Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2018, 07:03 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

Descendant Of Pocahontas Not Offended By Trump Use of "Pocahontas".

Warren should take the DNA test.

Apparently the descendent is buying into the lefts PC nonsense.

Pocahontas Descendant Not Offended By Trump | The Daily Caller

It turns out that an actual descendant of Pocahontas does not take any offense to President Donald Trump jokingly referring to Elizabeth Warren as “Pocahontas.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 08:06 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Yeah, you really have your priorities straight. With all that's going on, you want to spend time wondering about whether she has some infinitesimal traces of various ethnicities?

Old 05-01-2018, 08:13 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
““If Pocahontas were alive today, she would be very proud of President Trump,” Porreco said. “Just like Pocahontas was a heroine, Donald Trump is going to be our hero.””

MAGA

Old 05-01-2018, 08:18 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Yeah, you really have your priorities straight. With all that's going on, you want to spend time wondering about whether she has some infinitesimal traces of various ethnicities?
Wasn't that Sen. Warren's claim too ? Why the selective objection ?

One grew up on a reservation with native blood and one didn't. Have you figured out which one is which ?

Old 05-01-2018, 09:45 PM

2,448 posts, read 894,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Her habit of telling bald-faced lies should concern anyone, even the partisans. Her attempt to join in on the #MeToo attention should be added to this. I'm a Democrat, yet as soon as I read her account, my first reaction was that it is a transparent BS story. It's good to see some folks have taken the time to deconstruct that one, too.

My strong hunch is that if Trump or any other member of the opposing tribe lied about his ancestry to try to curry favor with a particular voting bloc and also concocted a story about being sexually assaulted to reap the benefits of a modern witch hunt, you'd probably think it noteworthy.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that there are numerous other whoppers she's peddled over the years. That's the thing: once you start lying and no one calls you on it, you'll continue to lie and concoct even bigger fibs because you assume no one will be the wiser. Honestly, I think she's taken a near-fatal blow on this in terms of higher political aspirations. She'd get killed in a presidential general election. I hope the Dems aren't stupid enough to nominate her, particularly following Hillary.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:18 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Wasn't that Sen. Warren's claim too ? Why the selective objection ?

One grew up on a reservation with native blood and one didn't. Have you figured out which one is which ?
It's irrelevant. Do you think there's even the tiniest factor of her ancestry that has anything to do with her popularity? Warren is in a wonderful position - she owes none of her popularity to her looks, or charm, or pandering. It's all due to her opinions and her politics.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:26 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,903,577 times
There are thousands of Pocahontas descendants, many of them rather aristocratic Virginias whose other ancestral lines date back to colonial days (as of course, does the Pocahontas line).

Pocahontas married Virginia Colonist John Rolfe - had one child, a son, and died sadly young, of disease, while living in England, where she is buried.

However - one of that child's descendants married Thomas Jefferson's daughter Martha, and they had LOTS of kids, who in turn, went forth and multiplied. Resulting in many proud Virginians (and others) who can rightfully claim descent from both Pocahontas - AND Thomas Jefferson.

I have no idea if Elizabeth Warren is one of these descendants or not, but Trump's habitual use of "Pocahontas" as a childish name-calling insult appears to reveal his lack of knowledge of Early American and Colonial history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies