Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2018, 06:14 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Sure, since you asked...quit trying to pretend that you know so much about other people because seriously, you don't.

You will have to first show where I pretended to know this. I am simply making statements about observable facts . What you need to do is learn to read a little better, because seriously , you need to post better than this.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:17 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
I'm baffled by the number of benign threads c-d shuts down, while allowing a marathon food fight like this to go on for 30 pages.

Last edited by MPowering1; 05-02-2018 at 06:48 AM..

Old 05-02-2018, 06:43 AM

The sad part is that there ARE still real racists out there. But the term is so overused by folks like the OP that it has become almost meaningless in actuality. When everyone who disagrees with you is a "racist" , because that's the best way you can think of to demonize them , it cheapens the term and, sadly, gives cover to the real racists. I disregard almost all claims of "he's a racist" now because the term is thrown around so much. It is now "racist" to not want a fat person to flow over into a third of your seat if the fat person is black , and there are a ton of other over the top examples that are used every day by the left to try and demonize anyone not agreeing with them.

So now you see many people just like a poster not long ago shrugging their shoulders and saying " well OK, guess I am a racist then" , and not giving a crap about it further because they understand the term is now just a pejorative the other side uses because it used to strike fear into peoples hearts to be labeled such.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:45 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That said, the programs aren’t going anywhere, and blacks aren’t gonna come to the Republican Party in your lifetime. Perish the thought.
We are not looking for all black people to turn Republican, but to stop being monolith Democrat.

20% to 30% Republican will show that at least some fair assessment is being done at the voting booths instead of just automatically selecting D all the time.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:06 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
What do you need to gain control over people? You need an enemy to rally the people. Blacks were once the Democrat chosen enemy, but now white working Americans are Democrats chosen enemy.

An enemy for the left's tactic to work.... One would think that blacks being their target yesterday (slavery, Jim Crow etc) would not want anyone to be a target but obviously it's ok for them to practice what they once hated being done to them... vote Democrat!

Old 05-02-2018, 07:12 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
We are not looking for all black people to turn Republican, but to stop being monolith Democrat.
Is that what we are looking for? I kind of thought that at this point both sides have considered the 90% dem black vote to be baked in to the cake and something to be taken for granted. Isn't the whole problem for some people the fact that the political parties have been ignoring their needs?

As some have very aggressively and triumphantly noted in this thread, it's not up to whites to tell blacks how to vote. The flip side of that of course is that it's not up to blacks to decide how whites react to their voting patterns. The parties have mostly moved forward with their political strategies without giving them any real regard since their vote is not up for negotiation. The dems throw them just enough bones to keep them at heel and the reps mostly ignore them.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:05 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What do you need to gain control over people? You need an enemy to rally the people. Blacks were once the Democrat chosen enemy, but now white working Americans are Democrats chosen enemy.

An enemy for the left's tactic to work.... One would think that blacks being their target yesterday (slavery, Jim Crow etc) would not want anyone to be a target but obviously it's ok for them to practice what they once hated being done to them... vote Democrat!
The bolded is a bunch of B.S. I'm a white middle class working American and I'll never vote Republican because:

- Repub's want to take away the safety net
- Repub's want to keep private for profit healthcare and not allow single payer (aside from the VA, which probably makes them cringe that even that exists)
- Repub's want to keep drugs illegal
- Repub's want to ban abortion
- Repub's want to ban gay marriage
- Repub's in local municipal government's are generally against infill dense development and mass transit, and for more suburban sprawl and more roads

Why would I vote for that party again?

Old 05-02-2018, 08:08 AM

1,323 posts, read 588,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Oh please , get over yourself. No black conservative was forced into "getting along" within a "racist " conservative ideology. This is idiotic. They have an entire party eager and willing to enable their victimhood if they toe the line and behave. Its called the Democratic Party.Thomas, Powell, Rice, Carson, Cain , LL Cool J ,Sowell ,and many others ,all succeeded because they abandoned they victimhood mentality of the liberals.

And I never said there were no successful liberal blacks , so please either learn to process what you read better or simply post a little more honestly. I simply pointed out a number of successful blacks that choose to side with the ideology many liberals try to label racist. If the point in that is lost on you then ask a friend to explain it to you.

I focus on the subject of a thread. So save you breath trying to instruct me about what to focus on. I will continue to post on what I wish without the need for your permission.
You didn't write that there are no successful blacks, I never wrote you did, so you can put that fecal nugget back where you found it. I am however making it abundantly clear that the mantle of the great American success story doesn't solely reside within conservative circles as you can keep pounding down everyone's throats.

But go ahead, keep telling black people and liberals, in general, they have a victim mentality. That's the ticket that'll drive everyone in droves to vote Republican.

And yes, please, carry on. You're doing a splendid job changing hearts and minds.

Last edited by kajo13; 05-02-2018 at 08:25 AM..

Old 05-02-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
You didn't write that there are no successful blacks, I never wrote you did, so you can put that fecal nugget back where you found it. I am however making it abundantly clear that the mantle of the great American success story doesn't solely reside within conservative circles as you can keep pounding down everyone's throats.

But go ahead, keep telling black people and liberals, in general, they have a victim mentality. That's the ticket that'll drive everyone in droves to vote Republican.

And yes, please, carry on. You're doing a splendid job changing hearts and minds.

You wrote that for every successful conservative black I could name you could name a liberal one, followed by "so trite". If you don't fully grasp the English language and understand that implies I claim that one has to be a conservative black to be successful, then I suggest you brush up on basic English usage before continuing to make such posts. I can only go by what you write, not what you think you mean.

That many blacks have a victim mentality is shown every day, just like the fat woman complaining about American Airlines. And what are blacks and liberals going to go do, vote Dem because conservatives point out the truth?

Conservatives are searching for the strong minded minorities beginning to understand how they are being played, and how their continued victimhood is necessary to the party of victimhood.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:34 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What bill was tailored to black people?

All of that progressive legislation like the New Deal and Great Society was fashioned with white people in mind exclusively. It wouldn’t have passed otherwise.

I’ve read the speeches. You haven’t.
no kidding.. The southern democrats (now known as Republicans) wouldn't vote for the Social Security Act until they removed coverage for domestic and agricultural workers.
https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v70n4/v70n4p49.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies