Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 06:49 PM

30,182 posts, read 11,821,267 times

Advertisements

https://theintercept.com/2018/06/25/...-nsa-spy-hubs/

If civil liberties are important to you and they should be important to every American to read the link. If you are an AT&T customer you should consider how they are the NSA's most trusted partner.

Personally, I will vote for people who put our civil liberties ahead of giving the NSA whatever they want. Unfortunately there are few politicans doing this. Remember these agencies work for us not the other way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2018, 06:53 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,124,162 times
Let's see how many replies this thread gets compared to the ones about Mueller, Sanders, and Stormy.

My guess is a mere fraction, as the real issues are far too complicated for most of the posters here.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:07 PM

1,348 posts, read 793,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Let's see how many replies this thread gets compared to the ones about Mueller, Sanders, and Stormy.

My guess is a mere fraction, as the real issues are far too complicated for most of the posters here.
Not only that, millions of Americans WANT and TRUST to Fed Gov to handle their lives so, likely, aren't very bothered by whatever they do. It's completely obvious from the compliant Bernie wing. They haven't a clue what freedoms they would be giving up to allow Fed Gov control of their medical care, their college educations, ETC, ETC.

Thanks for the info, Jack. Was in a Verizon store about a month ago and noticed that flip phones are back in their available inventory. There is revived demand for old-style phones for people who don't want their calls and messages to be recorded by the NSA.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:15 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,772,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Not only that, millions of Americans WANT and TRUST to Fed Gov to handle their lives so, likely, aren't very bothered by whatever they do. It's completely obvious from the compliant Bernie wing. They haven't a clue what freedoms they would be giving up to allow Fed Gov control of their medical care, their college educations, ETC, ETC.

Thanks for the info, Jack. Was in a Verizon store about a month ago and noticed that flip phones are back in their available inventory. There is revived demand for old-style phones for people who don't want their calls and messages to be recorded by the NSA.
Not only that, Facebook knows everything about you if you are on their platform and Google follows you everywhere you go if you have an Android phone, you can turn it off but if you need it for another application you have to turn it back on and they make it near impossible to turn it on for only specific apps. One time I was checking something and Google had my date of Birth which I had never given to them, so they scan and review everything you fill out online and keep the info to try to monetize it while disregarding your privacy.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:17 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
“(AT&T provides) voluntary assistance to law enforcement when a person’s life is in danger and in other immediate, emergency situations. In all cases, we ensure that requests for assistance are valid and that we act in compliance with the law.”
- Jim Greer, AT&T spokesperson

I wonder if AT&T has a presence in Libya? Last week I started a thread (went mostly ignored) which reported that the U.S. has been using drone strikes in Libya an average of once every five days over the last 7.5 years.

Is AT&T "reaching out and touching someone" when a drone is about to kill a baby in Tripoli? I'm guessing the "person's life is in danger and in other immediate emergency situations" rule doesn't apply then.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:22 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,512,774 times
They aren't really very top secret anymore.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:27 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
I always assume everyone is being spied on.

Whoever's looking at my text is probably woefully bored of all my dog photos and texting recipes among my friends.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:48 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,845 times
I think those of us on the left warned you about this as all you righties were getting thigh sweats over the patriot act.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:51 PM

1,348 posts, read 793,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I think those of us on the left warned you about this as all you righties were getting thigh sweats over the patriot act.
I knew numerous people on the Right who were not happy about the Patriot Act so, maybe in your little world it was different but, that isn't representative.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:51 PM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
AT&T been on this gig for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies