Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 11:18 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizdum View Post
Lying POTUS thread?! A bit old but I'll join in... YES Obama lied numerous times. "You can keep your doctor and healthplan etc...", "Fast and Furious began under Bush", "For the 1st time since 1990, American manufacturers are creating jobs"....too many to write just look here: All False statements involving Barack Obama | PolitiFact

You must *really* hate Trump then. According to your source, Trump lies at a rate of 18 times more than Obama did.
All False statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact

Old 05-19-2018, 05:39 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Surely, you JEST!!! That link provides FOUR pages of lies during Obama's entire EIGHT YEAR TERM,

whereas that same site, for Trump, as of today provides NINE pages in ONLY 1.33 years.

All False statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact

If Trump continues at that pace, over an eight-year period, Trump's total pages on Politifact will equal
54 pages of lies for Trump v. 4 for Obama.
Clearly Trump is a SUPER PINOCCHIO. The LIAR of ALL LIARS.

I've called you out on this misrepresentation before. But, by all means keep up the lying - since there is no good truth to tell about Trump.

Talk about the BURNED CAULDRON calling the teakettle black.
I will surprised if you get responded to. Great post!

Old 05-19-2018, 09:40 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Looks like Kusner Building to be bailed out by Qatar. Quid Pro Quo anyone.

Kushner still an employee and this sure looks bad. kind of like a bribe.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:52 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

Qatar?

The Qatar that Trump supported the travel embargo against after they declined to bail out Kushner's real estate deal the last time?

The Qatar that paid big bucks to Cohen?

The Qatar that Cohen's attorney Ryan is also a lobbyist for?

That Qatar?

Old 05-19-2018, 10:15 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

I get you & agree. This is the thing though ~ will it matter? After all, the following contains a link to a searchable database which is updated. Most of the Trump family's many conflicts of interest were present from day 1. Contrary to many 'promises' to deal with the many conflicts, he & they have done nothing.

Quote:
Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest

Sunlight’s “Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest” project presents a comprehensive, free, searchable database detailing all of President Donald J.Trump’s known business dealings and personal interests that may conflict with his public duties as president of the United States. Read our reporting to stay current on related news, learn more about conflicts of interest at every level of government and search our database. If you’re familiar with any of the conflicts we’re tracking you can email us or contact us here to contribute to the project.
https://sunlightfoundation.com/track...s-of-interest/

Database:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...XAAZ8/htmlview

It's sometimes said, 'voters have short memories'. Apparently some folks simply do not care about the conflicts of interest. Even when leading to quid pro quo scenarios.

(Am I just stating the obvious?)

Old 05-19-2018, 10:43 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I get you & agree. This is the thing though ~ will it matter? After all, the following contains a link to a searchable database which is updated. Most of the Trump family's many conflicts of interest were present from day 1. Contrary to many 'promises' to deal with the many conflicts, he & they have done nothing.

https://sunlightfoundation.com/track...s-of-interest/

Database:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...XAAZ8/htmlview

It's sometimes said, 'voters have short memories'. Apparently some folks simply do not care about the conflicts of interest. Even when leading to quid pro quo scenarios.

(Am I just stating the obvious?)
Selective amnesia.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:04 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Selective amnesia.
I think confirmation, or 'my-side' bias is a phenomenon here & elsewhere, although some of this seems to have reached 'next-level' realms.

(Hearkens back to Mr. Trump's clairvoyant "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue & shoot somebody & I wouldn’t lose voters".

It's creepy.)

Old 05-19-2018, 12:58 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I think confirmation, or 'my-side' bias is a phenomenon here & elsewhere, although some of this seems to have reached 'next-level' realms.

(Hearkens back to Mr. Trump's clairvoyant "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue & shoot somebody & I wouldn’t lose voters".

It's creepy.)
Who with sound mind would even “think” to say something like that in public (along with other stupid comments)? It truly paints a picture of just what we have allowed in the WH.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:00 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,886,517 times
We still have a swamp in Washington and the sewer has backed up and stinking worse in the WH. Thanks for making America great again.......................

Old 05-19-2018, 02:03 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Trump Jr. and Other Aides Met With Gulf Emissary Offering Help to Win Election

No coincidence his first trip was to Saudi Arabia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies