Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 02:05 PM

23,616 posts, read 12,543,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump makes Memorial Day about himself [b]then follows with a string of "Spygate" rants.[/b[

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump
Happy Memorial Day! Those who died for our great country would be very happy and proud at how well our country is doing today. Best economy in decades, lowest unemployment numbers for Blacks and Hispanics EVER (& women in 18years), rebuilding our Military and so much more. Nice!

President Obama
This Memorial Day, I hope you'll join me in acts of remembrance. The debt we owe our fallen heroes is one we can never truly repay.
6:00 AM - 30 May 2016
"then follows with a string of "Spygate" rants."

Along with making three more Memorial Day tweets. Since they were nice tweets you decided not to include them in your rant? They didn't fit your agenda?

"Our fallen heroes have not only written our history they have shaped our destiny. They saved the lives of the men and women with whom they served. They cared for their families more than anything in the world, they loved their families. They inspired their communities..."

"The heroes who rest in these hallowed fields, in cemeteries, battlefields, and burial grounds near and far are drawn the full tapestry of American life. They came from every generation from towering cities and wind swept prairies, from privilege and from poverty..."

"Thank you for joining us on this solemn day of remembrance. We are gathered here on the sacred soil of @ArlingtonNatl Cemetery to honor the lives and deeds of America's greatest heroes, the men and women who laid down their lives for our freedom. #MemorialDay"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 02:09 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
"then follows with a string of "Spygate" rants."

Along with making three more Memorial Day tweets. Since they were nice tweets you decided not to include them in your rant? They didn't fit your agenda?

"Our fallen heroes have not only written our history they have shaped our destiny. They saved the lives of the men and women with whom they served. They cared for their families more than anything in the world, they loved their families. They inspired their communities..."

"The heroes who rest in these hallowed fields, in cemeteries, battlefields, and burial grounds near and far are drawn the full tapestry of American life. They came from every generation from towering cities and wind swept prairies, from privilege and from poverty..."

"Thank you for joining us on this solemn day of remembrance. We are gathered here on the sacred soil of @ArlingtonNatl Cemetery to honor the lives and deeds of America's greatest heroes, the men and women who laid down their lives for our freedom. #MemorialDay"
Those 3 tweets are excerpts from his afternoon speech - a coherent speech written by speech writers. They do not excuse his real Trump morning tweet storm.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:17 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Great post. I love that - the Me in Memorial Day.

After from Trump's inability to speak without bragging (even when the brag is misplaced) - he's also rarely unable to praise anything except from the standpoint of money/profit. So typical that he imagines the dead would be most happy to hear about our economy. Hm ... I wonder how many of our dead would be happy to hear that Trump is doing nothing to block Russia hacking our elections? (I won't even go into the question fo collusion/conspiracy.)
This, so much.

Money is not everything. I could handle it if he talked about our war dead being happy because we've finally achieved peace, or freed the enslaved somewhere, but...money? It's one of the most telling remarks he has ever made. It's hard for me to imagine anyone who has lost a loved one to war believing that their life was a reasonable price to pay for a bull market or a bit of cheap gas...oh, wait...forget that last bit.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:40 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

For most of America, Obama's presidency was 8 years of struggle, without much to show for it at the end besides more debt and more uncertainty. For many millennials, the promise of "hope and change" materialized into a lost decade.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:43 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
True.

What was BO gonna gloat over- a falling Labor Force Participation Rate? More food stamp users?
Who gloats on Memorial Day?

Geez you guys are pathetic.

Old 05-28-2018, 02:46 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Trump triggered the plantation then went about his official Memorial Day duty.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-...y-live-stream/

Old 05-28-2018, 02:52 PM

23,616 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Those 3 tweets are excerpts from his afternoon speech - a coherent speech written by speech writers. They do not excuse his real Trump morning tweet storm.
excuses, excuses

Old 05-28-2018, 03:06 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Trump makes Memorial Day about himself then follows with a string of "Spygate" rants.

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump
Happy Memorial Day! Those who died for our great country would be very happy and proud at how well our country is doing today. Best economy in decades, lowest unemployment numbers for Blacks and Hispanics EVER (& women in 18years), rebuilding our Military and so much more. Nice!

President Obama
This Memorial Day, I hope you'll join me in acts of remembrance. The debt we owe our fallen heroes is one we can never truly repay.
Trumps message is showing hope and pride in America, Obummer choked out a generic statement through gritted teeth, while his so called "wife" proclaimed "all this for a GD flag?",,we will never forget

Old 05-28-2018, 03:25 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Trump makes Memorial Day about himself then follows with a string of "Spygate" rants.

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump

President Obama

Trump certainly can tweet obnoxious comments....
using MDay in this way sickens me.

Old 05-28-2018, 03:32 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
I don't even need to see an old Memorial Day proclamation from Obama or any other previous president to know that Trump's tweet today was a superficial all about him self serving congratulatory pat on the back. But what would we expect from such a POS person as the Orange Menace?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies