Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 12:07 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,810,759 times

Advertisements

I mean if Dr Oz thinks that CBD oil can help the opioid crisis, can there be any doubt?

"On the show, Williams revealed that a past addiction to opioids drives his medical marijuana advocacy.

Oz urges them to join him in “petitioning the government to study marijuana as a solution for chronic pain,” citing not only the current opioid epidemic but the brain-melting cost associated with treating opioid addiction per year: $78 billion.

“And right now, we're spending one-tenth of one percent of this total to support cannabis research, as the President says, that this is an opioid crisis and it's a federal emergency right? it's the right time to prove that marijuana can help with chronic pain."

Oz said on a recent episode of Fox & Friends. "People think it's a gateway drug to narcotics. It may be the exit drug to get us out of the narcotic epidemic."

His comments left the hosts scrambling for a response as he called out the DEA for labeling marijuana as a Schedule I controlled substance—the exact same as with heroin and LSD.

"We're not allowed to study it because it's a Schedule I drug, and I personally believe it could help," Oz said."

https://www.thefix.com/dr-oz-and-mon...ioid-addiction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 12:19 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I mean if Dr Oz thinks that CBD oil can help the opioid crisis, can there be any doubt?

"On the show, Williams revealed that a past addiction to opioids drives his medical marijuana advocacy.

Oz urges them to join him in “petitioning the government to study marijuana as a solution for chronic pain,” citing not only the current opioid epidemic but the brain-melting cost associated with treating opioid addiction per year: $78 billion.

“And right now, we're spending one-tenth of one percent of this total to support cannabis research, as the President says, that this is an opioid crisis and it's a federal emergency right? it's the right time to prove that marijuana can help with chronic pain."

Oz said on a recent episode of Fox & Friends. "People think it's a gateway drug to narcotics. It may be the exit drug to get us out of the narcotic epidemic."

His comments left the hosts scrambling for a response as he called out the DEA for labeling marijuana as a Schedule I controlled substance—the exact same as with heroin and LSD.

"We're not allowed to study it because it's a Schedule I drug, and I personally believe it could help," Oz said."

https://www.thefix.com/dr-oz-and-mon...ioid-addiction
If there is doubt, shouldn't they be allowed to research it to find out for sure?
The only people against this are the pharmaceutical companies, and the people they're able to manipulate.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:22 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Sorry, for those of us who aren't free in the early afternoons to watch Montel Williams, who is Dr. Oz?

Old 04-02-2018, 12:25 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Marijuana will get off the Title I list in the next 20 years imo.

Ridiculous that it's taken this long but laws are loosening.

P.S. I've never smoked marijuana

Old 04-02-2018, 12:29 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
I would support legalizing the weeds, if only there were some safer way of using it besides injecting it straight into your eyeballs. That is just dangerous, and until scientists figure it out I have to say that I oppose.

Old 04-02-2018, 12:41 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
JAMA Internal Medicine agrees that it can help prevent/treat opioid addiction:

https://www.cnn.com/2014/08/25/healt...ths/index.html

Quote:
"We found there was about a 25% lower rate of prescription painkiller overdose deaths on average after implementation of a medical marijuana law," lead study author Dr. Marcus Bachhuber said.
In 2010 alone, he said, states with medical marijuana laws had approximately 1,700 fewer overdose deaths than would have been expected based on the numbers before such laws were passed.

Bachhuber, a primary care doctor at the Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, has treated many chronic pain patients.

Old 04-02-2018, 01:09 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I would support legalizing the weeds, if only there were some safer way of using it besides injecting it straight into your eyeballs. That is just dangerous, and until scientists figure it out I have to say that I oppose.
Ha! But that's the most effective way, don't you know?

Now I understand the whole face-eating thing. They were trying to get to the eyeballs!

Old 04-02-2018, 03:24 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I died after 6 marijuanas were injected into me, thankfully big pharma drugs saved my life. All I had to do was buy and take one or two of their pills everyday for the rest of my life.

Old 04-02-2018, 03:25 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,939,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I died after 6 marijuanas were injected into me, thankfully big pharma drugs saved my life. All I had to do was buy and take one or two of their pills everyday for the rest of my life.
HAHAHAHa

Old 04-02-2018, 07:39 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,810,759 times
This is happening now - it's unbelievable how widespread this crisis is, and how it's growing...

The Story Behind The Viral Photograph Of Opioid Victims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDB0CfsmfGI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies