Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2018, 08:47 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Did you marry every woman/man you had sex with ?
Is that the new/old standard to judge others by and especially politicians ? If it is pick up the phone and make the call. No doubt God is on speed dial.
Unless Trump has children we don't know about (which is possible ), Trump married all of the mothers of his children.

I imagine OOWH uses the term 'baby mama' because Tiffany was born a few months before Trump married Marla.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:53 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Just because you don't agree with who she is as a person doesn't mean she shouldn't have the same rights of heterosexual teachers.

Its like saying teachers in interracial marriages shouldn't have photos of their spouses because you don't agree with the concept of interracial relationships.
Exactly!

Old 05-13-2018, 09:23 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Again. In the classroom, 4th graders do not need to be introduced to the gay and lesbian lifestyle. Don't parents get advance notice before the school gives students their first classes on human biology and sexuality? Just so that parents are prepared to answer further questions about it at home.

It's not right that this teacher suddenly sprang her lesbian life on these young kids.

If she simply showed the kids a picture of her spouse it isn't a big deal and does not constitute having "sprung her lesbian life on these young kids."

Am I springing my heterosexual lifestyle on my students when I have pictures of my wife and kids on my computer?

She teaches 4th grade...that is 10 year olds. Old enough to understand relationships exist.

Quote:
And so what if not everyone is accepting of gays and lesbians? Part of being a heterosexual is that one isn't sexually attracted to their own sex. Therefore, there is a natural aversion to seeing others being gay and lesbian.

The only people who would 100% be fine with seeing gays and lesbians being affectionate with their partners are those who are also gay or lesbian or... who are bisexual. Otherwise, those who are straight are naturally turned off by seeing gays and lesbians with their partners. Probably straight men have the strongest anti-gay feelings, seeing as how their ideal sexual partners have very little body hair.

There are foods/beverages that I despise or am allergic to.

Should I be angry with people who eat/drink those foods? Should I promote their exclusion or legal banning?

Why should my preferences dictate what others can and can't do in open society with their own unique preferences if it doesn't harm me?

Shouldn't I just say to each their own?

I hate coffee, but could care less that Theodore Roosevelt drank a gallon a day or that my wife drinks a lot of it.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:55 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What's the purpose of a slide show or a photo ? Any slide show or any photo.
To share photos.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So you're saying if a teacher was sharing his or hers polyamorous life (with a power point slideshow) it would be ok?

Yeah I dont think so, LOl

I say teachers should keep their personal business ...you know....personal. And like i said up-thread...little children DONT CARE! So, I dont know what was running through this teachers head in setting up a slide show, especially if she hasn't done it in previous years with new students (what has changed?) Oh wait shes going into a gay marriage.

I can understand how this can be misunderstood as pushing a gay agenda.
Yes, it would be okay.

Showing a photo of your heterosexual spouse is okay.

Showing a photo of your homosexual spouse is okay.

Showing a photo of your polyamorous spouses is okay.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Picture this. You are a postsecondary student, university, for example. You walk into your class on the first day of the semester expecting to hear about the course outline, and instead the professor delivers a presentation of family photos that reveal the professors sexual orientation. Is that normal? Is it acceptable? If it is completely unacceptable in a postsecondary learning environment - and it is - then how is it acceptable in a learning environment where the learners are vulnerable children?
Elementary school and college are two totally different animals.

Old 05-14-2018, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My point was to illustrate inappriate conversation by school personnel focused on students.

It is not the duty of a teacher to reveal aspects of their lives to students. SSM in the teacher's life?

High school? OK. Fourth grade? no way.
Your point fails because a blowjob isn't the same as a photo.

Kids aren't okay to see photos of someone's spouse? Really? Talk about helicopter parenting.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I agree. I don't see a violation. Showing a picture of your spouse isn't political or sectarian. Its personal.
No its not. Its quite normal in all types of workplaces to have photos of your spouse and/or kids where others can see it. In the case of the teacher, its totally normal to have a little, "Hey I'm Mrs. Magritte. I've been a teacher for 10 years. I have two sons, a few dogs and birds and I'm married. Here are some photos."

What in God's name is wrong with that?

Old 05-14-2018, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Again. In the classroom, 4th graders do not need to be introduced to the gay and lesbian lifestyle. Don't parents get advance notice before the school gives students their first classes on human biology and sexuality? Just so that parents are prepared to answer further questions about it at home.

It's not right that this teacher suddenly sprang her lesbian life on these young kids.

And so what if not everyone is accepting of gays and lesbians? Part of being a heterosexual is that one isn't sexually attracted to their own sex. Therefore, there is a natural aversion to seeing others being gay and lesbian.

The only people who would 100% be fine with seeing gays and lesbians being affectionate with their partners are those who are also gay or lesbian or... who are bisexual. Otherwise, those who are straight are naturally turned off by seeing gays and lesbians with their partners. Probably straight men have the strongest anti-gay feelings, seeing as how their ideal sexual partners have very little body hair.
They weren't being affectionate in the photo. They were standing next to each other.

Also, I'm a 100% straight married female and I see nothing wrong with what this teacher did.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:05 AM

Quote:
I don't care either, I just don't want the gay and lesbian lifestyle in my face. Keep that stuff in their own homes.

But more importantly and back to the thread topic, I don't think that fourth graders should be introduced to the LGBTQ lifestyle by their teacher. It's the parents' job to do that.
LOL!!! The only people who think its the parents' job to "introduce the LGBTQ lifestyle" to their kids are usually the same ones who refuse to talk about it or are against it all together.

BTW, how does one "introduce the LGTBQ lifestyle" to kids?

We never had a formal sit down with our kids. Just like with heterosexual relationships, they learned just by observation. Observation in our social group, observation in society, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies