Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 07:17 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

And I am against a national safety net until we close our borders and stop letting in the needy from other countries. We aren't able to take care of our Americans who have issues and are homeless, therefore we should not be taking care of non-Americans in crisis.
+1

Old 05-20-2018, 07:25 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,164 times
37% of Arizona are registered repulicans. That means 63% -- the majority - are not. Seems like liberals could dig into their own pockets to help these folks if they want. Guessing many that volunteer at churches and rescue missions are either dems or republicans. If our debts weren't so high we would be in a better place to help our own citizens - instead of caring more about folks entering illegally. Become a fiscal conservative and help fix the system.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:31 AM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,161,054 times
Also, our welfare system and Section 8 has been a huge mistake, encouraging couples not to marry, and creating a crutch that causes families have a mindset and partake of it multi-generationally.

IMO having a national safety net would cause people to give up on being productive too soon. We don't need to create a nation of slackers who won't make an effort to made sound longterm financial goals, be spendthrifts while they are young... knowing that Uncle Sam will take care of them, regardless of their actions.

So actually, I would always vote no on having a national safety net. If you want one, go move to a country like Norway while you are young and pay high income taxes during your WORKING years.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:35 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Also, our welfare system and Section 8 has been a huge mistake, encouraging couples not to marry, and creating a crutch that causes families have a mindset and partake of it multi-generationally.

IMO having a national safety net would cause people to give up on being productive too soon. We don't need to create a nation of slackers who won't make an effort to made sound longterm financial goals, be spendthrifts while they are young... knowing that Uncle Sam will take care of them, regardless of their actions.

So actually, I would always vote no on having a national safety net. If you want one, go move to a country like Norway while you are young and pay high income taxes during your WORKING years.

Universal Basic Income, Free College and Universal Healthcare will be the Dem. platform...

how to buy votes 101.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:49 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Serious question... Where do these people go when it's 115-120 degrees in the summer ?

Old 05-20-2018, 08:46 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,577,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That’s simply not possible unless you live so far out in the county that you aren’t near people or you simply don’t get out.

Maricopa County is chock full of homeless people, and they simply can’t be missed. Sorry. It ain’t possible. The East and West Valleys have ‘em all over the place.

I live in Cochise County, and they’re all over the damn place. Same for Pinal and Pima Counties. The vagrancy in Pima County is at epidemic proportions. If you own a vacant rental property, vagrants continuously squat in your home. My best buddy chases out vagrants from his properties so often that he’s thinking about leaving the rental property business.

I’m sorry, but you must be completely impervious to your surroundings.
Gee, another person who has no clue about me, telling me what I see and what I don't see! All I said was I live in Maricopa county and I have not seen a homeless person. Let me say that again. I live in Maricopa County (Not the city of Phoenix) and I have not seen a homeless person. (I have lived here approx. 1 year..) And I am out and about every day.

I am not going to post exactly where I live since I question some poster's mental stability. (not yours, the other persons.)

No, I am not impervious. No, I am not full of anything. No, I do not live in Wickenburg (although I like it). You have no clue about what I see and what I don't see.

What may be impossible for you doesn't mean it is impossible for me.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
In Arizona many job opportunities have been taken by illegal Mexican aliens and wages have been driven down by illegal immigration.

Also look at the homeless population in liberal utopias like Seattle and Portland. Oh yeah the liberal symbol Amazon actually refuses to do their fair share even though they're a major contributor to Seattle's social issues.
More fiction.

In Arizona, a qualified applicant can EASILY find a job. Illegals don’t find work in Arizona any easier than they do in Texas or Kansas. Texas is a bastion of illegal immigrant labor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
???

It’s regulary in the 40’s in southern Arizona at night during the winter; it’s the desert, and it gets below freezing more than one would think.
Northern Arizona is a better example.

Still, Texas has some pretty damn bitter winters with the exception of South Texas. North, East and West Texas has some of the most unpredictably cold weather in this country. In Abilene, it can be 70 on a winter day, and then an ice storm can hit in the evening. Same with Dallas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It looks to me you are calling the ENTIRE STATE of Arizona as being in trouble yet the pictures definatley show CITIES.

Phoenix for example voted DEMOCRAT with a DEM Mayor and DEMS controlling the city council.

So, I would do at least SOME research before making such accusations and claims.
All of this Dem and Repub nonsense is stupid. Arizona is a rock ribbed conservative State with two Republicans in the Senate and the majority of our Congressional Delegation is solidly right wing.

There’s no getting around it. We have homeless issues because it’s WARM here most of the year. Homeless people don’t go to rural areas because rural areas barely have enough services for their own residents, let alone the homeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
37% of Arizona are registered repulicans. That means 63% -- the majority - are not. Seems like liberals could dig into their own pockets to help these folks if they want. Guessing many that volunteer at churches and rescue missions are either dems or republicans. If our debts weren't so high we would be in a better place to help our own citizens - instead of caring more about folks entering illegally. Become a fiscal conservative and help fix the system.
Again for the millionth time: Arizona is a hardcore right wing conservative Republican State. The votes that the Republican Party garners here outstrip the number of registered Republicans. That’s why our Congressional Delegation is as red as blood.

Get real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Serious question... Where do these people go when it's 115-120 degrees in the summer ?
They don’t go anywhere. There’s nowhere to go. They bear it.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:53 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Gee, another person who has no clue about me telling me what I see and what I don't see! All I said was I live in Maricopa county and I have not seen a homeless person. Let me say that again. I live in Maricopa County (Not the city of Phoenix) and I have not seen a homeless person. (I have lived here approx. 1 year..) And I am out and about every day.

I am not going to post exactly where I live since I question some poster's mental stability. (not yours, the other persons.)

No, I am not impervious. No, I am not full of anything. No, I do not live in Wickenburg (although I like it). You have no clue about what I see and what I don't see.
If you live in Maricopa County and don’t see homeless people, then you’re either blind, willfully ignorant, or impervious to your surroundings...or you live so deep in the County boondocks that sunshine has to get piped in.

I’m sorry, but it’s as simple as that. Not seeing homelessness as a serious issue in Maricopa County takes tremendous effort, and you must be working really hard at it.

People come out to visit and it’s one of the first things they notice.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
... And Republicans.

Let's not forget AZ is a red state. There are way more Republicans in government than Democrats.

Don't you worry! Sheriff Joe gonna fix everything when he gets elected to Senator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
The only reasonable conclusion that can be drawn is that homelessness is a problem that affects every state in the nation.

Saying that red states are worse than blue states, or vice versa, is just plain moronic. Does the OP really believe that the homeless care about Republicans or Democrats? No, they care mostly that their next meal isn't coming out of a dumpster.
That is the point the OP is making due to the hundreds of thread started on CD on a daily basis about how homelessness only happens in blue states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Bring back Sheriff Joe....
Ya'll have the opportunity to vote for him again. I mean, I hope no one is that stupid but . . . . .

Old 05-20-2018, 08:57 AM

24,396 posts, read 23,053,611 times
Its funny the homeless don't flock to states like Maine or Minnesota or North Dakota. Oh, maybe its the WEATHER that makes them gravitate to warmer climate states. Is Arizona, warm, I'll have to go research that.
Liberals are getting denser, its not our imaginations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies