Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 10:01 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
uhm, hey hardhead.... we didn't like his policies

Your so pathologically obsessed with his race that you can't see beyond his race. Another important point, if Obama didn't try to rule like a dictator (with a phone and a pen) then it would take congress to undo what he did. The problem for Obama is he knew that his policies were bad and would never pass so he used a Phone and Pen Governance.

The other point is they cheated Bernie Sanders and tried to stop Trump, remember, Hillary was a sure win because she was to be Obama 2.0? No wonder they freaked.
I wonder if all these Black people would be supporting all of Obama's policies and legacy if he wasn't black skinned. It's even more sadder that they don't see that he don't give a crap about the African American people. After he left the Presidency, he didn't go on a vacation to black dominated countries like Somalia, Kenya, Haiti or Jamaica. He went to Indonesia instead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 10:28 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Well said. Trump tweeted 27 times about Obama playing golf while 44 was still president. His supporters ate it up.
I like it when president play golf, it takes up time, it gives them leas time to think and screws something up, I wish they play golf 24/7, and don't have any problem paying for it

Old 05-20-2018, 10:33 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I like it when president play golf, it takes up time, it gives them leas time to think and screws something up, I wish they play golf 24/7, and don't have any problem paying for it
Often they are playing golf with people that they are negotiating with, and need to get them to do something for them. At LOT of business gets done on the golf course. I don't know if Obama used it that way, but I suspect he did like most other Presidents, and executives.

Old 05-20-2018, 10:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It's really too bad too. This older generation could have had a much better legacy and reputation but they've destroyed it.
Please don't lump us all into the same boat. I'm a white woman who is dragging 50 along with a trailer but I, like many others, would never vote for this orange travesty OR his policies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
The second someone claims they are against Obama because he is black, they lost the argument. I was an Obama supporter, but it was a black co-worker that opened my eyes at how he may be a good talker, but he was a terrible politician and world negotiator. The world loved him because they thought he was easy to push around and make bad deals at America's expense. And I still think he's just another puppet for the elite. I feel Trump is now too. I don't think we have any leaders anymore that are truly for the little guy.
How about those republicans that claimed people only voted for Obama BECAUSE he was black? Remember those?

I remember John Sununu accusing Colin Powell of doing that very thing. It was a riveting television moment.

But - at least you see through Trump and his fake populism.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:43 AM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This pretty much says it all. The world as a whole is going to be much improved once these old white people, who cannot abide the changing culture where minorities and women have a place at the table, but want to keep us firmly planted in the regressive 1950s instead, are gone. The world will move on and be better off without them and their myopic view of the new world we live in.

Trump just tapped into this dying, old world, racist, mysogynetic demographic and milked it for whatever power it had left, but that power is, thankfully, waning. It can't happen soon enough.
Per the bolded --- In your mind everybody who voted for Trump falls into that category? Talk about a hateful and biased remark. Do you actually believe that drivel you wrote?

Old 05-20-2018, 11:45 AM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
It's really too bad too. This older generation could have had a much better legacy and reputation but they've destroyed it.
So...only "the older generation" voted for Trump? If you really believe that, then you live under a rock.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:51 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
President Obama's corruption-free administration and his legacy of pulling the country back from the brink of financial ruin, taking down Osama bin Laden and providing millions of previously uninsured people with healthcare is going to be just fine. No amount of whining by lil' Donnie and the cult will ever change that.

And when held up against the current corrupt, chaotic, race-baiting, know-nothing administration, Obama's is going to look positively stellar by comparison.
Exactly.

Also, since all Trump has done is steal credit for everything good that happened under Obama, I don't think those who are still huffing Trump have any grounds on which to stand in this discussion.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:19 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Exactly.

Also, since all Trump has done is steal credit for everything good that happened under Obama, I don't think those who are still huffing Trump have any grounds on which to stand in this discussion.
You’re either onto something or you’re on something there.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
I'm waiting for the same complaints against Trump for signing so many Executive Orders and not "persuading Congress". I'm waiting for the same complaints against Trump for costing the country so much money on vacations, golfing, security costs, hiring his family, pay to play, increasing the national debt, campaigning on taxpayer money and broken promises on health coverage.

Yes, Trump's policies will be overturned, but many of his policies will have lasting damage to the environment and the economy.
Oh for gods sake, stop your whining. The American people didn't like Obama's policies. Obama helped pave the way for Trump.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:26 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So...only "the older generation" voted for Trump? If you really believe that, then you live under a rock.
They gotta have someone to blame.... blame everyone but their dear leaders and themselves. First he said it was supposed racism, then said it was old people. He's as bad as Hillary for laying blame on everyone but herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies