Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 12:56 PM

764 posts, read 235,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
While I don't necessarily disagree with this, we also have to keep in mind that parents lie for their kids. The guy who shot up the Waffle House was given his guns back by his own father. And the exchange student who had a stockpile of guns and ammunition (I don't remember the exact details) was protected by his host mother. This wasn't a six-year-old; a teenager is old enough to answer the question, "Where did you get the gun you posed with in the picture?"
Agreed........ I am not saying don't talk to the young man, just that the parents should be contacted first and should be allowed to be present if further questioning is warranted. Also, I would not have a problem with authorities discreetly asking teachers etc. about the young mans behaviors. Most if not all of the previous shooters exhibited behavioral issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 02:41 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,644,418 times
I believe he was 'rightfully questioned'.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:15 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,002,303 times
Quote:
So where should the line be drawn? What exactly should be the criteria present before a police officer is allowed to say, “what is going on here?” If the kid took the gun to school after posting the pic, heads would roll that no one took it seriously and looked into it. What many if you are saying us that we must presume innocence until someone is killed or attempted to be killed. Before that, a white kid with a kid is presumed to be “a good guy e revising his second amendment rights.” All of the people who are pro-cop when “we don’t know the full story or why that man was arrested/killed by the police for holding a cellphone/sitting in Starbucks/asking for plastic silverware,” are suddenly sure that those very same cops are overreaching for asking a teen where he got the gun he was showing off on social media while referencing a group of kids who had just lived through a school shoring. I wonder what the difference is between these types of cases....
We ask that line question every day.

And it is good to ask -- it is good to question...but it isn't okay to make it about something it isn't.

He wasn't treated differently because he supports the 2nd Amendment and is anti-gun control.

How long was he held -- 15 minutes or 20 minutes....we don't know He will be okay and it has given him a strong platform

And truth -- if it was any liberally biased kid who had some kind of scheme and was questioned liberals would be outraged and conservatives would say -- he should have just answered the question.

We are losing our ability to let things slide, learn from mistakes and work together.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:12 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,495,351 times
Quote:
So where should the line be drawn? What exactly should be the criteria present before a police officer is allowed to say, “what is going on here?” If the kid took the gun to school after posting the pic, heads would roll that no one took it seriously and looked into it. What many if you are saying us that we must presume innocence until someone is killed or attempted to be killed. Before that, a white kid with a kid is presumed to be “a good guy e revising his second amendment rights.” All of the people who are pro-cop when “we don’t know the full story or why that man was arrested/killed by the police for holding a cellphone/sitting in Starbucks/asking for plastic silverware,” are suddenly sure that those very same cops are overreaching for asking a teen where he got the gun he was showing off on social media while referencing a group of kids who had just lived through a school shoring. I wonder what the difference is between these types of cases....
Gee I wonder...

One post to youtube "I want to become a professional school shooter"

One posts to twitter with nothing involving heinous or malicious intent...

BIG difference...

Old 04-25-2018, 04:25 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,114,371 times
Our local 4H shooting club posts pictures of their competitions on Facebook. Should they all be interrogated?

Old 04-25-2018, 04:30 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I suspect the questioning had little to do with his Constitutional rights to go to a shooting range with his dad (this isn't about defending himself -- he wasn't defending himself) and more to do with him posting it on social media.

If the school administration and police did not question the kid and then it turned out he did do something, everyone would scream that the school/police aren't doing their job.

Many of these mass shooters are law abiding citizens until the day they lose their ****.

I suspect the kid knew what he was doing when he posted about the firing range on Facebook.

The question of where he got the gun, who he went with, etc. were legitimate questions. You can't tell in the post he is with his Dad. https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/987722764260954112

https://twitter.com/Kashuv_Cult/stat...46540990148608

In fact you can't tell what his intent is at all.

No biggie -- all he had to do was answer the question. He wasn't stopped from doing anything.

And this isn't just some random kid. ....this kid has three twitter accounts -- one is verified (blue check). This kid was on a mission and purposely created the storm.

Law enforcement & school admin were doing their job. Nobody was denied any rights.

This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. You can bet that if law enforcement and school officials hadn't taken a look at this teen, and if something happened, people would be calling for them to be lynched. These are goofy times, and you can not be too careful. We keep telling people that if they see something suspicious, report it..........well, they did, so why the outcry from the gun nuts ?

All the kid had to do was cooperate, and that would be that, but he wants to make an issue out of this for his own agenda.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:32 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
If you really want to get the liberals panicking, publicly reveal that a young person who's been through a bad experience disagrees with them, and walks the walk.

The biggest part of the liberals' proselytizing is to get to children and instruct them on what to think, and how to react to people who disagree: Bash them, smear them, treat them like criminals, try to destroy them. Honestly debating them has no part in the liberals' agenda. Especially with children.

------------------------------------------------------

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...480758591.html

Parkland Student Says He Was 'Wrongfully Questioned' for Shooting AR-15 at Gun Range With Father

"I can now check off being wrongfully questioned by law enforcement off my bucket list," the student tweeted

By Josh Replogle and Kelli Kennedy

Published at 10:46 PM EDT on Apr 24, 2018 | Updated at 5:24 AM EDT on Apr 25, 2018

A Marjory Stoneman Douglas student alleges he was aggressively questioned by school administrators and local law enforcement after posting on social media that he fired an assault weapon at a gun range with his dad.

Junior Kyle Kashuv said he was brought in for questioning Monday by a school security officer and a Broward County deputy in what he says was an attempt to intimidate him. "I can now check off being wrongfully questioned by law enforcement off my bucket list," tweeted Kashuv, adding "school will be interesting for the remainder of my tenure at MSD. I am not looking forward to it."

On Tuesday, Kashuv told Fox News host Tucker Carlson that the meeting with officials was an interrogation. "It was a clear attempt to intimidate me, and they used very, very, very harsh intimidation tactics," Kashuv said.

After first being questioned by a school security officer, a Broward County deputy entered the room and sat behind the teen, Kashuv said. The deputy began asking Kashuv who the rifle belonged to and who he went shooting with. Kashuv said he asked if he could record the interview and was told that he couldn't. The teen said he felt like the deputy was trying to get him to incriminate his father.

Kashuv said the gun debate has become so prominent since the Valentine's Day massacre that killed 17 that he "felt it was important to learn about the physical mechanics of it," Kashuv said in a text to The Associated Press. "I made sure to post about it because I wanted to show people it's people that are the issue, not guns."

Kashuv also tweeted "Apparently using my constitutional rights to learn how to defend myself is wrong? Sorry, I thought this was still the United States of America."
For a group of people who are supportive of stop and frisk, civil forfeiture, asking any brown people you see for papers, answering some questions by the school cop is over the line? thats precious.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:37 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,767,329 times
Sounds like the school administrators are attempting to do their job after the previous failure that cost 14 people their lives. Barn door shut?

Old 04-25-2018, 04:41 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I suspect the questioning had little to do with his Constitutional rights to go to a shooting range with his dad (this isn't about defending himself -- he wasn't defending himself) and more to do with him posting it on social media.

If the school administration and police did not question the kid and then it turned out he did do something, everyone would scream that the school/police aren't doing their job.

Many of these mass shooters are law abiding citizens until the day they lose their ****.

I suspect the kid knew what he was doing when he posted about the firing range on Facebook.

The question of where he got the gun, who he went with, etc. were legitimate questions. You can't tell in the post he is with his Dad. https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/987722764260954112

https://twitter.com/Kashuv_Cult/stat...46540990148608

In fact you can't tell what his intent is at all.

No biggie -- all he had to do was answer the question. He wasn't stopped from doing anything.

And this isn't just some random kid. ....this kid has three twitter accounts -- one is verified (blue check). This kid was on a mission and purposely created the storm.

Law enforcement & school admin were doing their job. Nobody was denied any rights.
If someone is legally doing something make sure you question them. "Show me your papers" right?

The problem is people like you who think others have to prove their innocence. We fought a Revolutionary War over garbage like that and don't you forget it.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:43 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Quote:
How can someone be “wrongfully questioned”? He wasn’t arrested or detained or abused. There’s no right not to be questioned.
He was questioned about exercising his 2nd amendment rights. Something wrong about that. Or do you prefer selective enforcement of some rights?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies