Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 09:31 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I don't know, literally EVERY other source I see says Trump Jr. CALLED the blocked number.
Agree I can't believe something that is as big as this story isn't clarified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 09:34 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Honestly, I think some of the news outlets are so hung up on hanging the POTUS out to dry that they are passing over some of these details. Regardless of how anyone feels about the POTUS there needs to be a little more attention to basic facts and details.

If its a blocked number that Don Jr placed a call TO, I don't see the big deal. I get that it might be his dad's number, but I'm not on board with there being anything nefarious about him dialing a blocked number. His dad could have easily given him the "mistress hotline" and not told him anything other than, "use this number for now"

Old 05-16-2018, 09:35 PM

"After setting up a meeting with Russian agents in June 2016 to discuss what he thought would be incriminating information on Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. made an 11-minute phone call to a blocked phone number, according to transcripts of his Senate interviews released Wednesday."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ent/615655002/

Old 05-16-2018, 09:40 PM

The USA Today article is missing big facts like:

Why do we know there was a call?

How do we know JR made it?

What exactly does blocked means?

How do we know it was 11 minutes?

One thing clear to me is GOP members of the panel don't seem to be very curious...or at least I hope their is an explanation why this late in the day so little is known.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
The USA Today article is missing big facts like:

Why do we know there was a call?

How do we know JR made it?

What exactly does blocked means?

How do we know it was 11 minutes?

One thing clear to me is GOP members of the panel don't seem to be very curious...or at least I hope their is an explanation why this late in the day so little is known.
Well, its not just he GOP members, the press owns getting this straight and being more clear about the details.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:55 PM

Found this in BBC

"The blocked number question

Donald Trump Jr received a call from a blocked number on 6 June, three days before the meeting.
It lasted four minutes and came sandwiched between two phone calls Mr Trump Jr had with Emin Agalarov, an Azerbaijani-Russian businessman and music star who was pushing for the Trump Tower meeting.
When asked whether the call might have been his father, who is known to use a blocked number, Mr Trump Jr replied: "I don't know.""

Trump Russia investigation: What new Trump Tower documents tell us - BBC News

Old 05-16-2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Found this in BBC

"The blocked number question

Donald Trump Jr received a call from a blocked number on 6 June, three days before the meeting.
It lasted four minutes and came sandwiched between two phone calls Mr Trump Jr had with Emin Agalarov, an Azerbaijani-Russian businessman and music star who was pushing for the Trump Tower meeting.
When asked whether the call might have been his father, who is known to use a blocked number, Mr Trump Jr replied: "I don't know.""

Trump Russia investigation: What new Trump Tower documents tell us - BBC News
Ugh, now its a 4 minute call? Not an 11 minute call? I trust nobody knows WTF they are talking about at this point. Not you, pbmaise, the journalists.

EDIT - Wait, and this call was BEFORE the meeting, not after. So the 11 minute call was after the meeting, no?

Old 05-17-2018, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Ugh, now its a 4 minute call? Not an 11 minute call? I trust nobody knows WTF they are talking about at this point. Not you, pbmaise, the journalists.

EDIT - Wait, and this call was BEFORE the meeting, not after. So the 11 minute call was after the meeting, no?
I am just digging through the papers and trying key word searches in the news.google.com.

But yes appears to be at least two calls.

So perhaps time for someone to build a Wikipedia page to set it all straight.

Old 05-17-2018, 03:31 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Thats not at all what I'm getting at. I'm seeing people saying or implying that because Don Jr. placed a call to a blocked number, it seems shady. My point is, the caller of a blocked number may or may not know if its blocked. You or I could call that number right now by mistake and get through, never knowing it was blocked, no? Thats all I'm trying to understand.

But you or I wouldn't chat for 11 minutes with someone we don't even know...... now would we?

Old 05-17-2018, 03:38 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
LOL, maybe you understand it others still might not ,it could very well have nothing to do with the way it was written.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies