Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 09:54 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
How many times has she been investigated?
Better yet how much have these pointless investigations cost the Taxpayers? Some estimates find that just the Benghazi investigation and hearings clocked in at a price tag of $22 million dollars. $22 million that we could have put into education or infrastructure. Are we that entrenched in political partisanship warfare that we fail to see the damage it's doing to our nation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 09:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Teabaggers?" Wow, we haven't heard that term in a long time!
You know...

When the moniker fits, etc.

Quote:
It isn't "just a letter." It's a recommendation, and it is serious. It isn't something they do on a routine basis. It means they have enough evidence to warrant a criminal investigation.
No, it means they're scared. Those boys might have Russian campaign problems of their own.
Quote:
But, keep your head in the sand, if that's what makes you happy.
You're angry.

No need to be.

Carry on.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:26 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Really I find it rather strange the democrats are fighting tooth and nail to overlook Obama administration corruption but are all over Trump for about the last two years of Russian collusion without one bit of evidence except a whole bunch of maybes, ifs, I hope and one pron star.

As Congressional races tight up I think democrats should reconsider their election strategies. According to RCP the democrats seem to be slipping...

2018 Generic Congressional Vote
  • Democrats45.1
  • Republicans39.6
Democrats +5.5

Quote:
Last month it seemed that Democrats might ride a giant tsunami to control of the House and Senate. Now, some are wondering whether there’s a Democratic wave at all.
The Democratic advantage on the generic congressional ballot, which asks people whether they’ll vote for Democrats or Republicans for Congress, has dwindled since the heart of the tax debate in December. Then, nearly all surveys put Republicans behind by double digits. Now, poll averages put the Democratic lead at only around six or seven percentage points.

Note: I find it interesting the reporting come from the very liberal NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/02/u...democrats.html

Old 04-19-2018, 11:41 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
I wonder how many of the Trump haters even bothered to read the letter from congress?

I would bet none of them, but they all sure aren't bashful about dismissing it.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:48 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
And Trump is still president, and Hillary is about to be investigated.
Hillary has either been under investigation or "about to be investigated" by republicans for over 25 years.
So far........Bupkis.

On the other hand, the republican congressmen have engaged in massive collusion to obstruct justice with a deliberate campaign of obstruction, obfuscation and distraction in attempting to shield Trump.

Last edited by mohawkx; 04-19-2018 at 12:53 PM..

Old 04-19-2018, 11:51 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I wonder how many of the Trump haters even bothered to read the letter from congress?

I would bet none of them, but they all sure aren't bashful about dismissing it.
Probably because we've been hearing about the "any day now, we'll burn the witch at the stake", for going on 25 years, from republicans.
But as you would expect, none of them thought to bring matches to the bonfire.

Old 04-19-2018, 12:53 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
McCabe got fired. He did not get arrested, he does not have to appear in court. Worst thing they did was try to take away his pension. But a liberal judge or a deep pocket democrat will find a way to get him his money one way or another. But you say they "got him" whatever that means.

You can't really compare that the Mueller arresting and indicting numerous people.

Its been a year and a half of lock her up and we are going after all these dirty democrats and nothing to show for it. My guess is no one on the list of the OP is losing any sleep over this.

I will believe it when someone is actually arrested and charged. Otherwise its a fake news nothing burger.
We might get a taste of what's ahead:

"The Justice Department inspector general referred its finding that former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe repeatedly misled investigators who were examining a media disclosure to the top federal prosecutor in the District of Columbia to determine whether McCabe should be charged with a crime, according to people familiar with the matter."

Inspector general referred findings on McCabe to U.S. attorney for consideration of criminal charges - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Old 04-19-2018, 03:56 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Wow, it just got real.

Eleven members of Congress just sent a letter to the FBI, and DOJ referring, Hillary Clinton, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Loretta Lynch, Sally Yates, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page for criminal investigations.

There are some very serious crimes listed in the letter, things could very well be getting quite interesting in the coming months.

Who knows, after the IG reports are released, we could start seeing some of these people indicted.

Congress isn't playing around anymore, this is a serious escalation, they are putting increasing pressure on the FBI/DOJ to expose, and proscute these corrupt members of the Obama administration.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3767...ral#from_embed
So back in July of 2017 I said this:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/50787119-post19.html

Now I find out Hannity is calling 2018 "the year of the Boomerang"?

Pretty sure I should get credit for that one. Don't even tell me their writers don't follow these threads. This isn't the first time (by far) this has happened.

With that said: keep in mind that Steele was leaking the contents of his dossier to media outlets. I believe there is a standing indictment on him as well.

The house of cards is falling down. I hope they keep whoring for the media, because they are going to hang themselves.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:51 PM

17,587 posts, read 13,367,588 times
I can't wait for the day the cell door slams behind killery. (But, I bet it never happens)

Old 04-19-2018, 05:45 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Really I find it rather strange the democrats are fighting tooth and nail to overlook Obama administration corruption but are all over Trump for about the last two years of Russian collusion without one bit of evidence except a whole bunch of maybes, ifs, I hope and one pron star.

As Congressional races tight up I think democrats should reconsider their election strategies. According to RCP the democrats seem to be slipping...

2018 Generic Congressional Vote
  • Democrats45.1
  • Republicans39.6
Democrats +5.5

Note: I find it interesting the reporting come from the very liberal NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/02/u...democrats.html
This isn't about Trump, its about 11 crazies recommending criminal action be taken by DOJ, most of what is mentioned in the letter is already public and in some cases being investigated. They just wanted to mention Clinton to get their base ginned up for the November election, looks like it worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies