Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2018, 09:54 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If Trump is innocent, why all the concern about investigating Russians interfering in our elections and the criminal behavior of his business and political associates?
Truly dumb, circular logic.

Even though you haven't committed a murder, will you be okay with a two+ year murder investigation against you that all of your family and coworkers know about and in light of the fact that there is heavy political pressure to see you prosecuted? How about if you were the boss of the largest corporation in the world?

Keep lighting things on fire for your feels. It should work out.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:55 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Investigating an elected POTUS on no evidence, Russian disinformation, and MSM narratives after an election where virtually all institutions went in against him is exactly the opposite of what "democracy looks like".

FYI.
Are you part of the investigation or either legal team? If not, you have no idea of whether there is evidence of wrongdoing.

That no one is above the law is the essence of our democracy.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:55 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Tell me, was Nixon's base largely okay with him resigning, at least to a degree that is greater than Trump's base desertion (where it exists), or was it controversial?

You people really need to start using words with more purpose in order to reduce conversational noise. What you decide is controversial doesn't mean that its actually controversial. Serial murder makes headlines but is not controversial.

This investigation is much more controversial than Watergate, where there was actual evidence at the beginning of the investigation in the form of a physical break-in, as evidenced by the respective percentages public division on the matter.
I am going to assume that you reject as "actual evidence" the January 6, 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment jointly compiled by the CIA, FBI, NSA and Office of the Director of National Intelligence because it does not fit your narrative. Do I have that right?

Old 04-10-2018, 09:56 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If Trump is innocent, why all the concern about investigating Russians interfering in our elections and the criminal behavior of his business and political associates?
Many of his supporters knows he's probably guilty of many crimes, yet they want the country to overlook it. The DOJ is not going to overlook it.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:58 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,167,096 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw_DJsUdsSg&t=40s

Old 04-10-2018, 10:01 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Tell me, was Nixon's base largely okay with him resigning, at least to a degree that is greater than Trump's base desertion (where it exists), or was it controversial?

You people really need to start using words with more purpose in order to reduce conversational noise. What you decide is controversial doesn't mean that its actually controversial. Serial murder makes headlines but is not controversial.

This investigation is much more controversial than Watergate, where there was actual evidence at the beginning of the investigation in the form of a physical break-in, as evidenced by the respective percentages public division on the matter.
I wasn't part of Nixon's base
But I was old enough to know that politicians in the GOP were disgusted with how Nixon debased their party and brought it into such a negative light
They wanted people/voters to know that what Nixon did was an aberration -- not what the Republican Party as a whole supported...
Not true with what is going on with Trump
There were politicians who didn't support Trump when he was running for the nomination
Fewer who didn't support his candidacy
But you have almost NO GOP politicians who speak out against Trump's actions/agenda/strategies/tweets now

Jeff Flake gets short shift
Kasich has done some things to distance himself from Trump for his own presidential run in 2020 likely
Now Trey Gowdy has come out with the "why are you trying to look guilty" speech and supposedly he is going to investigate Pruitt's EPA ethics situation
But so many politicians had nothing to say when Trump supported the Alabama GOP Senate candidate, when Trump appointed Bolton as head of NSA and so many of them were in Congress the first time Bolton was a person under fire and couldn't win the UN nomination outright...
So I don't think you see lot of GOP politicians taking a stand against Trump
Lindsey Graham has tried to straddle both sides of the Trump fence
Roarbacher is not going to run
Ryan is making noise he might not run or might step down as Majority Leader
But as a concerted voice supporting the rule of law
If they wanted to protect Mueller they could pass a legislation to do that

Old 04-10-2018, 10:01 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
I love it. He is getting closer and closer to Trump.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:02 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
If he guilty of something, I have no problem with impeaent but when you have to make up something just because Hillary lost is another story. But there actually have to be a crime that was committed befor muller started looking

Old 04-10-2018, 10:03 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/st...45641291804673

The real question is, will Cohen attempt to made a deal to mitigate his prison sentence?
I think Cohen would not be able to face doing that
All his identity is tied up in Trump
More likely to take another way out...

Old 04-10-2018, 10:05 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
RULE: Whenever a politician's lawyer goes to jail, that is a reliable indicator that the politician is corrupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies