Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 07:23 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times

Advertisements

She ran over the kid in bed with a pick up and his body was not even hard yet when the judge- obviously in sympathy with her- lets her out of jail for $3500. The kid's dad is right- if the kid got caught with a dime bag in Cobb, he would have to put up at least $10,000 to get out.
Victim's Family Angry; Suspect In Fatal Crash Gets Bond - News Story - WSB Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 07:36 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Your original title to this thread makes it seem like a racial incident.

I know how important intellectual honesty is to you (I've read a lot of your stuff on the Elections Forum) so I did you a favor and fixed the thread title.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
She ran over the kid in bed with a pick up and his body was not even hard yet when the judge- obviously in sympathy with her- lets her out of jail for $3500. The kid's dad is right- if the kid got caught with a dime bag in Cobb, he would have to put up at least $10,000 to get out.
Victim's Family Angry; Suspect In Fatal Crash Gets Bond - News Story - WSB Atlanta
Um.. her "bond was raised from $35,000 to $100,000." (meaning she would have to put up $10,000) to get out.

The judge did not let her out on $3,500 bond, the judge raised it to $100K, meaning she'll need to post 10%.

She's also most likely going to jail for years, having been charged with 8 crimes, including FELONY criminal homocide.

How did she get off light?

Come back after her conviction and if she gets less time then others charged with similar convictions, then make an issue out of it..

Old 06-09-2008, 07:47 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post

I know how important intellectual honesty is to you (I've read a lot of your stuff on the Elections Forum) so I did you a favor and fixed the thread title.
Ok, I thought it was me.. I looked at the title, then the story, came back to the title and it was different. I was confused about what happened to the title because I knew it began out (again) as another KevK racial story.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:56 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,538,194 times
Well, bail is a part of our judicial system. Murderers, rapists, pedopholes... about 99% have the opportunity to post bail and get out of jail before trial.

I suspect she will get 3-10 years in jail.

As for me, I'd like to see 10 years added on for people driving under the influence or those who leave the scene of the crime.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post

Thank you.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um.. her "bond was raised from $35,000 to $100,000." (meaning she would have to put up $10,000) to get out.

The judge did not let her out on $3,500 bond, the judge raised it to $100K, meaning she'll need to post 10%.

She's also most likely going to jail for years, having been charged with 8 crimes, including FELONY criminal homocide.

How did she get off light?

Come back after her conviction and if she gets less time then others charged with similar convictions, then make an issue out of it..
Actually that is only half right. The original judge that heard the case- probably a drunk too- set such a low bond that it was a joke and then AFTER the family raised hell and the Solicitor's Office started getting calls from angry citizens who found out that this apprently is a habit with thie woman, a different judge issued an order from his home raising the bail.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ok, I thought it was me.. I looked at the title, then the story, came back to the title and it was different. I was confused about what happened to the title because I knew it began out (again) as another KevK racial story.
It is a story with a racial angle. It is much the same of all the stories posted here about "Is this a hate crime?" and such seeking to highlight black on white crimes and asking if the white is getting fair treatment by the justice system. I am just making a point that injustice rubs both ways.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:53 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Her bond was not $3500 Kev. It was $35,000. Still too low IMO.

The bond was raised to $100,000.

One reason typically for such low bonds is that at the inital hearings, the judge often does not have any previous arrest records (if any) on the suspect.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:55 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Actually that is only half right. The original judge that heard the case- probably a drunk too- set such a low bond that it was a joke and then AFTER the family raised hell and the Solicitor's Office started getting calls from angry citizens who found out that this apprently is a habit with thie woman, a different judge issued an order from his home raising the bail.
"Solicitors" office? We have no such thing in the US Kev

And, the Hearing Officer or Judge at the initial appearance is not the judge for the case.

I also believe it is very wrong of you to jump to a conclusion that the Judge at the inital hearing was "probably a drunk too" -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies