Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 12:01 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Societies that make it a practice to run someone out or hound them out of a public place are neither polite nor decent. I would not have been okay with someone doing this to Susan Rice or Valerie Jarrett - not that I heard stories of people doing it, let alone others defending such crass behavior, since it never happened. The actions of a few fools bothers me way less than the public and media support of what should be unacceptable behavior.

well said my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The hard line conservative actions of Trumps Administration are not liked by the majority of people in this country. Trump has a 4 year term. The only way to let him know anything is to get on cable TV news.

Even people in his party have to talk to him through TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I think you're very wrong. As with the election - people are afraid to admit they like Trump and his decisions because they receive such flack from those on the left - just as many of us didn't care for Obama - but kept our mouths shut or we were accused of being racist.

I didn't care for Obama because of his policies and how I felt he didn't address situations that would benefit all "Americans" but only select groups. Had nothing to do with the man's color - but that's what his supporters assumed.

I'm called a Trumper because I do believe many of his policies will benefit this country - but I don't always agree with him or how he handles things. To you on the left - I'm still considered a Trumper - and yet I think most of the so called "Trumpers" are just like me - we look at this administration as mostly positive but there are things we disagree with and may have done differently ourselves.

As far as I'm concerned - Trump has made himself more available to the common man by doing so many rallies even before the upcoming elections mattered - than any other president in recent history.

well said xray. those of us on the right like trumps policies, and we have for longer than trump has been running for office. i liked them when reagan was implementing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Haha -- Pam Bondi. Couldn't happen to a nastier witch.

This woman has a sleazy swampy past, has been appointed by a swampy Rick Scott, proposed forcing welfare recipients take drug tests (ironically, immediately before Trey Radel, a Fla GOP congressman, was being busted for coke).

It's is poetic justice watching this strutting pretentious phony being insulted. If anyone deserves it, she does.

People keep asking 'whatever happened to consequences and being held to account?' This is what happens--people react in kind.

"....Pam Bondi attempted to attend a screening of the Mister Rogers documentary a day after announcing her plan to end protections for health care consumers with pre-existing conditions. Here, via @timintampa, is what happened....."
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
This is the same Pam Bondi that refused to prosecute Trump for defrauding the citizens of Florida after he donated 25k to her election right?

Sounds like she is very deserving of being called out.

there is a time and place for everything, and when someone is sitting down to have a quiet dinner with their friends and loved ones, is not the time or place. these protesters not only disrupt the people they are after, they also disrupt others as well.

if you want to express your dissatisfaction with someone, or the things they do, then write to the papers, get on TV and let your words be heard, get on the radio, get in their face when they are campaigning for office, but dont do it when they are in a restaurant having dinner. that only shows how shrill the left have gotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I am looking forward to the next thread on the subject of Christian activists harassing women as they walk into Planned Parenthood clinics. Clearly you will be there to forcefully condemn the activists, right?

i dont agree with harassing women who go into planned parenthood clinics either. but i also dont agree with abortion either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Some Americans don't like what they are doing. Some Americans didn't like what Obama and his admin were doing. Some didn't like what Bush, or Bill Clinton, or Bush Sr., or Reagan, or Carter were doing either. It will always be that way. Should this be how we handle it from now on? Hate and venom and harassment? What happens if the right follows the left's lead? Sick antifa on them? Turn screaming and yelling in to skull bashing? Grow the hell up. Whoever told you that your side gets to win every election was lying to you. Handle it like a grownup.

well said my friend. we have to get civility back into politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 12:05 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well said my friend. we have to get civility back into politics.
Tweet it to the president--his mission is to make it uncivil, and he's been successful at it.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Tweet it to the president--his mission is to make it uncivil, and he's been successful at it.

really? how many republicans hit the streets in rallies and got in the faces of liberals? how many republicans had violent protests during the obama administration over his policies?

the lack of civility is coming from the left.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Targeting gop and harassing them is fascism
Free speech should be for every one
The dems no longer believe in dem process

Old 06-24-2018, 01:41 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe Republicans will begin to understand Americans don't like what they are doing.
Americans like it fine, liberal fascists don't. It's funny, liberals use Nazi brownshirt tactics day in and day out and then call everyone else Nazis.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:21 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
really? how many republicans hit the streets in rallies and got in the faces of liberals? how many republicans had violent protests during the obama administration over his policies?

Why would Republicans / conservatives hit the streets & confront libs anyways? According to most of you everything is fine under the leadership of your fuhrer.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:31 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why would Republicans / conservatives hit the streets & confront libs anyways? According to most of you everything is fine under the leadership of your fuhrer.
Under your fuhrer, Barack Obama, the Republicans did not act out like this, even though they had no more respect for Obama than lefsts do for Trump.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:43 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:

Wrong.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:46 PM

4,056 posts, read 2,135,556 times
I don't think a movie theater on her private time is the time or place to protest what she does and what she stands for. Visit her at her office. Attend government meetings that are open to the public.

But---it's the height of irony that she was going to see the new Mr. Rogers movie...about a man who was genuinely all about kindness. Wonder what he would say about some of the policies she wants and enforces?

Old 06-24-2018, 02:47 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
more detail and a video

Quote:
"The video they are choosing to share is of the least aggressive portion of the attack that transpired after police arrived to control the scene. What they are not sharing publicly are several previous encounters involving large men getting in the Attorney General's face, spitting and blocking her exit," Ray said.

Fox News reports that Bondi, who was watching a documentary about Mr. Rogers, didn't think that the activist's behavior aligned with what Mr. Rogers taught.

"We were in a movie about anti-bullying and practicing peace and love and tolerance and accepting of people for their differences," she said. “We all believe in free speech, but there's a big difference there."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/32228...-ryan-saavedra
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies