Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 03:16 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times

Advertisements

Just follow the more current Tweets on Seth Abramson's Twitterfeed

https://mobile.twitter.com/SethAbram...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

He has links to some info that seems very damaging and credible (wouldn't be damaging if it weren't) regarding Trump's dealings with Qatar and others--
And there is a tweet about Kushner's own involvement in helping put some of these deals together

Abramson pulls some past data into perspective pretty clearly

3h
My favorite part of the Trump-Russia case is how we continue to indulge the hilarious delusion that all these Russians and Qataris were smuggled into Trump's house via the back door but Trump never attended ANY of those meetings. Newsflash—we'll learn he was at many/most of them.

Old 05-14-2018, 03:33 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,949,135 times
Sharing Seth Abramson: Not once, not ever, not even as a joke.

Old 05-14-2018, 03:47 PM

1,704 posts, read 750,321 times
Even without following Seth, one has to be oblivious to reality, if one fails to see the multiple Russian guns smoking all around Trump and his associates.

It would be like catapulting a thousand boulders upon a minefield saturated with a million Russian explosives and NOT detonating a single one of them, if Mueller comes up empty-handed...

Old 05-14-2018, 06:13 PM

Maybe a little jealousy woven in with the distain...

It's like the tag "it's not really paranoia if they ARE out to get you"...

Maybe he is hyperbolic--
I get that--
But there are plenty of Trump supporters as bad or worse

I don't have Twitter account--just read posts that other people pull from various Twitter feeds that they believe lends credibility to their opinion or new information to feed the gristmill...
I thought Abramson had some spot on references to tie past actions/stories into current news cycle

It has been year and half or more since some of these news stories in past were in circulation
People forget or didn't even pay that much attention that far back
The Dowd story was a faux pas--Dowd took one for Team Trump when he lied like he did
He shouldn't have...Trump expected him to do it for everything after that...

Old 05-14-2018, 06:19 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,771,508 times
Doesn't matter.

They could release a video where trump talks about sex with his daughter, and the Trump-bots would never lose faith in his tiny hands.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Even without following Seth, one has to be oblivious to reality, if one fails to see the multiple Russian guns smoking all around Trump and his associates.

It would be like catapulting a thousand boulders upon a minefield saturated with a million Russian explosives and NOT detonating a single one of them, if Mueller comes up empty-handed...
Well, it's not ALL Russian smoking guns at this point-
We have some Qatar smoke signals, the Seychelles travel brochures Erik Prince and George Nadar left lying around, the Korean Air trail of peanuts, Novartis's pill wrappers....
So far a mixed bag of foreign affairs...

And unless Mueller finds something "criminal" Trump (or anyone) can be damn-well convicted for being involved with, all Mueller will do is pass the report to Rosenstein...
Mueller is not under mandate to make his report public even to Congress...
The reason he handed off Cohen to SDNY is because he must feel there are more than several obviously criminal violations that can/should be dealt with outside his own framework...

He is going to court over at least some of the Russian hackers/Russian news media he indicted...
I think that is moving more quickly that he really wanted and will force him to release info he would like to keep more contained...don't know of course what other threads -- like CA or Brad Parscale--might be drawn out to public scrutiny before he would really want...
I think from what I have read he THOUGHT they would not respond to any filings and not show up in court-
That didn't happen...

Old 05-14-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Doesn't matter.

They could release a video where trump talks about sex with his daughter, and the Trump-bots would never lose faith in his tiny hands.

I think it could be even worse than that and his "base" wouldn't flinch...
My husband said the people shown at his (campaign) speech last week were pretty base themselves...

I read psychological assessment article years ago that said the two groups of people who have the highest self-opinions were narcissists and prison inmates...they believe they can do no wrong...
Trump, we know, is a narcissist...
I just wondered with all the analysis that CA stole out of FB and the insights gained about Trump supporters vs others what the % of narcissistic tendencies were among the Trump supporters vs others...
If the ones MORE likely to be swayed by faux propaganda and take the bait being offered by the troll factories showed more or fewer narcissistic traits...

Anyone see any analysis of the analysis???

Old 05-15-2018, 05:19 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,404,541 times
Default More Sleaze from Trump: The Qatar Shakedown.

Apparently, after the election Mike Cohen tried to shakedown the Quatar Sovereign Fund for millions to be paid to Trump's family.

How putrid can this administration get?

Noah Trevor is right.

Trump is our corrupt African dictator.

Hey, Mr. Mueller, here's another piece of Trumpian sleaze you can investigate.

Michael Cohen asked for 'millions of dollars' to 'pass to Trumps' | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by TreeBeard; 05-15-2018 at 05:34 PM..

Old 05-15-2018, 05:26 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
How utterly shocking.

I'll be even more shocked to find out Trump didn't know anything about it whatsoever. And we all know that's coming next.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:29 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
How utterly shocking.

I'll be even more shocked to find out Trump didn't know anything about it whatsoever. And we all know that's coming next.
After that is the announcement that this is the first Pence has heard about it, and he's shocked, shocked I tell ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies