Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 09:13 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times

Advertisements

I hope they just stay closed. Screw FourBucks. Their products are mediocre and not any better than alternative at half the cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 09:17 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,945,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
But it's not a problem.

Why on earth are the calling it "Racial Bias education," when race clearly didn't play a factor?
It's all about laptop thieves, and homeless Real estate brokers having business meetings.
Perfect! So tired of table top thefts in and outside Starbucks in Philly as well as the homeless. These 2 guys in Philly are alleged to be ''commercial real estate brokers''...but still haven't been identified.

They have been clearing out the day sitting homeless and enforcing ''bathroom for customers only'' policy...as you can see from what happened last week here in Philly.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:19 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But why is this even a problem to begin with. Why would the manager call the police on 2 black men who were doing nothing except waiting for someone else. How many of us white people have done the same thing and no one called the cops on us. This racism in some of us is deeply rooted and ingrained. What I don't understand is why. Where is it coming from. This is 2018 and it seems we are going backwards.
Us "white people" tend to buy a coffee while we sit and wait. I have never planted butt in an establishment, ordered nothing, requested use of the bathroom, ordered nothing, then refused to leave when asked too. Nope I have never done the above nor have a met a single person of any color who has. Obviously it happens as proven by these individuals.

To me it isn't about race. As many have claimed Starbucks allows for some loitering. What I haven't seen is for how much?
half hour? Hour? Half day? 24/7?
Does the free loitering clause permit for homeless people? Is a person allowed to bring their own food and coffee? Can we do our family get togethers there and not buy anything?

Old 04-17-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I hope they just stay closed. Screw FourBucks. Their products are mediocre and not any better than alternative at half the cost.
Yeah, agreed. Starbucks is getting old anyway. Products are mediocre and your $5.00 frap isn't even made correctly...and they expect tips on top of the $5.00 sh*tty drink. Add in here in Philly drug dealers, homeless, getting assualted, white suburb yoga pants chicks getting their purses and tablets snatched from table tops...and FourBucks wonders why sales are stagnant as of late.

I love the FourBucks name, it's perfect..lol. I was calling it Starf*ckups 'cuz they kept messing up my drink orders.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:27 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Us "white people" tend to buy a coffee while we sit and wait. I have never planted butt in an establishment, ordered nothing, requested use of the bathroom, ordered nothing, then refused to leave when asked too. Nope I have never done the above nor have a met a single person of any color who has. Obviously it happens as proven by these individuals.

To me it isn't about race. As many have claimed Starbucks allows for some loitering. What I haven't seen is for how much?
Does the free loitering clause permit for homeless people? Is a person allowed to bring their own food and coffee? Can we do our family get togethers there and not buy anything?
Many people wait to order until the other party gets there. I know I do cause I think it's kind of rude. And I also use the bathroom. No one has ever asked me to leave.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
But why is this even a problem to begin with. Why would the manager call the police on 2 black men who were doing nothing except waiting for someone else. How many of us white people have done the same thing and no one called the cops on us. This racism in some of us is deeply rooted and ingrained. What I don't understand is why. Where is it coming from. This is 2018 and it seems we are going backwards.
It's a problem in downtown Philly Starbucks. They have enforced the buying something to use the bathroom and for sitting around rule. Either one or both of these guys asked to use the restroom; denied; they sat down again and refused to purchase anything. Manager called cops to have them removed. Nothing was said about ''meeting friends''. Also this location was recently robbed and this same manager was chased around the store by some dude she had asked to ''buy or leave''.

I was relieved last time I went in this location that the seating was rearranged and the homeless and ''squatters'' were gone.

This location in the news had become my ''refugee'' go to location since the other ones were overrun with problems. Drug dealers, homeless people, and I actually was assaulted by a guy that came in to steal from table tops.

So, I'm backing the manager up on why she wanted these two guys removed from her store but I'm over Starbucks generally and all the drama it entails going into its locations in big cities.

It's not racism...sorry. Do you actually think this store manager decided to only target ''black males'', for no reason?

Not sure where you live but Philly isn't Pleasantville.

Do you get outraged as well when little kids are killed in gang crossfire in Philly? Do you think we're going backwards when gang bangers spray gunfire at a Philly bus with military firearms or when thugs open fire on a subway here 'cuz someone had on another city's basketball team apparel? Doubt it.

Last edited by Kamms; 04-17-2018 at 09:50 PM..

Old 04-17-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

Starbucks is to blame with its ''open community'' groovy scene stores where folks can waft in-and-out willy-nilly, and if the vibe hits you, spend some bread, or not, man...whatever...works well in places like Eugene Oregon maybe but not in the real world. This ''communal'' nonsense always quickly goes south.

It got so bad in Philly that the company allowed individual store managers to enforce ''restrooms for customers only'' and ''no loitering without paying''.

The 2 alleged ''commercial real estate brokers'' were asked to buy something refused; asked to use the restroom, were refused; asked to leave, refused. Cops called. Bye!

Old 04-17-2018, 09:50 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
It's a problem in downtown Philly Starbucks. They have enforced the buying something to use the bathroom and for sitting around rule. Either one or both of these guys asked to use the restroom; denied; they sat down again and refused to purchase anything. Manager called cops to have them removed. Nothing was said about ''meeting friends''. Also this location was recently robbed and this same manager was chased around the store by some dude she had asked to ''buy or leave''.

I was relieved last time I went in this location that the seating was rearranged and the homeless and ''squatters'' were gone.

This location in the news had become my ''refugee'' go to location since the other ones were overrun with problems. Drug dealers, homeless people, and I actually was assaulted by a guy that came in to steal from table tops.

So, I'm backing the manager up on why she wanted these two guys removed from her store but I'm over Starbucks generally and all the drama it entails going into its locations in big cities.

It's not racism...sorry. Do actually think this store manager decided to only target ''black males'', for no reason?

Not sure where you live but Philly isn't Pleasantville.
Yes, I do. Were they bothering other people and harassing them. No, they were minding their own business waiting for a friend. Did she go up to them and tell them that if they didn't order something they would have to leave. If they said they were waiting for a friend most good managers would have said...oh, ok and let them be.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
If this rubbish is true, I am dumping Starbucks once and for all.

I reduced the number of times I'd meet with friends or potential clients when they did the firearms crap, and then the liberal Utopian writing messages of leftist brainwashing on the cups.
But if they allow this trumped up story to create some new type of PC brainwashing/indoctrination of their employees, the 10% of the business I still give them will go to zero.

`
I Forgot about the firearms b.s. but it's true; Starbucks closing 8,000 stores for ''racial sensitivity'' training...lol. It's unbelievable.

Bet the Philly baristas want to carry though; I would if I worked in any retail location in Philly.

I, as well, am cutting out Starbucks completely.

Last edited by Kamms; 04-17-2018 at 10:13 PM..

Old 04-17-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do. Were they bothering other people and harassing them. No, they were minding their own business waiting for a friend. Did she go up to them and tell them that if they didn't order something they would have to leave. If they said they were waiting for a friend most good managers would have said...oh, ok and let them be.
She did ask them buy something, especially when they wanted to use the restroom and, no, they didn't say they were meeting anyone. Doesn't matter if they weren't bothering anyone, new rule in Philly has been "not buying, not staying'' and ''not using the bathroom''.

Once they asked to use the restroom, they were told it's for customers only, and the sign on the bathroom door says the same. Then they sat down, again. Still didn't buy anything.

You use the word ''if''....'if'' they said they were waiting for someone, they didn't...bye! Even they said they were meeting someone, buy or it's good-bye.

So glad Starbucks cleaned up its Philly stores, but I won't be in any of them anymore. Too much b.s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies