Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2018, 03:15 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,116,882 times

Advertisements

Why is the supreme court siding with the military on refusing to set supreme court precident. If someone who took no govt money is gaged with a secrecy order, regardless if they lifted it or not the persons first and fifth amendment rights were violated.

https://fas.org/blogs/secrecy/2016/1...-secrecy-2016/

How is the govt getting away with this and will this start to undermine patents and people will just start selling military tech to forign nations with out patents (basicly a demonstation and they write a check and get the whole kit).

Seems the US military is willing to classify it but not willing to pay the big bucks (8 figure amounts).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 09:13 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Nobody care about protecting IP anymore. It’s even worse in places like China.

Look for innovation to slow, as top scientists & engineers realize that they won’t get a penny for any potential inventions.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:53 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
You think this is crazy, read up on the Invention Secrecy Act of 1951.

Many people do not realize this is still in place and used today to suppress technology.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:35 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,116,882 times
So does it make sense if you have something with profound military application to just sell the whole kit to some other country for a large sum of money and be done with it?

From the article it sounds like the gag orders are only put in place when you file for a patent?

So for instance if I had a weapons system and I demonstrated what it could do in a video, presumably I could just sell the whole pelican case for 10 mil and that's that? Since there is no patent or gag order then I would be out of trouble?

The problem with trying to sell it to the US first is that I am a US citizen so I am within reach of what ever morally bankrupt behavior they want to put on me if they decide not to pay up but then classify it, I am stuck because I physically reside here and risk prison time, where as if I sell it over seas I dont have to deal with prison time etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies