Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2018, 09:59 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
And pro-lifers should be known as pro-birthers since they have made it abundantly clear that once that sacred "baby" has left the birth canal all bets are off.
That is a lie told so many times no one believes it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
You describe me. I am pro-choice as it is not my place to tell another person what they can do to their body. While I won't say anti-choice (not pro-abortion... that is a word designed to inflame), I do think that abortion should not be used as a simple means of birth control. Granted the majority are not, but some do use it that way, and that doesn't sit right with me.
Do you think the government can tell you to support abortions because that is what they are doing, you know, with your tax dollars.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:07 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Are men whose partners had miscarriages also "fathers" to that tissue?

Old 06-13-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Are men whose partners had miscarriages also "fathers" to that tissue?
They are fathers of miscarried babies. Many women mourn their miscarriages, especially the ones who long to have a child. They have support groups to help them. Don't be so cold hearted.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:12 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Do you think the government can tell you to support abortions because that is what they are doing, you know, with your tax dollars.

And this is a lie told so many times only fact averse pro-lifers believe it.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:22 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That is a lie told so many times no one believes it.

It's not a lie.

Healthcare is a perfect example.

Pro-lifers claim finances shouldn't determine if a woman chooses to end her pregnancy, yet, in the same breath, they will say healthcare in not a right, despite the fact that denying healthcare, based on one's ability to pay, puts a price on life.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:48 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,589,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
They were not fathers and “babies” were not aborted. Fetuses were. End of story.
Using a scientific classification to define an unborn human baby, doesn't take away from the fact that a fetus is ... an unborn human baby.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:56 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,589,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Why do newspapers never publish obituaries when a woman miscarries? Why no graves with names for these "babies", why no funerals for them?
My twins were given both an obituary and a funeral, names too ... could be if one spends time reading the obituaries they might find more of the same?

Old 06-14-2018, 04:31 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
They were not fathers and “babies” were not aborted. Fetuses were. End of story.
Fetal homicide laws. I'm still not sure why the fathers couldn't press fetal homicide charges against mothers who've aborted. If the situation were reversed, the father could be charged with fetal homicide if he intentionally killed his own fetal child.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:50 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Actually, a c-section is far riskier than an abortion
I'm going to have to agree with that. I almost died during my 2nd c-section but for the talent and swift actions of the physicians to whom I entrusted my and my baby's lives (I also happened to do unrelated professional work for them at the time, so we knew each other quite well, including cracking jokes in the OR). There's ALWAYS the OB and a surgical assist MD in the OR for that very reason.

My 2nd baby presenting exactly the same as the first, which necessitated a c-section. The 2nd was another V-shaped (head and feet at the top) breech 9-pounder. I'm a 5'8" 135 lb woman. Too big to be turned into the proper position in the uterus. There's NO way those babies were coming out the normal way.

Well, I crashed. Nothing like hearing a "code blue" called to your own OR before you black out. No explicable reason for the incident. Scared the crap out of my husband as he was rapidly shooed out of the OR. I can only imagine the paralytic fear he experienced at that point.

But it all ended well. More OR joking after I was resuscitated and vitals stabilized. My MDs even asked me, "What the hell was THAT?" And my retort: "Aren't YOU supposed to know?" The result? Perfectly healthy baby. Healthy Mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies