Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 11:12 PM

736 posts, read 353,304 times

Advertisements

She should get on the treadmill ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2018, 11:18 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Just watched her interview. She and her daughters are some hefty gals. I could see where they would want extra room.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:31 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
She was told she could not ride? When? Where did you read that?

From what I have read, she asked to have extra space and the employee said no, that he had to fill the seat.

He made no comment about her weight, did not refuse her. He just didn't give her the extra space that she wanted.
OK, I was mistaken but why would they push for the through-put and not worry about that? As I mentioned before, Disney has done exactly that. Why Universal couldn't is beyond me.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:51 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
"Morales said the park offered her a $100 gift card as well as dinner and movie tickets, but her experience has left her reluctant to visit again."

Dinner? Really?

Old 03-18-2018, 12:16 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
OK, I was mistaken but why would they push for the through-put and not worry about that? As I mentioned before, Disney has done exactly that. Why Universal couldn't is beyond me.
My guess is that the employee was trained and instructed to get as many people loaded up as quickly as possible. Keep that line moving.

People can be rearranged so they can all ride together, but leaving empty spaces means people are left in line.

Should the employees be trained to give all fat people two seats instead of one?

Old 03-18-2018, 12:23 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,535,950 times
Quote:
Should the employees be trained to give all fat people two seats instead of one?
it's a private company, they should make an entrance rule, no service for anyone over 200 pounds...

like the no shirt, no shoes, no service practice

Old 03-18-2018, 12:34 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Leggs Sheila View Post
Im offended by the term FAT SHAMING. I prefer to refer to FAT babes as BIG BEEFY TYPE GIRL, Or a super sized girl.

On small commuter airlines ive seen them arrange passengers by HEFTYNESS. Once a 500 lb woman was seated in the middle of the plane on the left side and 4 other passengers were seated on the opposite side to balance out the planes steadiness.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:38 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
it's a private company, they should make an entrance rule, no service for anyone over 200 pounds...

What if the person is tall enough that 201 pounds or more isn't even classified as overweight?

Old 03-18-2018, 12:54 AM

Quote:
My guess is that the employee was trained and instructed to get as many people loaded up as quickly as possible. Keep that line moving.

People can be rearranged so they can all ride together, but leaving empty spaces means people are left in line.

Eh it is a touchy subject. Not all do, but they also have to remember that shoving in as many people as possible will lead to this issue. It is an easy to Falzone, simply have a party or two wait. What bad can waiting for the next tram be for a group do? I say this as someone who has gone to many different theme parks including Universal Studios, Six Flags, various Cedar Fairs and Disney parks and have seen various different load procedures whether it is a Disney style selected spot by the ride-ops or you chose your own spot. Honestly, the only issue I ever saw was say the Fastpass users being a 10-1 ratio at the merge point or even worse, the use of Queuebots on the old Batman & Robin ride at Six Flags Great Adventure where they would basically have an entire train of Queuebot users clog up and slow up the line. I've also seen it that entire rows on cars were shut down too, but not to the level of the Batman & Robin insanity.

The Universal team members shouldn't be "trained to give fat people two seats instead of one" (mainly because on a ride system like Kong's and I think the up-coming Fast & Furious or Disney's Jungle Cruise, Pirates and Small World, there aren't set seats. You can run them as packed or small as is comfortable and efficient. What they should be is how Disney is and adapt to reasonable guest issues. We aren't talking about a woman asking to ride Forbidden Journey and she can't pull down the restraint, we are talking a ride that could easily have a party wait one single tram to get everyone uncomfortably and together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post

This is another uninformed theme park suggestion. Rides often aren't a weight issue except for some tube slides at a water park (water coasters and half pipes namely. ) Instead, they are about waist, chest or thigh sizes and depending on the ride sometimes calfs (Disney Animal Kingdom's Flight of Passage for instance) based on the restraint system for that ride or the traditional height restriction. On the ride in question (Skull Island: Reign of Kong), there is NO size restriction due to restraint. It is simply an issue of craming as many people on the ride like sardines in a can. As I mentioned, this isn't an issue with Disney and I know Universal much like other companies in the amusement business typically benchmark off of Disney so it boggles my mind, why this didn't happen here.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
What if the person is tall enough that 201 pounds or more isn't even classified as overweight?
If the rider is too big or small height wise or cannot fit in the restraint, they cannot ride. Yes, some "adult rides" do have maximum heights. I think Taz's Twister at Six Flags Great Adventure had it at like 78" or 6'6" so unless you were the typical NBA player,a really tall pro-wrestler or Chara you could ride it. The restraint issue happened to me a few times as I mentioned earlier in the thread and it does suck because often the rides don't actually have a test seat to make sure you fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies