Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 03:45 PM

81 posts, read 180,083 times

Advertisements

The "native" black American population appears to have been stagnant for decades (percentage wise) with no sign of change anytime soon, hoovering around 12-14% for about a century. The Caribbean islands (Haiti, Jamaica etc) don't have populations that are large or fast growing, so immigration from there won't cause a real big uptick in US black percentage, unless there is a mass migration and whole countries relocate to the US which is highly unlikely. Black/mixed Latinos from the Spanish Caribbean (Cuba, DR/PR) identify as mixed or white as they follow the opposite of the US one drop rule, one drop of white and you white, really Latino isnt a race and most should be characterized as mixed race under the census cuz thats what they are, but that's a whole nother topic.

So now on to Africa, Africa has the fastest growing population of all 7 continents, and most of the world's fastest growing countries are in Sub Saharan Africa. In fact, the most populous country in Africa, Nigeria now has 130 million people and is projected to have about 300 million by 2050 , just about 30 years away.

The US experienced its surge of Latin American immigration in the 1950s-90s, and Asian immigration in the 2000s and 2010s. But aside from the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade 400 yrs ago, the US has yet to experience a large scale modern-day African immigration, but it's coming. There are now about 1 million Africans in the US, mainly from countries like Nigeria, Senegal, Somalia, and Egypt, and many come to states like Maryland and Texas among others.

Some estimates say that the black percentage will largely stay at 13% by 2050, while Latinos and Asians grow percentage wise. But I dont think they factored in the fact Africa's super fast growing population. What do everyone else think?

Old 05-01-2018, 03:50 PM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
As a black man, once we stop shooting eachother or getting abortions, perhaps the "native" black American population will get over that hump of 13%.

As far as African immigrants, considering Trump's new travel ban includes some African countries, it's not looking too good for them as well.

Largely the black population will still stay around 13% for the foreseeable future until we can solve the self-inflicted issues above.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:02 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
As a black man, once we stop shooting eachother or getting abortions, perhaps the "native" black American population will get over that hump of 13%.

As far as African immigrants, considering Trump's new travel ban includes some African countries, it's not looking too good for them as well.

Largely the black population will still stay around 13% for the foreseeable future until we can solve the self-inflicted issues above.
Completely agree.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:29 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Each uptick in percentage is a drop in percentage for another group. So, why would it be desired or necessary to encourage an increase in the AA percentage? Moreover, I thought Black people were mostly liberal and thus uninterested in most racial metrics?

Old 05-01-2018, 04:32 PM

28,678 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Each uptick in percentage is a drop in percentage for another group. So, why would it be desired or necessary to encourage an increase in the AA percentage? Moreover, I thought Black people were mostly liberal and thus uninterested in most racial metrics?
I had to check the web address to make sure I hadn't inadvertently stumbled onto Stormfront.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCaribenoEast View Post
The "native" black American population appears to have been stagnant for decades (percentage wise) with no sign of change anytime soon, hoovering around 12-14% for about a century. The Caribbean islands (Haiti, Jamaica etc) don't have populations that are large or fast growing, so immigration from there won't cause a real big uptick in US black percentage, unless there is a mass migration and whole countries relocate to the US which is highly unlikely. Black/mixed Latinos from the Spanish Caribbean (Cuba, DR/PR) identify as mixed or white as they follow the opposite of the US one drop rule, one drop of white and you white, really Latino isnt a race and most should be characterized as mixed race under the census cuz thats what they are, but that's a whole nother topic.

So now on to Africa, Africa has the fastest growing population of all 7 continents, and most of the world's fastest growing countries are in Sub Saharan Africa. In fact, the most populous country in Africa, Nigeria now has 130 million people and is projected to have about 300 million by 2050 , just about 30 years away.

The US experienced its surge of Latin American immigration in the 1950s-90s, and Asian immigration in the 2000s and 2010s. But aside from the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade 400 yrs ago, the US has yet to experience a large scale modern-day African immigration, but it's coming. There are now about 1 million Africans in the US, mainly from countries like Nigeria, Senegal, Somalia, and Egypt, and many come to states like Maryland and Texas among others.

Some estimates say that the black percentage will largely stay at 13% by 2050, while Latinos and Asians grow percentage wise. But I dont think they factored in the fact Africa's super fast growing population. What do everyone else think?
Immigration quotas.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:37 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I had to check the web address to make sure I hadn't inadvertently stumbled onto Stormfront.
For me or the OP? Are you sure that you didn't miss the support site for intellectual retards who enjoy relying on fifteen year old outdated cop-outs in place of arguments?

If white people are "nazis" for wanting an increase in racial percentage, then wouldn't the same hold true for Black people? Of course, I didn't go there. You did, and probably fatally derailed a thread with a lazy attack only about five posts in.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:41 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Immigration quotas.
What's the quota for illegals?

Old 05-01-2018, 05:03 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Debate the topic on merits, or troll. Or, cease to post. I have no opinion on this question, but would like to some discussion.

Quote:

Old 05-01-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What's the quota for illegals?
It's a lot harder to paddle across the Atlantic than across the Rio Grande. Are you asserting that there is any significant percentage of illegal African immigrants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies