Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 12:11 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Over a year later, it will be interesting to see if Mueller finally found a crime somewhere, since he long ago stopped looking for evidence of one particular thing, and has spent the vast majority of his time looking for any evidence of anything he can pin to Trump.
I disagree.

The set of crimes are already well known, his appointed task is to investigate them. Anything else he uncovers along the way of a criminal nature must not be ignored. It is his sworn duty to pursue the truth.

This is going to be a long process.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:11 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,534 times
And when it doesn't, will the lefties accept it and go home with their tail between their legs?

Old 05-20-2018, 12:13 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
That is why I think they will eventually get Trump.

This isn't about Russian collusion. This is about removing Trump, he isn't squeaky clean. Will Mueller find something from the 1980s?
Trump is still standing. Look at all their attempts to do away with him since June 2015. Who is protecting Trump? What is his source of protection? Open the Bible.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:19 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Trump and his cronies, including the Russians ARE under investigation. Open your eyes.
If someone robs a bank, and fingerprints are found, the bank robbery would be the subject of investigation, but if those prints are yours or mine we would become a party of interest. Especially if we start spending like drunken sailors above our reported incomes.

Yes, based upon those fingerprints, they will check.

It might seem like they are picking on us, that we have become the focus of some sort of witch hunt, but the reality would be our fingerprints led them to us. These things don't happen in a vacuum.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:19 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
i'm not a fan of Trump but once Mueller has presented his findings,conclusions, etc., it will be over for me.

I'm not convinced there is criminal activity.

The important outcome for me - knowing Russia actively tried to influence the election for whatever reason and we already have determined that.

All the other stuff -- maybe Trump Jr. meeting with Russian officials may be inappropriate and kind of creepy but if there is no criminal activity, there is no criminal activity.

My complaint with the Clinton bashing for almost 25 years is that folks are so convinced they have been guilty of criminal activity but in those 25 years nothing has been proven, nothing has gone further then accusations and trying to formulate evidence.

Either find folks guilty and do something or move on. Stop going over and over and over and over stuff that just never ends in any concrete evidence to pursue conviction.

So -- please -- let's just let the guy finish.....and I think the President should testify -- in public. If he's innocent then we can all see for ourselves when he answers the questions and we won't have to have claims that the answers were manipulated.

For me -- if the President did nothing wrong, there is no reason not to testify.

Truth is truth.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:20 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If Trump did collude with the Russians, the deep state would have already leaked by now. They're corrupt.
Absolutely. Right now the the Democrats, the Deep State and the MSM are in heavy damage control mode. Just look at the countless weasely ways they keep trying to re-frame what happened. Look at the total hysteria of the CD posters. Everyone knows this is falling apart, everyone knows people are going to jail.

What the left is trying to do now is minimize damage to the Obama administration.

Just wait for the first round of news stories blaming Hillary for this mess...that's when you'll know they're getting to close to Obama because they will sacrifice Hillary in heartbeat to save Obama's tattered reputation

Old 05-20-2018, 12:21 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,752,250 times
I absolutely will accept it if Mueller proves unequivocally that Trump colluded with the Russians to win the election.

Will the OP pledge to accept the IG report if it shows the CIA/FBI/Clinton campaign colluded to create a false Russian narrative to stage a coup d'etat? No complaining if the perpetrators are brought to justice as per the law? I remember when Andrew McCabe was busted, many on the left cried like spoiled children. They tried to blame Trump, they tried to blame Sessions, they flooded money into the wealthy McCabe's legal fund. They didn't seem to care that he clearly broke the law on multiple occasions.

Like I said, I trust Mueller & will accept his findings. I just think it's fair the OP is also on record that they will accept the findings of the AG reports.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:24 PM

683 posts, read 465,671 times
It will be very hard to believe anything. Why? Because we've discovered in the last two years how terribly corrupt the government of the USA is. So, even if Trump IS guilty of something, I think most of us would be like...So, he's guilty and he gets punished by no one else is punished? ie., Hillar, McCabe, Clapper, Brennan, Rice, Yates, etc...

Old 05-20-2018, 12:25 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,289,975 times
This will probably be as comical as the Wells Reports on Tom Brady and deflated footballs.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:27 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,004,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
When Mueller is finished, we can assume he will probably release a 500+ page, maybe even 1,000+ page report of his findings.

It's safe to assume that, Mueller does believe there was wrongdoing, he will provide proof. Lots of proof. Phone records, financial documents, e-mails, hand written notes, text messages, bank transfers, witness testimony, phone tapped conversations, etc.

When the Mueller report comes out, IF it proves in great detail and with a lot of supporting evidence, that members of Trump's campaign, family, or possibly Trump himself, did accept bribes from, were blackmailed by, or engaged in "pay to play" with the Russians, Chinese, or UAE, do you think Trump supporters would accept it?

I assume if Meuller's report crushes Trump, Donald will immediately take his tweets to DEFCON 1 and berate Mueller and the investigation on a level we haven't yet seen. I could also see it triggering a Saturday Night Massacre scenario where Trump fires Rosenstein and appoints somebody who will fire Mueller. Will Trump supporters get behind 45 and echo his insults and accusations of Mueller and the"Deep State?"

Ultimately, I guess my main yes or no question is this: If Mueller proves, beyond a reasonable doubt and with a ton of evidence, that Trump was compromised in any way, would ANY of his supporters break off from him?
If the evidence is "iron clad" and not hearsay, I would support the removal of Trump from office. Then maybe we can turn out attention to the corruption within the government agencies that were "weaponized" to "fix" and election. Then we can go after everyone who was involved, doesn't matter where the trail leads.

I would suggest you read up on "Crossfire Hurricane". https://spectator.org/crossfire-hurr...cal-espionage/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies