Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 07:34 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Maybe he's lying.
Maybe??

Old 06-15-2018, 07:36 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
I seriously wanted to vomit watching Trump allegedly answering questions this morning. I'm not sure a single word came out of his mouth that was not a lie.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:38 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Maybe he's lying.
With Trump it could be both.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:05 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I seriously wanted to vomit watching Trump allegedly answering questions this morning. I'm not sure a single word came out of his mouth that was not a lie.

I heard here at work that during that interview this morning our President expressed admiration for how, when Supreme Leader Kim speaks, 'his people' 'sit up and listen', with Mr. Trump then stating something like how he wants 'my people' to do the same.

Is that the substance of what he actually said?

Old 06-15-2018, 08:14 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
He has said more than one “joke” about doing/wanting things that a dictator would have...prez for life, us all snapping to attention, etc. Gah.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:18 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I heard here at work that during that interview this morning our President expressed admiration for how, when Supreme Leader Kim speaks, 'his people' 'sit up and listen', with Mr. Trump then stating something like how he wants 'my people' to do the same.

No, that's not the substance of what he said. It's almost a direct quote.

Quote:
"Don’t let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same," Trump said.

It wasn't clear what Trump meant by "his people" and "my people," phrasings that could be interpreted to mean all North Koreans and Americans but that could also mean those people reporting directly to the two leaders.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...eans-listen-to

They are now trying to claim it was humorous and tongue-in-cheek but that's what they always do when he crosses the line like this. No one who has been watching him for the past year and a half is the slightest bit surprised that he made his desire to be an autocrat clear.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:25 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

Yes. And like I'm going to sit up and listen every time this narcissistic, senile old fool opens his mouth and starts lying and ranting a bunch of nonsense. What a clown.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:01 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Ok everybody, sit up and pay attention (did Trump really think that those around Supreme Leader Kim lay about when he is in the room?):

CNN is reporting, via anonymous sources of course, that Michael Cohen is now open to cooperating with the investigations:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/polit...ors/index.html

The tenor of the piece is that Mr. Cohen feels he is being abandoned by Trump and Company, and so he must look out for himself. It is a bit of unexpected wisdom, if true, by The Fixer.

Back in 2016, when Mr. Trump was a candidate, I had expressed the opinion that Donald John Trump was very loyal to those around him. As time went by, I realized I only held that opinion because The Donald would frequently express how loyal he was to 'his people'.

I now realize (and have for a while) that Mr. Trump is not loyal to anyone but himself, and perhaps three of his five children.

Anyway, should Mr. Cohen 'sing', he may spell trouble for Mr. Trump. Of course, given all the evidence the FBI obtained from their search warrant, it may be too late for Mr. Cohen to cooperate.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:55 AM

26,585 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I seriously wanted to vomit watching Trump allegedly answering questions this morning..

“Like, Manafort has nothing to do with our campaign. … Paul Manafort worked for me for a very short period of time. … He worked for me, what, for 49 days or something?”

-Donald J Trump

the "official" amount was 3x that, 144days, but according to manafort's own daughter ( in a series of hacked text messages ) manafort continued to run the campaign even after announcing to the press that he'd stepped down.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:02 AM

26,585 posts, read 14,449,955 times
“Let’s not talk about it. You know what that is? It’s irrelevant. It’s a statement to the New York Times — the phony, failing New York Times. That’s not a statement to a high tribunal of judges. That’s a statement to the phony New York Times.”

trump's response this morning when called out on his lie that the trump tower/russia meeting was about "adoption".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies