Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 01:06 PM

1,022 posts, read 739,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
And you truly believe his Memorial Day wishes were good? Really? I can't think of any good holiday wishes where a person pats him/herself on the back. Please. This isn't a left/right thing, it's a human thing.
OK. No left or right.

Does saying Merry Christmas bother you ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 01:19 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
OK. No left or right.

Does saying Merry Christmas bother you ?
Either you didn't read Trump's quote, or you are just being adversarial. Merry Christmas does not bother me (I'm Jewish), but if a boss said at an office xmas party "Merry Christmas to all, and I have done an awesome job building this company so we can have parties like this" would. But if you enjoy that, good for you.

Old 06-03-2018, 01:32 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
The Obama worshippers will never get it. Only in the last 17 months has the American economy made a turnaround after nine years in a grave. And many, many people are finally going back to work. Companies are getting bigger checks. Businesses are moving back to the U.S. Great things began to happen. President Trump initiated a grand plan, and it has worked. Now, he didn't get much help from Congress, but the American people put their best feet forward. It's really a people effort and not really a government effort. And it's been refreshing.

I give Trump credit. Look, someone had to stand up when no one else did. No politician would ever pull this off, and, so, it's taken an everyday businessman. The economy's going to continue to blossom and burgeon whether anyone likes Trump or not.
The pace of job creation is just about the same as pre-Trump. So if you describe this pace of job growth as "many, many people are finally going back to work" you should acknowledge that many, many people have been returning to work for about 5 years now.

Old 06-03-2018, 01:40 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
the Obamakins never realized Bush led us out of the recession, not Obama. Bush bailed out the auto industry, Bush began the TARP before leaving office. The recession ended five months after Obama took office. He just followed Bushs' plan. Obama even extended the Bush Tax cuts.

Old 06-03-2018, 01:45 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The pace of job creation is just about the same as pre-Trump. So if you describe this pace of job growth as "many, many people are finally going back to work" you should acknowledge that many, many people have been returning to work for about 5 years now.
Exactly but I'm thinking, in spite of the pain, this could be an interesting experiment. Let Trump take the country isolationist, impose tariffs, let our allies impose tariffs back, targeting Trump supporting states, let Trump pull out of NAFTA, thus tearing down the stock market, let it all play out. Let Trump do what he wants and let it be an education for red states. Then let the country regionalize so blue states aren't on the hook with the resulting red state mess.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:11 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Exactly but I'm thinking, in spite of the pain, this could be an interesting experiment. Let Trump take the country isolationist, impose tariffs, let our allies impose tariffs back, targeting Trump supporting states, let Trump pull out of NAFTA, thus tearing down the stock market, let it all play out. Let Trump do what he wants and let it be an education for red states. Then let the country regionalize so blue states aren't on the hook with the resulting red state mess.
Except that the rest of the world may discover the US is not as critical to their success as we like to believe. I'm sure Canada and Mexico would prefer to trade with us, but it may be they may find other more reliable trading partner elsewhere. The damage could be long lasting.

Same could be said for the Pacific rim. I'm sure there could be improvements to TPP, but with the US out the other countries are proceeding and adjusting to the US not being part of the trade pact. The US not committing to it appears to have strengthened China's hand.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Except that the rest of the world may discover the US is not as critical to their success as we like to believe. I'm sure Canada and Mexico would prefer to trade with us, but it may be they may find other more reliable trading partner elsewhere. The damage could be long lasting.

Same could be said for the Pacific rim. I'm sure there could be improvements to TPP, but with the US out the other countries are proceeding and adjusting to the US not being part of the trade pact. The US not committing to it appears to have strengthened China's hand.
I think that will happen, yes. I think the other countries are going to learn they can do without the U.S. The next step needs to be for the country to regionalize. Allow blue states to negotiate their own agreements with other countries and let Trump country deal with the mess they created for themselves.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:16 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I'd give Trump credit if the threw out a donut. Problem is, he throws so much feces the donuts are easy to miss.
I see TDS still exists.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:24 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Again as someone else mentioned... History is not your area if expertise... or apparently - interest.

Bush Ties Policy to Record Home Ownership | Fox News

"ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – President Bush on Friday promoted his efforts to help Americans, especially minorities, "realize their dreams" of home ownership as he wooed the large Hispanic population of a state he barely lost four years ago.

"We want more people owning their own home in America," Bush said. His goal is to have 5.5 million minority homeowners in the country by the end of the decade.
To his right was a sign apparently manufactured by the White House that read, "A home of your own." Aides also issued a news release titled "Dismantling The Barriers To Homeownership" to further underscore the message of the day."
bush (who was quite liberal) CONTINUED the liberal Clinton policy..... still a liberal origin

Old 06-03-2018, 04:01 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the Obamakins never realized Bush led us out of the recession, not Obama. Bush bailed out the auto industry, Bush began the TARP before leaving office. The recession ended five months after Obama took office. He just followed Bushs' plan. Obama even extended the Bush Tax cuts.
Bush saved us? I can' barely breath from riotous laughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies