problem with the truly mentally ill not being allowed to have a gun. However, there needs to be Due Process. We have seen what Government does when there are no legal restraints on them. They ALWAYS abuse their power.
There was due process here.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:56 AM

7 posts, read 2,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sounds like he was seriously ill.
Exactly! "Bob" wasn't armed enough on the outside. Now he's in a mental hospital and has no guns at all thanks to libturds that think nuthouses should be a "Gun Free Zone". How's he supposed to feel safe from the shape-shifters in the psych ward? How can he be free from the violence inherent in the system?
/sarc

Old 03-18-2018, 07:01 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Funny you say that. Yesterday, there was a gun and knife show in my town, and a local mayor tried to get it to shut down, but the organizer ignored them and continued on with the show. It got local coverage on the news, and because of it, the show had a record turn out. Even more interesting, there was a large group of Black and Hispanics there, and they were signing up to become registered republican voters, because they want to protect their rights to own and keep firearms. They tried to call the news stations to come and report on this, but they never showed up, and then even I recorded some of the interviews going on my phone, and then posted it on Facebook, and it was taken down by facebook for some stupid violation of it's rules (for bullying and harassment)

There is definitely a movement to take away all of our rights, and I just can't believe how stupid and ignorant people are to not see it. You don't have to back republicans, but I seriously have to question anyone's mental capacity when they want to defend anything the democrats are doing. They are becoming more and more like Hitler and Stalin every single day. Heck, they are even behind the movement to remove all the confederate statues. I guess they are trying to erase that slavery and the civil war ever happened. Maybe it's because they are the ones that were fighting for slaves to begin with, and they can't have this new generation asking questions. Heck, they started gun control right after the civil war because they didn't want former slaves armed to defend themselves. People want to say the parties flipped, but I have to wonder, did they really? They are the ones that are fighting for illegal immigrants to stay here so they can perform jobs at a low cost? And if they start to question things, they can just deport them back, or just kill them, and nobody will notice... Like I said, did the democrat's version of slavery really ever end?
The 2nd Amendment was the weaponization of slavery
It was included to allow slave patrols/posses to hunt slaves trying to escape
The attitude that this is the most sacred of the Amendments comes from a Southern perspective in the main
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-south/407809/

Old 03-18-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The 2nd Amendment was the weaponization of slavery
It was included to allow slave patrols/posses to hunt slaves trying to escape
The attitude that this is the most sacred of the Amendments comes from a Southern perspective in the main
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-south/407809/
There was no need for an Amendment to allow for this. In the 18th century few would have questioned it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies