Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 01:08 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times

Advertisements

Legislators probe: 'Systemic' bias within Kennesaw State against conservative students. Question state funding.

“Many of my professors make it a regular habit to push their own political agendas in the classroom, and I fear that if I express my own opinion in opposition, I will receive a poor grade in the class,

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%...vcXUatuNMx3y_w

University Students Forced to Confess Their White Privilege in video for grade.

University students in Georgia forced to confess their white privilege | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 02:56 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
LOL. Very snow-flakey students.

So you have two students who are conservatives who are suing based on them perceiving that they "might" get bad grades. Whatever lol....

Note I went to college in GA at a religious college. I had to take a class titled "They Psychology of Religion" as a part of a psychology requirement (I registered late and this was the only class left).

The professor of this class was a pastor. He went on and on about religion and how necessary it was all the time. I was the only atheist in the classroom. He and I got into a lot of professional debates and I debated the rest of the class on the "need" for religion for one to be a moral and/or ethical person. It was a good class but I did end up saying some things that the professor didn't like.

Note, I was and still am a very good researcher and writer (will also note that I don't try to be so on this forum since it's not related to my work or a grade). I was an instructor in our writing lab and was TA in the English department for composition classes as well.

The professor, at least 3 times in that class tried to give me a "C" on term papers, once on a midterm worth 60% of our grade. I went to him in his office and he basically admitted that my grade was in relation to me not being religious and so I reported him and he was disciplined and I got an A on that paper and an A in the class.

Even if one has a minority viewpoint, you need to learn how to handle yourself in school. Most places, as an atheist (and an atheist black woman at that as I am a part of many black organizations where religion is a focus of an event and my college BTW was an HBCU and over 95% of the student body were/are Christian) I am apt to have a minority opinion.

People need to quit being cry babies and use those opportunities to learn to debate and write in a more focused, intelligent manner. I also doubt much of what the students said occurred in your first article about the throwing of bottles. I actually have family members who go to KSU the school in question. It is not a "liberal" institution.

Seems to me they are making up stuff in order to get Fox to pay them some attention and to further rile up all you conservatives against your hated "lefties" and "liberals" lol. That they are b**ching about the LGBTQ space is also weird since sexual orientation is not a political club and I'm sure that there are some LGBTQ conservatives at Kennesaw.

On the gender "discussion" in class where the student said they were kicked out, that is silly IMO and I also don't believe it. Of course there are only two genders. That cannot be debated except for hermaphrodites or asexual gendered individuals. But 98% of all humans are biogenetically one or the other. No one who is not a scardy cat should be afraid of saying this.

On the flyers with the pronouns, that is also silly. I've worked at public universities and just because there is a logo of the University on a flyer doesn't mean it was paid for or sanctioned by the University. Kids often will just put a jpeg of the logo on a flyer, t-shirt, cup, basically anything you can think of.

People so much like to complain and sue about stupid crap. These kids need to grow some you know whats and learn how to debate and stick to their principles.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:15 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
It sounds to me that there is a one teacher problem here, not a college problem.

It's been a long time since I was in college, and back then, challenging a teacher was a lot harder to do than it is now, but I did it a few times, making them defend the grades I was given. I was never punished by the school for doing so, nor the professors, and sometimes the grade was modified, sometimes not.

I sure never felt that suing the university would ever solve my problems; I just went to the teacher's office and had it out with them. No shouting or big drama involved.

But, as I said, that was a long time ago. Maybe the kids today are different now.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:53 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL. Very snow-flakey students.

So you have two students who are conservatives who are suing based on them perceiving that they "might" get bad grades. Whatever lol....

Note I went to college in GA at a religious college. I had to take a class titled "They Psychology of Religion" as a part of a psychology requirement (I registered late and this was the only class left).

The professor of this class was a pastor. He went on and on about religion and how necessary it was all the time. I was the only atheist in the classroom. He and I got into a lot of professional debates and I debated the rest of the class on the "need" for religion for one to be a moral and/or ethical person. It was a good class but I did end up saying some things that the professor didn't like.

Note, I was and still am a very good researcher and writer (will also note that I don't try to be so on this forum since it's not related to my work or a grade). I was an instructor in our writing lab and was TA in the English department for composition classes as well.

The professor, at least 3 times in that class tried to give me a "C" on term papers, once on a midterm worth 60% of our grade. I went to him in his office and he basically admitted that my grade was in relation to me not being religious and so I reported him and he was disciplined and I got an A on that paper and an A in the class.

Even if one has a minority viewpoint, you need to learn how to handle yourself in school. Most places, as an atheist (and an atheist black woman at that as I am a part of many black organizations where religion is a focus of an event and my college BTW was an HBCU and over 95% of the student body were/are Christian) I am apt to have a minority opinion.

People need to quit being cry babies and use those opportunities to learn to debate and write in a more focused, intelligent manner. I also doubt much of what the students said occurred in your first article about the throwing of bottles. I actually have family members who go to KSU the school in question. It is not a "liberal" institution.

Seems to me they are making up stuff in order to get Fox to pay them some attention and to further rile up all you conservatives against your hated "lefties" and "liberals" lol. That they are b**ching about the LGBTQ space is also weird since sexual orientation is not a political club and I'm sure that there are some LGBTQ conservatives at Kennesaw.

On the gender "discussion" in class where the student said they were kicked out, that is silly IMO and I also don't believe it. Of course there are only two genders. That cannot be debated except for hermaphrodites or asexual gendered individuals. But 98% of all humans are biogenetically one or the other. No one who is not a scardy cat should be afraid of saying this.

On the flyers with the pronouns, that is also silly. I've worked at public universities and just because there is a logo of the University on a flyer doesn't mean it was paid for or sanctioned by the University. Kids often will just put a jpeg of the logo on a flyer, t-shirt, cup, basically anything you can think of.

People so much like to complain and sue about stupid crap. These kids need to grow some you know whats and learn how to debate and stick to their principles.
University System of Georgia Chancellor Steve Wrigley disagrees with your opinion.

Earlier this month, University System of Georgia Chancellor Steve Wrigley sent Harmon a letter ordering him to conduct a thorough review of student affairs, outlining corrective steps to take.
“You need to lead systematic, fundamental improvement of some very basic functions within student affairs,” Wrigley wrote, “and I expect this to begin today.”

Old 04-01-2018, 07:08 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,772,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It sounds to me that there is a one teacher problem here, not a college problem.

It's been a long time since I was in college, and back then, challenging a teacher was a lot harder to do than it is now, but I did it a few times, making them defend the grades I was given. I was never punished by the school for doing so, nor the professors, and sometimes the grade was modified, sometimes not.

I sure never felt that suing the university would ever solve my problems; I just went to the teacher's office and had it out with them. No shouting or big drama involved.

But, as I said, that was a long time ago. Maybe the kids today are different now.
What might be different now is colleges have become very intolerant places when it comes to any viewpoint that is not far left. Administrations do not generally support any student that espouses dissenting views. The professors know that and know there will be no consequences for punishing (via grades) students they disagree with.

My daughter was a Political Science major and had a radical lesbian feminist professor who absolutely hated men. Anyone who disagreed with her was punished. Fortunately my daughter was smart enough to just go along with her and not offer any dissenting view so as to avoid getting a bad grade. She knew complaining to Administration would have been wasted effort and that she herself would be at risk for having complained. This is what is happening on campuses now.

The craziest part of this is that my daughter is a liberal through and through, but the far left hate for all men coming from that professor was beyond anything my daughter could even remotely embrace, but embracing it was a requirement of successfully completing that class.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:12 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,752,250 times
It's time to start suing the pants off the public universities & the professors specifically for discrimination. It's going to take some whopping settlements to get the attention of the leftists who have the choke hold on education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies