Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 12:23 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
These ignorant people who constantly insist upon forcing their personal problems on others are making me lose faith in humanity.
If you are going to fly, go out in public or m ix with others, Take a damned bath, brush your teeth and dont impose yourself upon others.
edit:
Oh and for the record, perfume, aftershave or body spray are not substitutes for bathing.
Your comment about perfume/aftershave/body spray are so true. I used to frequent a coffee shop where occasionally this fellow came in just reeking of cologne of some sort. It was sooo strong, it literally caught in your throat and would make you cough. It was bad enough that even if he sat 15 or 20 feet away from you, in a minute or two, once the air flowed around him a bit, you'd start smelling it very strongly. More than once I was with a gal friend of mine and we had to leave. She said it was giving her an immediate headache.

I have no idea what his "game" was...he was a member of some religion I'm guessing. Perhaps one where bathing was a sin (god is very concerned with such things ya know) except on the 3rd Saturday of each month, after 3:00 PM but before 3:15 PM...and you should always fast the day before bathing too. Who the heck knows what drives people. I have to say he was a rather distinguished looking guy, and usually had loose fitting white linen type clothing on.

I just know when I saw him coming, I knew my time in the coffee shop was coming to an end quickly. Easy enough to leave the coffee shop, but if you're stuck on an airplane.....it's sad that it's now considered racism if someone next to you stinks so bad you can't breath and you say anything about it. Apparently making people choke, gag, cough, get headaches, or have asthma attacks from you smell is legally protected behavior these days.

Last edited by jasper1372; 05-16-2018 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 12:27 PM

17,622 posts, read 17,674,997 times
It is possible for someone to stink so bad they’re asked to leave. If there were other dark skin people on the plane and they weren’t asked to leave then it’s not racism, it’s time to take a bath or visit a doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies