Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 04:53 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Well, praise the lord that we don't run the country based on polls... if we did, we would have Madam President Crooked Hillary
Given Trump's long history of organized crime affilations with both Mafia members here in the US and the Oligarchs in Russia, it's quite possible that we'd all be much better off with Hillary....

Old 03-31-2018, 05:25 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Given Trump's long history of organized crime affilations with both Mafia members here in the US and the Oligarchs in Russia, it's quite possible that we'd all be much better off with Hillary....
Defending Trump while calling Clinton crooked is delusional.

Trump has thousands of lawsuits over his crooked dealings.

He brags about "renegotiating" loans, i.e. refusing to pay what he agreed to pay. He brags about refusing to pay contractors and employees. ...

Trump is so crooked that when he passes on to his reward, they'll have to screw him into the ground.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:26 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
The believe that young people don't know what is going on and/or won't vote is also delusional.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:29 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I like "young people". I was one once and I had two of my own once so I say this with the greatest respect...young people can be smart, witty, intelligent, anything you want to add, but they don't have any life experience to give them any insights on politics. They are usually idealistic, but the world doesn't work the way they think. They WILL learn, most of them anyway, and develop opinion based on reality and not "what they think ought to be". It makes a HUGE difference.

So I don't care what young people think.
I'm in this age group. I've been in the working world for more than a decade where I am now in a management role, earned two degrees on full scholarships - one while working full time, lived in 3 foreign countries, have fought and beat stage IV cancer, have had speaking gigs around the country, have leadership roles in several volunteer obligations, and am very involved in my younger brother's family which includes children.

What life experience, exactly, am I lacking? Are my peers in this age group lacking? You might be able to say that about 15-20 year olds, but not the majority of this age group. And no one in the 15-34 age group is so blind as to look at Trump's tweets and think they represent the words of a stable, principled, grown-up president.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:29 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Not even close.... Despite many personal failings, at least the Donald is getting some good things done -- illegal immigration is being fought as are the states that support it. We may finally pull out of Syria. And even if he does nothing else, he got Gorsuch on the Supreme Court. Enough said.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:42 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Not surprising when so many of them get their 'news' and 'facts' from social media and the likes of Hogg.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/poll...151037193.html
Understandable considering where they get their "news"

In the first year of Trump's admin ABC, NBC and CBS ran stories on Trump.

90% WERE NEGATIVE on him.

MOST big city newspapers are very liberal and the stories reflect it.

MOST of cable news is left and is reflective in their coverage.

Most Kids coming out of high school and college have been indoctrinated by liberal teachers.

Do you really expect any other "result" from a polll run by another liberal site?

I could not get to the actual poll so it is hard to see WHO they polled and their political affiliations.

It DOES make a difference.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 03-31-2018 at 05:51 AM..

Old 03-31-2018, 05:54 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Most people get their "news" from CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, Comedy Central, Yahoo, Google, MSN, Facebook, Washpo, NYT, Huffpo, etc. They are all far left BIASED. Young people are especially easily duped as they don't know any better, and also due to their school indoctrination, Left Wing positions, and propaganda are "hip" to them.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:55 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Understandable considering where they get their "news"

In the first year of Trump's admin ABC, NBC and CBS ran stories on Trump.

90% WERE NEGATIVE on him.

MOST big city newspapers are very liberal and the stories reflect it.

MOST of cable news is left and is reflective in their coverage.

Most Kids coming out of high school and college have been indoctrinated by liberal teachers.

Do you really expect any other "result" from a polll run by another liberal site?

I could not get to the actual poll so it is hard to see WHO they polled and their political affiliations.

It DOES make a difference.
Then why doesn't Trump try to craft a different image than the media presents with his tweets and speeches? It's not a strong argument that "the mean ol' media is against him!" when his words show no different picture.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:24 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Not surprising when so many of them get their 'news' and 'facts' from social media and the likes of Hogg.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/poll...151037193.html
This is the same group that march in the streets to get out of class, wear funny hats, and be with their friends for a fun day off. When asked exactly what their cause is......many can't even put a sentence together. Dumb begets Dumber.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:29 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Where I work, politics doesn't get discussed much although the older ( 40 and up) employees do discuss world events, economic happenings, local news, national news, etc.
Younger coworkers( 18 to 25) discuss sports, video games, music, movies, gadgets.
One young Spanish coworker did go off on a rant about how bad Hillary was. Another older one( 60 ish) went off about how bad Trump is.
I think stereotyping any person based on race or age or sex is just foolish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies