Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 10:53 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
For the first time I agree with you.

Comey wasn't incompetent, he did exactly what he was put in to do.

The problem is, she didn't win, and now they have to answer for what they have done.
That'snice. Entirely not what I said. Unless you agree the term "corrupt incompetence" makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 10:55 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
there is still the little issue of some tens of thousands of Hillary's emails on Weiners laptop...

depending on what you read online - may be something else brewing there. we shall see. almost like a big Rubicks cube is being solved and then it opens up to find the prize of truth.
Fun fact.

Looking at the Strozk/Page text messages, nowhere do they discuss reviewing the new emails found on Weiner's laptop.

In the text messages they only talk about how they can justify not looking at the new emails.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I suspect Hillary is incapable of telling the truth...but especially so when in obvious poor health and caught up in the insanity of a presidential campaign. America dodged a bullet by keeping her out of office.
We were still wounded.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
That really does'nt make much sense. If you are incompetent you are probably not self aware that you are.

Okay. Now you are saying someone put him there to be incompetent. Kind of silly because that would be like a gun in a toddlers hand. You never know who gets shot.
*See Tsarnaevs brothers.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:17 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I noted that Comey should have been fired years ago. This is not to defend Trump. Corrupt, incompetence is corrupt incompetence and that is James Comey.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doj-...ry?id=55670834
I see nothing new about Comey. If that's the worst the IG has to say about him, no big deal. Anything short of tanking the email investigation or complicity in shady activity in the Russia/Trump campaign investigation is a flop.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:28 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I see nothing new about Comey. If that's the worst the IG has to say about him, no big deal. Anything short of tanking the email investigation or complicity in shady activity in the Russia/Trump campaign investigation is a flop.

We know the IG is going to be very critical of how the FBI handled Hillary's email investigation, we don't have to speculate, the FBI has already put out so much information about how badly they handled the investigation.

The only question is whether or not serious charges will be recommended for Comey, and gang.

If I was a betting man, no serious charges are forthcoming. Yep, they are all going to get away with it with only the IG wagging his finger at them for what they did.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:31 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
IG's report comes-out and I bet there is a lot of illegalities spelled-out.

Guess what though, nobody is going to do real time, that is just the way it is.........one system for US and one system for THEM.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:32 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I believe being incompetent and not stepping down is corrupt. Comey was incompetent. He was put there to be incompetent which is corrupt also.
I'm with you on that, cuz I, myself, was victimized by purposely placed incompetent government officials, in order for them to help create and extend a corruption.

The Government then defended itself with "the stupid card" to "avoid" any malice or corruption charges.

The stupid card always seems to work - for the Government - to convince the public - for its sympathy.

One of the purposed incompetents whispered to me that their acts were needed because of the "color of money" thing.

In my case, the participants all believed that they were supporting the right cause, plus they were rewarded, where they might have been - demoted or replaced.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 06-06-2018 at 11:51 AM..

Old 06-06-2018, 11:45 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Comey's announcement hurt her and it's foolish to think it didn't.
He backed up, went forward, and tried to go the other way by maneuver a W-Turn to go the other way.

How does anyone else get themselves out from between two (too) close parked cars?

It can be a struggle if you're seen bumping another's parked car. (Especially in New York!)

Old 06-06-2018, 02:53 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I love how so many Trump supporters and Trump himself always whine and complain about how he handled the Clinton investigation, yet they don't address how Comey's televised announcement of the reopening of the Clinton investigation by the FBI 11 days before the election probably cost her the presidency.

At the time, Trump praised Comey for doing that, saying he was "very brave" and many Trump supporters here on City-Data applauded Comey. So make up your minds, Trump voters -- do you love or hate Comey?
Like so many, I was stunned by the reopening and closing of the Hillary email investigation so near the election. The Russians/Putin were giving it their best to install Trump in a presidency where he didn't/doesn't belong. The Hillary announcement just added to the travesty.

That being said, the opposite of Trump, Comey gives every indication of integrity, intelligence (including emotional maturity) and conscience. Sometimes, in life and profession, an ethical person is faced with a situation of which few know the totality. Where there is no win. There is only doing your best to do the right thing given the totality of what you know or are aware of. Or taking a short cut you know is wrong. That was Comey's reality. Anyone looking at it from the perspective of or aligned with one segment of the **** pie won't see it the same way. If Comey had a do over, knowing what he does now, there would be other factors he would have to weigh. Hindsight is closer to 20/20. For almost all of us.

Of course, Trumpers swarm on that **** pie as just one more excuse, deflection and avoidance of Trump's massive history, recent and past, of lying, corruptness, malfeasance and wrongdoing. In this political climate, doing things for the right reason has become wrong in the world of Trump who flip flops constantly depending upon what and who he hopes will work for him at the moment. Where ethics and standards that used to be striven for and aspirational, are now disdained and disparaged by Trumpers as a weakness and not a strength.

The old adage, "strain at a gnat and swallow a camel" is apropos of Trumpers. Strain at a Comey gnat and mouths wide open to receive and swallow a constant, steady parade of flaming Trump camels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies