Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2018, 11:17 PM

73,116 posts, read 62,771,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
For the libertarians here, a good book to read is The Warmth of Other Suns about the great migration of blacks from south to north during the 20th century.

The author conducted detailed interviews of people who had migrated in that era. One of them was a black physician who moved from GA to California, IIRC in the 1950s. It's interesting (and appalling) to read about his journey, and his futile efforts to rent motel rooms along the way. Even sympathetic motel owners wouldn't let him in, because they said that other owners would cause problems for them if found out.

I am libertarian-oriented myself, but sometimes there is a need to look at things pragmatically.
I haven't read The Warmth of Other Suns. However, I've listened to videos about black baseball players who dealt with the same problems during the 40s and 50s. Being refused service in many places. Many of the Negro League players had to sleep in the team buses because they had trouble finding hotels that would let them stay.

The whole idea that the free market would solve everything isn't not as clear cut as people think. History has shown that businesses have been able to thrive while refusing customers because of their race. Some people aren't willing to look at this pragmatically. Some people are more about ideology and fundamentalism more than anything else. Some people only use the libertarian label to mask their true intentions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Unprotected sex is necessary to keep the human race going. Yeah, let's stamp that out.

By the way, the "racists lynching people" thing is fake history.
Sex between married couples is needed for the continuation of the human race. Unprotected sex between unmarried and the promiscuous has a higher likelihood of problems in the future.

Racist persons lynching people is not fake history. If it was so fake, explain the lynchings that took place back in the old days. Is that fake?

Old 06-08-2018, 11:27 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,400,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Sex between married couples is needed for the continuation of the human race. Unprotected sex between unmarried and the promiscuous has a higher likelihood of problems in the future.

Racist persons lynching people is not fake history. If it was so fake, explain the lynchings that took place back in the old days. Is that fake?
Yes. People were lynched for committing serious crimes that outraged the community. The notion that innocent people were lynched because of their race is a racist lie.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:28 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,129,886 times
Quote:
That's the point. The place your talking about isn't "open for business". It's a private establishment.
As long as your a shop that requires a way of getting in that has nothing to do with sex/race/orientation/religion/political affiliation/extra terrestrial species of human or above intelligence that just wants a cold drink.

You can just put a sign that says private. That would be pretty simple honestly. But if you put "no blacks/whites/gays/muslims/klingons/women/men/browns/asians) then yeah, your gonna have problems..

Old 06-08-2018, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Yes. People were lynched for committing serious crimes that outraged the community. The notion that innocent people were lynched because of their race is a racist lie.
I got a link to an image of a black man charred and lynched. White folks just smiling at the camera like "job well done". IDK if I can post it here. But it's one of the most gruesome images I've seen.

If you belive racially motivated lynchings are a lie, go back to stormfront..

Old 06-08-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
I got a link to an image of a black man charred and lynched. White folks just smiling at the camera like "job well done". IDK if I can post it here. But it's one of the most gruesome images I've seen.

If you believe racially motivated lynchings are a lie, go back to stormfront..
People being lynched because of their race, rather than their actions, is a lie. People being pleased with the lynching of a criminal is not a lie.

And if you hate white people so much, go back to Mexico.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
People being lynched because of their race, rather than their actions, is a lie. People being pleased with the lynching of a criminal is not a lie. And if you hate white people so much, go back to Mexico.
Are you from a timeline where the 1950s did not happen?

I don't hate white people. Infact, other Mexicans are guilty of killing blacks in South Central Los Angeles. I'm ashamed of them and condemn them.

You're pretty delusional if you think that blacks didn't have to fear for their lives around white areas in the past especially anytime before the 60s.

The fact that we are having this argument is absurd.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:53 PM

Yes, I felt the same way. I felt like I was either dealing with idiocracy or just lies. Only liars and bigots would say that racists lynching people is fake history. They are no different than Holocaust denial types.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:55 PM

Quote:
People being lynched because of their race, rather than their actions, is a lie. People being pleased with the lynching of a criminal is not a lie.

And if you hate white people so much, go back to Mexico.
Most lynchings occurred because of allegations. There was no actual proof that a crime was committed. Just some very racist people who were more likely to let justice take its course had the accused been White.

Old 06-08-2018, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Are you from a timeline where the 1950s did not happen?

I don't hate white people. Infact, other Mexicans are guilty of killing blacks in South Central Los Angeles. I'm ashamed of them and condemn them.

You're pretty delusional if you think that blacks didn't have to fear for their lives around white areas in the past especially anytime before the 60s.
You're delusional if you think they did. The notion that blacks were randomly lynched is a total fabrication. A lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies