Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 08:50 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Since I guess my point was too subtle, I shall expand.

It seems rather unseemly for the President of the United States to thank a dictator for releasing Americans wrongly held.

I imagine that the media in North Korea has blaring headlines about how the President of the United States thanked Leader Kim for releasing these three men.

I think that President Trump should have said something like:

"As for the release of these three wrongly detained Americans, the North Korea leader recognized that the United States of America would have refused to meet with North Korea so long as these Americans were being detained in prison. By releasing these three men, Leader Kim has taken a positive step that allows our two countries to move forward towards negotiating a peaceful solution to the Korean Peninsula problem".

You see, by 'thanking' Kim, President Trump is acting like Kim, out of a position of strength, did him a favor. My statement would have placed the USA in a position of strength: if Kim did not release the Americans, there would be no summit.
Sure, that makes a lot of sense. Just slap Kim across the face and ruin any chance of further peace negotiations when Kim just made a very public attempt at showing good will. Trump is smart enough to play nice right now under the circumstances. You should be applauding him for having restraint in saying anything that will give Kim an excuse for calling off the meeting in Singapore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 09:00 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,069 times
There is something seriously wrong with the leftists on this thread.

First when KIm and Trump were trading insults - the leftists rebuked Trump and said instead of insulting a country's leader, Trump should have been polite and meet him and have talks.

When Kim's missiles were flying over Japan they brayed that we should meet and have talks with him instead of trying to find ways to retaliate.

and now that Trump is going to try and negotiate with Kim all of a sudden Trump should not have talks with him but instead only apply sanctions and ignore him. As it it worked during the previous 8 years with Obama.

The dotard is not in the white house but are in plenty on this thread.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:08 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post

First when KIm and Trump were trading insults - the leftists rebuked Trump and said instead of insulting a country's leader, Trump should have been polite and meet him and have talks.

When Kim's missiles were flying over Japan they brayed that we should meet and have talks with him instead of trying to find ways to retaliate.

and now that Trump is going to try and negotiate with Kim all of a sudden Trump should not have talks with him but instead only apply sanctions and ignore him. As it it worked during the previous 8 years with Obama.

And then if Trump says the slightest thing wrong or aggressive right now, it's "see how stupid he is, he had peace in his hands and threw it away".
The libs are just off the deep end because the man they hate so much might actually succeed in doing something no other President has even come close to doing as far as North Korea goes.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:27 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
In your ideal Trumpian world, where tRump is a stable genius and other world leaders are clueless lumps who he can easily manipulate, your scenario would probably be accurate.

I have serious doubts that:

1) tRump is anything other than an impulsive lout with a very short attention span

2) Xi and Putin don't use NK as their pitbull to irritate and threaten the US, Japan and SK

3) Lil' Fat Kim is as stupid as Trumplings want to frame him

Let's see if tRump and his team of "the best people in the world" REALLY come up with an astounding breakthrough on the Korean peninsula.

I'm betting that we'll just see another episode in the continuing saga of Norks behaving badly.

But, we'll see.

It'll be interesting to watch developments.

More fart and no turd from the never Trump crowd.

3 American Hostages came home last night. Not in body bags either.
Guess that doesn't sit well.

Oh the norks have the capability to hit as far away as Denver! The sky is falling ya'll!
What's that? No duck and cover drills in Denver or California? No ICBM inbound? No million Norks strong red dawn paratroopers invading mainland USA?

It isn't that he's a stable genius. More so the fact that he pushed Kim into a no win situation by provoking him. The old saying, never interrupt your adversary while they make a mistake...
Again. I'd have done the very same thing.

Admit it. He played Un like a fiddle and got the feeble lemmings terrified of an impending nuclear war.

You should give Trump a little more credit.

What would Bush or Barry have done?
Barry would have sent millions/billions aboard an unmarked plane to get those Hostages back or get them back in body bags.
Bush would have rallied congress and declared legitimate war for having WMDS. Cheney would have dispatched Haliburton over there too.
The beast? What would she have done? Twas her hubby that handed them centrifuges on a silver platter, was it not? That didn't age well...

You really think Trump will sincerely say with a straight face and mean it that Kim is a good man just misunderstood and have him in the rose garden sipping Arnold Palmers to wind up with Lil Kim giggling as he plots a strike the moment he returns to the Peninsula?
Gee... when you collapse your own nuke testing facility, you're at Einstein levels of genius. More cunning than a fox. He surely will pull the wool over Trump's and everyone else's eyes this time...
You guys are funny.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
If he does, will you give him enough credit that you'll stop spelling his name in an insulting manner?
Of course not!

This NK thing is a mere pimple compared to the carbuncle of his administration's foibles.

I'll give him credit when and if it's due for a nuclear free Korea, but don't expect me to become a fellow Trumpling.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:40 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post

The leftards are going to hate Trump no matter what he does. Which is pretty dumb because it takes away any influence they may have had since Trump knows it is impossible to appease them there is no pint in even trying.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:58 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Not long ago, Kim Jong Un (of NK) was proclaiming he would rain fire and destruction on the United States and its allies.

Now he is suddenly announcing he will de-nuclearize all of North Korea, releasing the political prisoners back to the U.S., etc.

Did he:

1.) Suddenly have a change of heart and realize the things he was doing were bad, and being the good-hearted and compassionate person that he is, decided it was time to start being Joe Nice Guy;

2.) Have a little talk with President Trump's officials and learn what was in store for him and his country militarily if he nuked an American city;

3.) Have a little talk with Chinese officials (after President Trump talked to them first), and find out what was in store for him and his country economically if he kept causing trouble among major world powers to no apparent gain;

4.) Have a little talk with President Moon Jae-in of South Korea (after President Trump talked to Moon first), and start to see the differences between running a first-world country like SK instead of treating his subjects like dirt or worse in a 3rd-world sh!thole like NK?

5.) Have a little talk with some of Vladimir Putin's buds, and find out why Russia is no longer interested in supporting a buzzing blowfly like him who always takes and never gives back, but constantly demands more support?

6.) After having talks with all of the above, did he finally realize that he has no friends left on the planet except Iran, who has its own problems and has no time to help him out of the cesspool he and his family have turned North Korea into?

7.) Other (explain in your post)
None of the above. He has NUKES..... Period.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:59 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Of course not!

This NK thing is a mere pimple compared to the carbuncle of his administration's foibles.

I'll give him credit when and if it's due for a nuclear free Korea, but don't expect me to become a fellow Trumpling.

The minute the nukes are gone I will give credit. I won't give credit for this photo op.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:39 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
The minute the nukes are gone I will give credit. I won't give credit for this photo op.
Exactly. We all know Kim Jong Un is not going to give up his nuclear weapons, so it's all for show. But Trump and the cultists are not smart enough to realize it. And that level of ignorance is exactly what he is playing off of.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:50 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post

^^^^^This. Anything less and it is not but lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies