Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 12:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

She can be so incredibly dumb sometimes.

She said:

Quote:
You don't just come into this country with low skills, low education, not understanding the language and come into our country because someone says it makes them feel nice. That's not what this country is based on.
Great. Incredibly stupid thing to say, given the actions of her own ancestors. So a genealogist discovers this about Lahren’s immigrant ancestors:

Quote:
Tomi's 3x great-grandmother had been here for 41 years and still spoke German," Mendelsohn wrote. "Her 2nd great-grandmother had been here for 10 yrs. Spoke no English. Her great-grandfather's 1895 baptism from MN? Recorded in Norwegian."

Mendelsohn also shared another document that she said shows Lahren's great-great-grandfather was indicted by a grand jury for forging naturalization papers, but notes in a second tweet that he was acquitted by a trial jury.

"Spoiler alert: he was acquitted by a trial jury," Mendelsohn wrote. "But come on."
I keep telling people that most of the stories we hear about European immigration are FALSE! They took their sweet time assimilating into this country, and it often took several generations to do so.

Genealogist trolls Tomi Lahren over comments on immigrants | TheHill

Old 05-14-2018, 12:36 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,340,016 times
Dumb, blonde and racist. That is how Fox News like their women.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:37 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
Ouch.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:43 PM

6,751 posts, read 3,372,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Dumb, blonde and racist. That is how Fox News like their women.

Me too!

Old 05-14-2018, 01:00 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
I think Tomi is a dolt, and have no idea why anyone gives her a venue to talk, but, what does her opinion have to do with what her ancestors did? Can I criticize slavery yet have slave owning ancestors (for the record, they did not, came to the US after slavery ended)? Do them owning slaves have any bearing on my opinion about slavery?

My other thought is; how does this person know about Tomi's ancestors? Hell, I hardly even know about mine, I could not imagine someone else magically finding something so detailed like what languages they did or did not speak.

Of course though European immigrants (specifically those from the UK, Ireland, Germanic, and northern Europeans) were much more assimilated than any other immigrant group, the US derived from such groups and/or are offshoots of such groups. The US is not a large deviation from those societies back then. It is an apples and oranges comparison.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Another statist exposed.

Love it.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:07 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Another statist exposed.

Love it.
She's so freaking hot, but such an imbecile.

For some reason she told people not to trust Ye--something about him being a Democrat plant or something.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:09 PM

23,640 posts, read 12,561,414 times
"Tomi's 3x great-grandmother had been here for 41 years and still spoke German," Mendelsohn wrote."
So?
He says she "still spoke German" , he doesn't say she didn't know English. Plenty of immigrants do continue to speak their native language.

"Her 2nd great-grandmother had been here for 10 yrs. Spoke no English."
So?
He doesn't say she didn't know English, just that she never spoke it 'as far as he knows'.

"Her great-grandfather's 1895 baptism from MN? Recorded in Norwegian."
So?
Why not have that in a community that is probably predominantly Norwegian?

"Mendelsohn also shared another document that she said shows Lahren's great-great-grandfather was indicted by a grand jury for forging naturalization papers, but notes in a second tweet that he was acquitted by a trial jury.

"Spoiler alert: he was acquitted by a trial jury," Mendelsohn wrote. "But come on.""
He was found innocent, why is this a thing?

Immigrants that came through Ellis Island did have to pass many tests, intelligence test was one of them.

Jeb Bush's wife doesn't speak English, does that mean she's a moron? If so, why was the left saying that we should have voted for Jeb?

The only thing idiotic is this thread.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:19 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
She's so freaking hot, but such an imbecile.

For some reason she told people not to trust Ye--something about him being a Democrat plant or something.
Well, being an imbecile is a prerequisite for being a Statist I suppose.

She's a bit too thin and plastic for my liking. I need some meat on the bones.

I just checked her Twitter. She's blabbering on and on about "illegals".

Old 05-14-2018, 01:20 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Hey libs, did she falsely claim native american heritage then leverage that lie to become a tenured professor at a major ivy league university? Just saying...glass houses and all that you haters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies