Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 12:39 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,798,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And we have conservatives calling liberals names like commie, pinko, snowflake, etc. If you think conservatives do no wrong, you are sorely mistaken.

By the way, I've been called "oreo" "white boy" and "Carlton Banks". Some of the persons who called me those names were conservatives. And it had nothing to do with politics. It was basically to poke fun of me for "talking White" or "acting White". You can say you don't believe me all you want. I don't care. I know what my experiences have been.

I'm a minority (African-American) and I've never been called an Uncle Tom for voting for a Republican. And I actually did vote for a Republican. However, there was one thing that I remember. When I did vote for Bush, a neighbor of mine asked me who I voted for. I mentioned that I voted for Bush. Said person said "good boy", as if I was some dog or in such a way as to say "We trained you well. You did what you were suppose to".
Snowflake ---> because they need safe spaces,

pinko --> person regarded as being sympathetic to communism,

Commie --> Communism is a political ideology that stands for not equality of all (equality of opportunity). Classic liberalism believes in individual freedom. Today's liberals believes in using big gov't toward their goal of equality of all. Today's liberals lean toward communist ideology, hence, commie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 12:49 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,611,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Commie --> Communism is a political ideology that stands for not equality of all (equality of opportunity). Classic liberalism believes in individual freedom. Today's liberals believes in using big gov't toward their goal of equality of all. Today's liberals lean toward communist ideology, hence, commie.
I've been called a snowflake more than once. Trust me, if you and me met, you would not ever consider describing me that way. You would be respectful, and listen to what I had to say. I would treat you the same way. But you would never, ever use the term snowflake to my face. Trust me on that.

Pinko? Yeah, I've been called that by bat crap crazies on the right, who delight in calling me a RINO, and not considering that it was the broad center, Republicans and Democrats, who built America. It's those same bat crap crazies who bought into the orange one's lies and deceptions. The term sheep and sheeple comes to mind, and it amazes me how easily some people are fooled. It's horrible. This is the same group that denigrates any education for some strange reason.

Commie? You don't understand communism if you throw that word around towards anyone. Amazingly, the same people who love the orange one, see no problem with former real Communists, who now reign in Russia, as being allies of that narcissistic pathological individual who is so economical with the truth and honest utterances.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:50 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 20 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,611,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Saw this online and it really resonated with me.

Why I support President Trump.

Obama calls me clingy(to guns or religion)
Terrorists call me an infidel
Hillary calls me deplorable

President Trump calls me an ‘American’.

Pretty simple, right?

If that's a reason to support Trump then why Trump-haters say they voted for Clinton (even in a lesser-of-two-evils sense) because he calls illegal immigrants rapists, mocks someone with a disability, and makes mean-spirited petty remarks toward certain kinds of non-character aspects some women have (ugly to Carly Fiorina, fat to the former Miss Venezuela, etc). Not to mention promote contempt for weakness, difference, and other petty traits in a person - and a glorification of machismo, cockiness, incivility, and even general inhumane behavior.

So at "best", from your p.o.v., Trump-bashers reasons for voting for Clinton is just as valid as your own given reasons to vote for Trump. Except the difference is that Trump plainly isn't a guy who's simply socially clueless but basically well-meaning. He goes out of his way to divide and incite hatred, with a token out-group person on his staff serving as a fig-leaf to cover up the fact he is a despicable human.

BTW, Clinton herself called him out on that one - and this from The Guardian, not exactly The Washington Times.

Terrorists would call us infidels anyway, no matter how "accommodating" any administration is. Nor would they stop carrying out attacks if a "muscular" administration is in charge.

The deplorable part is a misquote of Clinton. "Basket of deplorables" means the white nationalists and other "racially aware" types - not the ordinary machinist in Toledo with two or three kids and who makes $25/hr 40 hrs a week 50 weeks a year.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:50 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,798,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

I'm a minority (African-American) and I've never been called an Uncle Tom for voting for a Republican. And I actually did vote for a Republican. However, there was one thing that I remember. When I did vote for Bush, a neighbor of mine asked me who I voted for. I mentioned that I voted for Bush. Said person said "good boy", as if I was some dog or in such a way as to say "We trained you well. You did what you were suppose to".
Don't feel too bad, I'm a woman and Hillary said I voted for Trump because of “ongoing pressure to vote the way that your husband, my boss, my son, whoever, believes I should,” of course "ASSuming my boss is male. Hillary, your leading feminist icon still doesn’t believe women can think for themselves.

Then Michele now ... had the nerve to say "I’m concerned about us, as women, and what we think about ourselves, what's going on in our heads"... She's an idiot. Hey Michele did you vote for Hillary when she ran against your husband?

It really irks liberals when we don't do as we're told.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:06 PM

73,141 posts, read 62,811,767 times
Quote:

And yet, anytime someone has a criticism of conservatives, there will be conservatives who come out and shout said persons down. If you really think liberals are that much worse than conservatives, you are part of the problem in this country. Plenty of conservatives don't like criticism, sounds like the same "safe space" mentality.

Alot of Republicans have supported many policies that lean to big government. No one calls them "commie". By the way, Communism is a political ideology for which all property is owned by the state. How many people on either political spectrum are calling for that? Not many at all.

If you are advocating calling people names for being liberal, then you are a big part of the problems in this country. You aren't helping matters at all.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Don't feel too bad, I'm a woman and Hillary said I voted for Trump because of “ongoing pressure to vote the way that your husband, my boss, my son, whoever, believes I should,†of course "ASSuming my boss is male. Hillary, your leading feminist icon still doesn’t believe women can think for themselves.

Then Michele now ... had the nerve to say "I’m concerned about us, as women, and what we think about ourselves, what's going on in our heads"... She's an idiot. Hey Michele did you vote for Hillary when she ran against your husband?

It really irks liberals when we don't do as we're told.
I have plenty of reason to be irked. My first Presidential election, I did vote for a Republican. However, I was basically treated like a child who "needed leading and training on who to vote for". And this wasn't a liberal doing this. Despite the accusations of liberals doing this, the first time this ever happened to me, it was by a conservative. Truth is, I only voted for Bush because of some persuasion from the religious right. While I am religious, there are other issues I need to consider as well.

Truth is, people are going to be concerned about what will happen to them. You calling Michelle Obama an idiot shows how low you will go.

I look out for myself, #1, when I vote. I have to. I don't trust my neighbor to understand my issues. I have to look out for me. If I don't, who else will?

Old 05-26-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:

Something else. You cherry picked one part of my post. I had to think about why. This is why I think you did what you did. My opinion is this: You saw the other parts of my post and could not empathize with it, therefore ignoring it. All you were concerned about was one small part. There is a reason I wrote the other parts of that post. This stuff is personal for me.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Bush was not an imbecile, even if you didn't like his policies. Nor was Obama for the same reason.

Scariest president ever.
There were things I disagreed with Bush and Obama over. However, I will take those two over Trump any day of the week.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:19 PM

3,183 posts, read 2,233,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
If that's a reason to support Trump then why Trump-haters say they voted for Clinton (even in a lesser-of-two-evils sense) because he calls illegal immigrants rapists, mocks someone with a disability, and makes mean-spirited petty remarks toward certain kinds of non-character aspects some women have (ugly to Carly Fiorina, fat to the former Miss Venezuela, etc). Not to mention promote contempt for weakness, difference, and other petty traits in a person - and a glorification of machismo, cockiness, incivility, and even general inhumane behavior.

So at "best", from your p.o.v., Trump-bashers reasons for voting for Clinton is just as valid as your own given reasons to vote for Trump. Except the difference is that Trump plainly isn't a guy who's simply socially clueless but basically well-meaning. He goes out of his way to divide and incite hatred, with a token out-group person on his staff serving as a fig-leaf to cover up the fact he is a despicable human.

BTW, Clinton herself called him out on that one - and this from The Guardian, not exactly The Washington Times.

Terrorists would call us infidels anyway, no matter how "accommodating" any administration is. Nor would they stop carrying out attacks if a "muscular" administration is in charge.

The deplorable part is a misquote of Clinton. "Basket of deplorables" means the white nationalists and other "racially aware" types - not the ordinary machinist in Toledo with two or three kids and who makes $25/hr 40 hrs a week 50 weeks a year.
I think some supporters feel that Trump winning the election validates that his approach of encouraging divisiveness and engaging in demeaning, prejudiced discourse is acceptable - after all, don't we all want to be winners, and the end justifies the means? If he had demonstrated different behavior while winning (possibly by a far more convincing margin, too) it's likely that his fans would proclaim their approval of him the same way. It's unlikely this dynamic will change until a different candidate ultimately wins a presidential race.

While I am not a Clinton admirer myself, Trump's behavior and dialogue is far more relevant to the country than hers today ... he was the "winner" after all.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:45 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,704,726 times
Trump recognizes the power of America and takes action to strengthen it.

Obama saw the power of America and took actions to weaken it.

Just the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies