Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 06:18 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
There are plenty of ways of getting around Dallas without tolls. I drive an average of 50 miles a day to various places, usually changes about every 6 months, and never pay tolls anywhere unless I am in a time crunch and have to take the fastest way. There is no law you have to drive the toll roads, its just an option if the time savings are worth the money to you.
Tell that to the people of Lockhart, TX; the only way in or out of town is now tolled
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 08:40 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Texas Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Texas

USA and Canada Current Average Gas Prices By City/State/Province - GasBuddy.com

San Francisco liberals are paying $74 for 20 gallons of gasoline while Texans at one gas station were paying less than $40

Looks like as of this morning that gas prices were as low as $1.99 in Texas

7 gas stations in Texas were below $2.30

7 gas stations were still below $2.30

California liberals though thanks to very high taxes for pensions for government workers and regulations was averaging $3.65 in LA and $3.70 in San Francisco
How is this political or controversial?

Old 04-29-2018, 08:43 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
How is this political or controversial?
Well, economic-political-budget polices directly effect taxation of goods and services. So I believe that it is warranted to talk about these issues....

Old 04-29-2018, 09:06 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Well, economic-political-budget polices directly effect taxation of goods and services. So I believe that it is warranted to talk about these issues....
This is not a taxation issue and is actually very complicated...not simply taxing at all. CA survives in many areas due to the control of pollution which carries a cost. Is all of it required and good? Of course not. Is all of it simply the run a way of the Liberal. of course not.

A complex matter being over simplified for political gain.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:09 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Um, look at the map. It's not a liberal vs conservative thing, it's ... mostly a west-of-the-Rockies thing:
USA National Gas Price Heat Map - GasBuddy.com

Even in Utah, Idaho and Nevada gas is expensive. Not as expensive as CA, but still expensive. And Colorado and Minnesota, which are two liberal states, are pretty cheap.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:14 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Texas Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Texas

USA and Canada Current Average Gas Prices By City/State/Province - GasBuddy.com

San Francisco liberals are paying $74 for 20 gallons of gasoline while Texans at one gas station were paying less than $40

Looks like as of this morning that gas prices were as low as $1.99 in Texas

7 gas stations in Texas were below $2.30

7 gas stations were still below $2.30

California liberals though thanks to very high taxes for pensions for government workers and regulations was averaging $3.65 in LA and $3.70 in San Francisco
But remember San Francisco is a dense city where people don't drive as much. Instead they take the metro where junkies shoot up, vomit, and defecate on a daily basis.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:43 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
According to the Census bureau: Roughly $3,500 more per-capita in California compared to Texas

But no state income tax, lower sales taxes. Sales taxes are around 8 cents in Texas compared to 10.25% in Long Beach CA

Median household income: $63,000 in California and $54,000 in Texas.

Per-Capita income: $31,458 in California and $27,828 in Texas

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...X,US/PST045217
Yes you are right -- I did quote Silicon Valley household income.....my apologies.

I know you hate California. I think you are a little obsessed with it.

I don't live there, don't want to.
I don't live in Texas and don't want to.
I don't care if others choose to live in either place.

I'm so happy where I am, I can't be bothered spending hours trying to trash other places.

I hope one day you can find the same joy.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:27 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Doesn't seem to be working much as they have 8 out of the 10 most polluted metropolitan areas in America in California.

Very, very dirty air in much the state. They can excuse it as much as they want but the state absolutely owns the most polluted city in America's list.

Whenever I am in California, I noticed lots of people where masks in public from the pollution and constant illnesses circulating.

Lots of "guests" as they call them driving around in old clunkers. I always wonder if California is so concerned about air quality why is the state full of mega-commuters driving hours to work and back, lots and lots of pickup trucks and cars with out of country plates also that likely have gone through emissions testing.

Not only that people in general aren't receptive to public transit in California, so people love to drive long-distances with that $3.70 a gallon gasoline they are paying compared to the many gas stations in Texas and Oklahoma offering less than $2.30 gallon gasoline.
Infectious disease rates by state (lower ranking having less infectious diseases.)
Texas- #41
California- #11

https://weather.com/health/cold-flu/...s-20131218#/41
https://weather.com/health/cold-flu/...s-20131218#/11

Cancer rate Texas- 410.5 / per 100,000
Cancer rate California- 409.17 / per 100,000

https://www.cancer-rates.info/tx/
https://www.cancer-rates.info/ca/

Texas life expectancy- 78.45 years
California life expectancy- 80.77 years

Texas Life Expectancy
California Life Expectancy

California has lower infectious disease rates than Texas, lower cancer rates than Texas, and people in California live on average over 2 years longer than people in Texas.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:58 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Welp...

In this part of "Republican Texas," gas was $2.09 for a long time.

Now, it's $2.79 and it's the same at every station in the area. And it isn't even summer yet.

Thanks tRump!

Trump controls the price of gasoline?

Old 04-30-2018, 12:59 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Infectious disease rates by state (lower ranking having less infectious diseases.)
Texas- #41
California- #11

https://weather.com/health/cold-flu/...s-20131218#/41
https://weather.com/health/cold-flu/...s-20131218#/11

Cancer rate Texas- 410.5 / per 100,000
Cancer rate California- 409.17 / per 100,000

https://www.cancer-rates.info/tx/
https://www.cancer-rates.info/ca/

Texas life expectancy- 78.45 years
California life expectancy- 80.77 years

Texas Life Expectancy
California Life Expectancy

California has lower infectious disease rates than Texas, lower cancer rates than Texas, and people in California live on average over 2 years longer than people in Texas.
Higher taxes in California better pay off somehow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies