Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 08:34 PM

27,223 posts, read 46,900,430 times

Advertisements

In our area I can’t believe the store will stay open for a long time or they will only have to sell camping stuff if there is a market for that.

We got an Outlet Mall with all big sport brand names just within 5-10 miles from Dicks.

Since Dicks themselves, limited their gun arsenal and insulted many people who are law abiding citizens, which cost Dicks many customers aside the ones like myself who already buy at specialty gun stores, Dicks will have a difficult time competing with the brand names who also sell local team shirts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 08:41 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,144,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/anti...xpected-losses

I used to go to Dicks for all my sporting purchases, guns/ammo, kids softball & baseball, soccer and basketball...Academy has gotten my business since Dicks implemented their new stance.
I never shopped at Dicks -- and still don't.

So...what does that say about -- nothing about something.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:42 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,144,598 times
And when you go to BuckEye's Firearms for your info....hang on buddy -- you are in for some bumpy rides.

Old 04-01-2018, 03:19 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,052,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
AR platform rifles are the best selling rifles in the country. I suspect the people putting down their money are far more knowledgeable about the subject than you are.
I suspect you, cuebald and BentBow are knowledgeable enough to know that there is nothing modern about the AR platform. Since one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter ... there is no such thing as a modern sporting rifle.

Old 04-01-2018, 03:26 AM

11,125 posts, read 5,634,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I think it's sad that it's OK to take a position as long as it's the position you agree with. I support the 2nd but I also support Dick's in choosing what they will or wont sell in their stores.
I'll bet that Dick's won't miss those knee-jerk gun nuts who go elsewhere. They will pick up even more business from those who appreciate their conscientious stand, against putting assault weapons in the hands of unqualified and therefore, dangerous people. When I go to a sporting goods store, it offends me to see a gun department there, alongside the equipment for true sports, that I might want to buy.

Old 04-01-2018, 03:55 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,512,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Were there picket lines and protests outside their stores or did the P***ant Hogg tell his disciples to boycott Dick's if they didn't stop selling certain guns?

It would be sad if Dick's choose to step into the political arena and into the middle of the gun debate.

I have bought some items from them over the years and will now take them off my list.

The thing is guys and gals that might have bought an assault rifle from them would also buy bullets, targets, cases, safes ,accessories for their shooting sports and hunting trips and being sportsmen they would also go to the camping and fishing sections but not anymore.

The people that would picket the store, would they actually go in to buy something or would they just go in to use the bathroom?

I think this was a poor move by Dick's.
P***ant Hogg is not afraid of the NRA and he`s not intimidated and scared of Laura Ingraham. Maybe that`s what happens when you`ve been down range of an AR-15 that kills your classmates and comes close to killing you.

Old 04-01-2018, 03:59 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,379,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
They always look busy. Maybe it’s just the stock market volatility Trump creates.
Seriously?

Old 04-01-2018, 04:12 AM

34,353 posts, read 18,739,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
They always look busy. Maybe it’s just the stock market volatility Trump creates.
Yet it is at record highs. Does Trump control everything in you mind, and does he do nothing right?

Trump owns a lot of real estate in some people's minds it seems.

Boycotts work. Never shopped at Dicks, never will now that they are anti law abiding citizens.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I think it's sad that it's OK to take a position as long as it's the position you agree with. I support the 2nd but I also support Dick's in choosing what they will or wont sell in their stores.
Except that it's a sporting goods store. One would expect to find guns and ammo at such a store.

I think one thing that hurt Radio Shack and has driven them out of business (there may still be a few stores around) is that they were selling everything but what one would expect to find. I went into my local store (now closed) for some resistors that I needed to repair my vintage Kenwood receiver, and not only did they not have them, no one would help me even look for the ones I needed in the disorganized mess that they had. The clerk (and that's all he was, apparently) only pointed in the direction of the bins that were supposed to have them. I wound up buying them on eBay, and they were far cheaper, even sold in lots. Shipping was free. I needed two, so I have extras. Bought the transistors I needed from eBay too.

This month, I needed some capacitors to repair an LCD computer monitor (HP s2031). Radio Shack now gone, I went to eBay again. Got 20 for $3 and free shipping. I needed 2. So, 15¢ in parts fixed my monitor. My only inconvenience was that I had to wait for a few days to get them. But, hey, when I was a kid ordering from Radio Shack or Allied or Lafayette Radio, I had to wait too.

Radio Shack became a glorified toy store, basically.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'll bet that Dick's won't miss those knee-jerk gun nuts who go elsewhere. They will pick up even more business from those who appreciate their conscientious stand, against putting assault weapons in the hands of unqualified and therefore, dangerous people. When I go to a sporting goods store, it offends me to see a gun department there, alongside the equipment for true sports, that I might want to buy.
There is no such thing as an "assault weapon." The AR-15 is the most popular sporting rifle. It is also very popular with women, because of its light weight and ease of handling. Not only is it a popular hunting rifle, it is popular for home defense, especially among single women who want to protect themselves from possible home invasion.

And, no one puts a sign in front of their home, "Gun Free Zone."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies