Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 07:41 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times

Advertisements

'Roseanne' spinoff officially picked up at ABC without Roseanne Barr's involvement | Fox News

Quote:
While Roseanne Barr may be done at ABC, the characters she helped create are poised for a comeback. ABC has given a series order to a spinoff of “Roseanne” that will not include Barr, but will include the rest of her on-screen family.
I cant believe this nonsense! CBS is not only greedy but stupid. And I am really shocked that John Goodman had no problem doing this show without Barr. Sara Gilbert..sure, I would expect nothing less from that loser..but Goodman?

Some of the comments are humorous:

Quote:
What are they going to call it, Darlene. Yeah right, we're going to watch that crap.
Quote:
How does ABC save face by doing this? The star of the show will be missing. Wipe the egg off your face ABC and bring her back. You can't have it both ways. You're guilty of the same racism for which you fired her. Liberal hypocrites!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 07:43 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
I don't think this new show will last.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:01 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Womp Womp!

I imagine Ms. Barr will file suit to stop production. I believe, if I recall correctly, that she actually owns all or part of the show, and, if so, I bet she included rights to spin-offs (she is old enough, and smart enough, to recall the 1970s shows and how they would have spin-offs).

Of course, it could be that she simply reserved the right to MONEY from any spin-offs, and not the right to halt production. We shall see. My wife did like the re-booted Roseanne show.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
As long as they're a bunch of Trump supporting knuckleheads, all the goobers and droolers will still tune in to watch.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:03 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
'Roseanne' spinoff officially picked up at ABC without Roseanne Barr's involvement | Fox News

I cant believe this nonsense! CBS is not only greedy but stupid. And I am really shocked that John Goodman had no problem doing this show without Barr. Sara Gilbert..sure, I would expect nothing less from that loser..but Goodman?

Some of the comments are humorous:
What? Are you missing the skit where Roseanne bakes jewish gingerbread men in the over? Sorry to disappoint you.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:05 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
I read that Roseanne was willing to sign off on making any money from a spin off as an attempt to make amends for everyone losing their job.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:15 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I read that Roseanne was willing to sign off on making any money from a spin off as an attempt to make amends for everyone losing their job.
I bet this show does well.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:23 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:

That has a ring of truth to it. It would be very handsome of Ms. Barr to do so.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:31 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
As long as they're a bunch of Trump supporting knuckleheads, all the goobers and droolers will still tune in to watch.
Did you ever actually watch an episode of the new show? Or are you just parroting what you read on CD or some review on a blog or something? I ask because while 2 characters on the show, Dan and Roseanne, were obvious Trump supporters, there were many other characters on the show that did not fall into that category. The show was actually quite diverse with it's politics and content. I'd say more, but I gotta go wipe this drool of my chin real quick.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:34 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
I believe this is probably the case. I honestly think Roseanne feels bad that her mistakes affected all those people's lives in such a negative way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies