Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you could see abortion and gay marriage banned would you want to?
Trump supporter: Reverse Obergefell and Roe (both decisions) 29 15.18%
Trump supporter: Reverse Roe (abortion) 16 8.38%
Trump supporter: Reverse Obergefell (gay marriage) 7 3.66%
Trump supporter: Both decisions should remain as they are 64 33.51%
Not a Trump supporter 75 39.27%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 08:05 AM

36,576 posts, read 30,907,841 times

Advertisements

I would not want to see either reversed. I voted for Trump based on issues other than abortion and gay rights. This is where republicans who believe in LESS government need to put their religious moral high ground aside. These two issues affect only those parties personally involved not the well being of the country as a whole.
And I support both abortion rights and gay marriage 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 08:09 AM

17,349 posts, read 11,305,123 times
Nothing is going to be reversed. This is nothing more than the usual scare tactics and phobias put out there by both sides and people that have no clue how the Supreme Court functions. Both these issues are done deals.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:11 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,601,093 times
well, the poll results should put the OP's endless paranoia about a hideous future deprived of abortion and gay marriage to rest permanently.

but it won't. he'll go on howling about 'a handmaid's tale', persecution fantasies involving mandatory execution of gay people, ad nauseum - as if this never happened.

just watch.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:13 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Nothing is going to be reversed. This is nothing more than the usual scare tactics and phobias put out there by both sides and people that have no clue how the Supreme Court functions. Both these issues are done deals.
Are Trump supporters denying the FACT that Trump is choosing from a list of 25 nominees that oppose abortion? Are they going to really say with a straight face that what Trump has said into microphones is not true? That the litmus test for Trump will be that they oppose abortion because the list of 25 nominees is based on that?

Old 06-28-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
well, the poll results should put the OP's endless paranoia about a hideous future deprived of abortion and gay marriage to rest permanently.

but it won't. he'll go on howling about 'a handmaid's tale', persecution fantasies involving mandatory execution of gay people, ad nauseum - as if this never happened.

just watch.
The original OP constantly puts out anti Republican threads and seriously believes that all or the vast majority of Republicans think the same way Evangelicals do. I hope this poll opens his eyes but I doubt it will.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:17 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Quote:
The original OP constantly puts out anti Republican threads and seriously believes that all or the vast majority of Republicans think the same way Evangelicals do. I hope this poll opens his eyes but I doubt it will.
right. i think he takes great comfort in feeling persecuted. it's odd.

12,016 posts, read 12,778,111 times
So which party is the party of freedom and keeping big Government out of your womb and your marriage certificate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Are Trump supporters denying the FACT that Trump is choosing from a list of 25 nominees that oppose abortion? Are they going to really say with a straight face that what Trump has said into microphones is not true? That the litmus test for Trump will be that they oppose abortion because the list of 25 nominees is based on that?
It doesn't matter. The Supreme Court almost NEVER reverses itself on previous decisions much less hears them again once a matter has been closed unless you go back to the 1800s. They are not chomping at the bits waiting in anticipation to make abortion illegal again. They could have already done that if they wanted to. They already have the votes needed regardless of Trumps picks to at least open the issue up again but they won't do it. It's done, finished, stick a fork in it.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:20 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter. The Supreme Court almost NEVER reverses itself on previous decisions much less hears them again once a matter has been closed unless you go back to the 1800s. They are not chomping at the bits waiting in anticipation to make abortion illegal again. They could have already done that if they wanted to.
Watch what happens. Ohio passed a law saying one cannot abort a Downs Syndrome baby but they can abort a health baby. That will go to the Supreme Court.

Old 06-28-2018, 08:22 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,585,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The Trump coalition is not a unified block, but a diverse group of beliefs. The fundamentalist Christian proportion of voters do not make up a majority of voters in this country, and don't even make up a majority of the people who support Trump.

I do not know any conservatives who want to overturn either of those rulings and most of us do not 'hate' anyone as others on this forum and elsewhere rant about.
Exactly!

I would like to see abortion tweaked so that 1) late term abortions are not permitted except in cases where there is a danger to the mother and or baby and 2) the person having the abortion pays for the procedure. You don't want me in your bedroom or sex life (no problem!), I don't want you in my finances.

I'd rather have seen gay marriage legislated. But, I do not want to see the ruling overturned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies