Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 12:33 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

https://www.liveaction.org/news/trum...ed-parenthood/

"Last week,the Trump administration announced its intention to cut taxpayer funding from Planned Parenthood and other abortion facilities. Yesterday, the proposal became official. The administration released a document outlining the proposed rule, which will go into effect after a 60-day waiting period, as is standard."

There is a few interesting videos on here as well that explains this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 12:47 PM

President Donald Trump: "When I Ran for Office I Pledged to Stand for Life and I've Kept My Promise" | LifeNews.com

President Donald Trump: “When I Ran for Office I Pledged to Stand for Life, and I’ve Kept My Promise”

President Donald Trump spoke to hundreds of pro-life advocates at a national Gala tonight sponsored by the Susan B Anthony List. He talked about the pro-life accomplishments during his administration and promised to continue putting pro-life values first and foremost during his tenure as president.

“For the first time since Roe v. Wade, America has a pro-life president, a pro-life vice president, a pro-life House and 25 pro-life state capitals,” Trump explained. “I’ve kept my promise to stand for life. When I ran for office, I pledged to stand for life. That’s exactly what I’ve done.”

Old 05-23-2018, 01:00 PM

Incredible Display With the Bodies of Miscarried Babies Reveals the Humanity of Unborn Children | LifeNews.com

Incredible Display With the Bodies of Miscarried Babies Reveals the Humanity of Unborn Children

Old 05-23-2018, 01:14 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
You should get your information from other sources besides propaganda news sites devoted to their own particular cause. In the first link you shared, they have a link to the document that the others I guess are trying to say are "defunding" PP.

Per that link, which is below, and which I was already aware BTW - PP is a non-profit association and any funds it receives from Title X are received via a grant/proposal selection process. So the government cannot "defund" PP since it is not a government program. They can only change the rules for the grants and grantees, like PP must follow their rules.

Now, since you are unaware or maybe won't admit as such, PP has not used Title X funds or any federal funds for abortion because that has never been allowed.

Also, in a proposal/RFP process, grantees cannot be denied participation or consideration by the granting agency (in this case the department of health and human services) unless they are debarred for some reason or have a bad track record that would make them disqualified. Contrary to what you'd like PP doesn't have a bad track record and is not debarred so they are eligible still, like they have always been to apply for and receive grant funding from the governing agency.

Also, note that PP is a medical clinic. People who have Medicaid or private insurance can and do receive standard care at their clinics. Their bulk of business is not abortion related.

Not sure why so many of you anti-abortionists are so focused on PP for this particular issue and ignore the other things they do. Also it would behoove you to learn how they funded so that you can see (finally) that government cannot waive a wand and "de-fund" them arbitrarily since they are not a wing of government.

I would think since you are anti-abortion that you'd support PP getting more grants to offer low or no cost birth control since contraceptives are the main way to prevent abortion in the first place.

Link to document: https://www.hhs.gov/opa/sites/default/files/title-x-nprm.pdf

Old 05-23-2018, 01:48 PM

"When the time comes, as it surely will, when we face that awesome moment, the final judgment, I've often thought, as Fulton Sheen wrote, that it is a terrible moment of loneliness. You have no advocates, you are there alone standing before God -- and a terror will rip your soul like nothing you can imagine. But I really think that those in the pro-life movement will not be alone. I think there'll be a chorus of voices that have never been heard in this world but are heard beautifully and clearly in the next world -- and they will plead for everyone who has been in this movement. They will say to God, 'Spare him, because he loved us!'"

Congressman Henry Hyde

Old 05-23-2018, 01:56 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You should get your information from other sources besides propaganda news sites devoted to their own particular cause. In the first link you shared, they have a link to the document that the others I guess are trying to say are "defunding" PP.

Per that link, which is below, and which I was already aware BTW - PP is a non-profit association and any funds it receives from Title X are received via a grant/proposal selection process. So the government cannot "defund" PP since it is not a government program. They can only change the rules for the grants and grantees, like PP must follow their rules.

Now, since you are unaware or maybe won't admit as such, PP has not used Title X funds or any federal funds for abortion because that has never been allowed.

Also, in a proposal/RFP process, grantees cannot be denied participation or consideration by the granting agency (in this case the department of health and human services) unless they are debarred for some reason or have a bad track record that would make them disqualified. Contrary to what you'd like PP doesn't have a bad track record and is not debarred so they are eligible still, like they have always been to apply for and receive grant funding from the governing agency.

Also, note that PP is a medical clinic. People who have Medicaid or private insurance can and do receive standard care at their clinics. Their bulk of business is not abortion related.

Not sure why so many of you anti-abortionists are so focused on PP for this particular issue and ignore the other things they do. Also it would behoove you to learn how they funded so that you can see (finally) that government cannot waive a wand and "de-fund" them arbitrarily since they are not a wing of government.

I would think since you are anti-abortion that you'd support PP getting more grants to offer low or no cost birth control since contraceptives are the main way to prevent abortion in the first place.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:58 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
"The moral answer is always less spending." - F. DeForest

Old 05-23-2018, 02:05 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
"When the time comes, as it surely will, when we face that awesome moment, the final judgment, I've often thought, as Fulton Sheen wrote, that it is a terrible moment of loneliness. You have no advocates, you are there alone standing before God -- and a terror will rip your soul like nothing you can imagine. But I really think that those in the pro-life movement will not be alone. I think there'll be a chorus of voices that have never been heard in this world but are heard beautifully and clearly in the next world -- and they will plead for everyone who has been in this movement. They will say to God, 'Spare him, because he loved us!'"

Congressman Henry Hyde
Yes, we know. It's not about abortion, never was. It's about separating the worthy from the unworthy. It's about scoring brownie points with God, not by your own deeds, but by telling others what to do. But it's rare to see an open admission - thanks for making it this clear.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:10 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Yes, we know. It's not about abortion, never was. It's about separating the worthy from the unworthy. It's about scoring brownie points with God, not by your own deeds, but by telling others what to do. But it's rare to see an open admission - thanks for making it this clear.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:22 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Yawn. It will get challenged, and the attorneys will make money.

Abortion is not going to go away, stuff like this will get knocked down by the courts over and over.

What a massive waste of time and effort. If the right would finally admit that abortion is here to stay, and the left would try and stop making the government cover it financially we would avoid a lot of needless conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies