Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2018, 06:22 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I thought Trump said he was gong to fix Chicago.
Rohm and Obama fixed Chicago and even declared it a place of safety where sanctuary may be sought.
Another sanctuary city that does not appear on BLM's gps, radar or folding maps.

The accumulated death toll under Obama, rhom apparently not high enough for them to take action.

Chicago mayor warns Trump against deploying troops |

politics comes into play to trump the offer of help from the feds.....

"On Wednesday, a Chicago Democrat, Rep. Luis Gutierrez, came to Emanuel’s defense. “The president wants publicity and to be seen beating up on Democratic elected officials and appearing hostile to a big city like Chicago in the eyes of his suburban and rural voters,”".

So Chicago pols rally against anything Trump, because he makes them look bad by citing their uncontrolled murder rate.

While B on B murders continue, Chicago and the feds are tied up in court suing for police reforms. A definite case of misdirected energy.

Why do the democrats in Chicago have no problem with the death toll continuing and instead chase the very rare questionable police shooting.

Why do murders in places like Detroit and Chicago go unsolved in an estimated 90% plus, cases.

Chicago is barking up the wrong tree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 06:39 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Why aren't students walking out on school time to protest this? Because the school districts, schools, and teachers are controlled by Teachers Unions like the AFT, and NEA, and it doesn't fit their agenda to disarm the law abiding. Plus, the Media, and the Democrats won't support it for the same reasons.

It isn't about stopping violence, and murder where criminals use a gun. It is to punish the law abiding gun owner.

Last edited by Pilot1; 05-07-2018 at 07:32 AM..

Old 05-07-2018, 06:40 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
and all the leadership is concerned about is getting illegal aliens drivers licenses and the right to vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...her/577876002/

The left is doing an excellent job of keeping their Democrat controlled cities safe.

I can understand why Chicago native Kanye West is now a conservative.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:35 AM

264 posts, read 239,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Everyone of your posts argue it's not a problem of people who vote Democrat but cities that are either heavily white or heavily black. In general, White majority do not have the problem Black majority cities have?

Blacks killing blacks appears to be the main problem in the US which are still heavily Democrat run cities. Are white Democrat Politicians more honest and do a better job than Black Democrat Politicians?

Yes and there are exceptions like Atlanta and Cedar Hill TX.
You are clearly out of the loop if you actually believe the main problem in the U.S. is black people killing black people.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:40 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
The majority of murders are black on black.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-07-2018 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 05-07-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The majority of murders are black on black.
The VAST majority is Black on Black, yet the Politicians, Media, Education, do nothing about it. This huge problem is accepted by these people because they simply don't care about criminals killing each other, and innocents that get in their way. There is also an element of racism to it. Part of it is city politicians don't want to alienate their Black voting base, and a "tough on violent crime" campaign would largely do that, as the police are seen as the enemy.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:29 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"especially men,"

A sexist comment!
It is well noted that alot of men do not seek out mental health resources. A mentality of "I have to toughen up. I can't show any weakness". I am talking about this in terms of the inner city ghettos and the problems that exist there.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:38 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It is well noted that alot of men do not seek out mental health resources. A mentality of "I have to toughen up. I can't show any weakness". I am talking about this in terms of the inner city ghettos and the problems that exist there.
Especially true in the Hispanic community also. they are well known for their Macho mentality.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:44 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The VAST majority is Black on Black, yet the Politicians, Media, Education, do nothing about it. This huge problem is accepted by these people because they simply don't care about criminals killing each other, and innocents that get in their way. There is also an element of racism to it. Part of it is city politicians don't want to alienate their Black voting base, and a "tough on violent crime" campaign would largely do that, as the police are seen as the enemy.
Black on Black murder has been taking place for years. As long as Black men are being murdered, it gets a weary shrug. Some people view it from this perspective: "I'm not Black, and I don't live in a Black neighborhood, and those Black people are savages anyway, so let them lose their souls". I'm not talking about the politician in this case.

Politicians have enacted "get tough of crime" laws. It has led to high incarceration rates. Illinois has the "3 Strikes Law". Chicago still has issues with murder. Tennessee has 3 Strikes Law too. Hasn't stopped Memphis from being a violent city. BTW, Memphis has always been one of the most violent cities in the USA. There are problems that even laws cannot solve.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Black on Black murder has been taking place for years. As long as Black men are being murdered, it gets a weary shrug. Some people view it from this perspective: "I'm not Black, and I don't live in a Black neighborhood, and those Black people are savages anyway, so let them lose their souls". I'm not talking about the politician in this case.
The politicians have shrugged also, not just the non-Black populace. The truth is the Black community does not want their sons, brothers, cousins, etc incarcerated, and punished for crime. It is a fact. Listen to interviews of family members after these thugs get shot, and killed robbing a store, or home using a gun. "He was a good boy. He didn't deserve to die. It wasn't his fault." Etc, etc.

Quote:
Politicians have enacted "get tough of crime" laws. It has led to high incarceration rates. Illinois has the "3 Strikes Law". Chicago still has issues with murder. Tennessee has 3 Strikes Law too. Hasn't stopped Memphis from being a violent city. BTW, Memphis has always been one of the most violent cities in the USA. There are problems that even laws cannot solve.
The DA's in large cities, just want conviction numbers. Therefore, they cut plea deals, lessen the sentences, and these criminals are back out the street, often with little, or now jail time. That is why there are so many repeat offenders, and criminals with very long records of Felonies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies