Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2018, 07:24 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Unless you have evidence they actually did you have just sheer speculation there.
Whats your point? His democratic opponent used dishonesty and manipulated a draft board official to avoid serving in Vietnam. You dont have a problem with that?
No, I don't have any evidence that Trump's family pulled any strings but if you believe Trump's own account (and this is one of the few times where I believe that Trump is actually telling the truth), that his personal physician provided him with a letter for the draft board, then a little string pulling seems likely. In any event, the fact that he was able to get a deferment on the basis of a letter from his personal physician indicates special treatment not available to the typical recruit (i.e. non-rich). And as for Trump's democratic opponent manipulating the draft board to keep out of Vietnam, that would be Hilary Clinton, who, as a woman, was not eligible for the draft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 07:55 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
If you want to hold someone accountable for what you think they have done do it legally.
Prove it with evidence and charge them with a crime. If all you have to offer to the court is what you think
don't be surprised when you hear case dismissed.

You say, "What knowledge did you have of any outreach by your campaign including Paul Manafort to Russia about potential assistance to the campaign. Rick Gates is cooperating with Mueller. Mueller knows the answer."

Mueller knows Rick Gates's answer. That's all he knows if anything. If Mueller wants to believe Rick Gates after he hears Trumps answer ( if its true or not ) to the question then he can charge Trump with perjury based on nothing but his judgement. Trump interviewed Mueller for a job and turned him down for that job. No attorney would subject a client to that inquiry if it can be prevented. The appointment of Mueller is a conflict of interest. If he had any integrity he wouldn't have accepted the appointment the day after he was turned down for the job to be head of the FBI.

Do you think a seasoned prosecutor like Mueller will just take Gates word for it? Or do you think that Mueller and his team researched and corroborated what Gates told them? You have to understand how a grand jury works. Grand juries are typically made up of 23 members. The majority have to vote in favor of prosecution to issue an indictment. Sometimes grand juries are smaller and require a two thirds vote or more for an indictment to be issued. Mueller and his team collect the evidence and present it to a grand jury for evaluation.

Mueller has emails and over a million documents. Black and white doesn't lie. Mueller also has all of the transition emails from team Trump and all of the electronic devises from Trump's personal attorney. If this isn't a huge red flag for you then what will it take? This isn't a witch hunt, it's some of the finest intelligence by the most top notch team on the planet. We will know the truth.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:03 AM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Good..... then you won't mind not being blamed for it.

So what is supposed to happen today in the courts ?
My mistake nothing scheduled for today, probably up to Mueller and Rosenstein at this point. Trial in Alexandria planned to begin July 10.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:03 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Would Guiliani have spent the last week hitting EVERY possible media outlet trying to muddy the waters if there was nothing to all of this?

I don't get it - -if there is nothing there, if there is nothing to worry about -- why all the defensive strategy from Trump and his legal team.

Innocent is innocent -- that's that.
This notion that innocent people have nothing to worry about cracks me up. It's so divorced from reality, I think you're pulling our collective legs.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:47 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Do you think a seasoned prosecutor like Mueller will just take Gates word for it? Or do you think that Mueller and his team researched and corroborated what Gates told them? You have to understand how a grand jury works. Grand juries are typically made up of 23 members. The majority have to vote in favor of prosecution to issue an indictment. Sometimes grand juries are smaller and require a two thirds vote or more for an indictment to be issued. Mueller and his team collect the evidence and present it to a grand jury for evaluation.

Mueller has emails and over a million documents. Black and white doesn't lie. Mueller also has all of the transition emails from team Trump and all of the electronic devises from Trump's personal attorney. If this isn't a huge red flag for you then what will it take? This isn't a witch hunt, it's some of the finest intelligence by the most top notch team on the planet. We will know the truth.
"Or do you think that Mueller and his team researched and corroborated what Gates told them?"

Do you mean ALL hillary supporters who donated to her campaign?

It uses to be"even the APPEARANCE of partiality was enough to deny someone to hold such important positions were NOT chosen to serve on such teams.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:56 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
You have to understand how a grand jury works.
I'll explain it to you so others aren't mislead too but first I'll respond to your questions .

1)Yes, but after he ask Trump so he can charge him with perjury if there is the slightest difference.

2) If Mueller & team have the research and corroborated evidence then the GJ can issue an indictment without Trump's testimony. Charge him with a crime. Take that evidence to the grand jury and let them do their job like they do in any other criminal case.
Why don't they do that ?
Mueller is trying to abuse the constitution and use the GJ for impeachment.
Its Mueller's only hope and reason to subpoena Trump as witness but he has a problem. He needs a crime to investigate and make a charge or indictment.

Quote:
We will know the truth.Mueller has emails and over a million documents. Black and white doesn't lie. Mueller also has all of the transition emails from team Trump and all of the electronic devises from Trump's personal attorney. If this isn't a huge red flag for you then what will it take? This isn't a witch hunt, it's some of the finest intelligence by the most top notch team on the planet.
You must be taking about some other planet because it sure isn't planet earth.

So how a GJ works. Listen up or read my lips.

The GJ is convened by government. Normally by a prosecutor. In this case Mueller. The wittiness and/or accused has no right to representation or interfere in any way. Its instigation and deliberation is secret. ( Fits right in with Mueller's secret police tactics kicking in doors and secret authority)

The grand jury has two main functions.
1) its part of the investigation body of the legal system. It investigates potential criminal conduct.
2) it determines whether criminal charges should be brought based on the evidence brought before it. The GJ may accuse upon their own knowledge. ( likely where this saying comes from; "a GJ can indict a ham sandwich")

The bigger the GJ the better the chance for an indictment. Its usually composed of 16 to 23 citizens and takes 12 in agreement to bring an indictment. They need a crime to make an indictment. If someone is investigated it has to be based on a crime and the recommendation is indictment of a crime. The indictment describing the offense is in written statement of the GJ. The GJ foreman signs the bill of indictment "a true bill" if they find in deliberation the accusation made to be true.
In found not true the foreman writes the word "ignoramus" and that's where I leave you having a better understanding of a GJ.
Who knew the word "ignoramus" was a legal term ? Case closed

Last edited by phma; 05-07-2018 at 11:17 AM..

Old 05-07-2018, 12:17 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Speculative, LOL! It's a freaking quote by TRUMP!!!!

So tell us, what was your bone spur examination like?

Unless you can give credible references to back up your claim that Trump was DIAGNOSED for bone spurs by military doctors, you are simply lying and nothing more.
Trump does not have bone spurs. *I* have bone spurs. Im in my late 40's, and mine are so bad that if I tried standing every day giving speeches as Trump did during his campaign...I would not be bale to walk off those stages without crippling pain.

I joined the military when I was 17. They get worse as you age. Trump does not have bone spurs. When he was asked which foot he had them in? He did not know. Yeah...if you have them you know which foot or feet.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:24 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Trump does not have bone spurs. *I* have bone spurs. Im in my late 40's, and mine are so bad that if I tried standing every day giving speeches as Trump did during his campaign...I would not be bale to walk off those stages without crippling pain.

I joined the military when I was 17. They get worse as you age. Trump does not have bone spurs. When he was asked which foot he had them in? He did not know. Yeah...if you have them you know which foot or feet.
What a stupid distractions to the topic.
The only thing anyone ever needed for deferment was a good BS story. The end.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:41 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
What a stupid distractions to the topic.
The only thing anyone ever needed for deferment was a good BS story. The end.
You mean, Trump LIED!?

Old 05-07-2018, 05:41 PM

3,786 posts, read 5,331,294 times
Finally, a judge with the courage to call the Mueller witch hunt what it is, a witch hunt.

On Friday morning, a federal judge accused Mueller’s team of weaponizing its prosecutorial authority in an effort to take down Donald Trump. U.S. District Judge T. S. Ellis III suggested the special counsel’s case against Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign manager, is “about what information Mr. Manafort can give you to lead you to Mr. Trump and an impeachment. President Trump’s prosecution or impeachment—that’s what you’re really after.”

https://amgreatness.com/2018/05/04/j...m-for-mueller/

Mueller has expanded the original scope of the investigation and for sure the DEMentia machine, funded by Soros and the Clinton cartel are behind it. Perhaps Mueller wants to hang on until his pension kicks in, or maybe he fears the Hillary hit squad, but it is time for this farce to be shut down.

And when the judge asked Mueller's team for the AG memo that expanded Mueller's role, they gave him one that was 75% redacted! The Deep State -firmly in the hands of DEMentia- at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies