Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 10:43 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The fact that you admit income inequality grew during the "recovery" that Obama and liberals credit him for...means that it wasn't a REAL recovery if they also believe that growing income inequality creates new recessions and more problems.

All you are doing is dodging and shifting the blame to the GOP.

How is this a true recovery if it is just causing more problems long-term?
It's clear YOU would like Dems to call Obama's recovery from Dubya's great recession a failure, but they won't.

So, relax.

Please.

Quote:
Do you comprehend the difference between saying someone "brought on Dubya's Great Recession" - meaning he caused it and saying that at some point the current president owns the current economy?

You honestly mentally can't grasp how your first comment is different than your response when asked for evidence?

Just how old is oldgringo?
Trumplings...

Always trying to make the topic ME.

Chillax.

Please.

As MyGhost pointed out very clearly earlier in your thread, the income inequality is a direct result of 1980s GOP trickle-down economics and has been growing ever since. Sure, there have been two Dem presidents since then. Each of them had a Dem congress for 2 years, followed by 6 years of GOP. And congress is largely responsible for domestic policies. And that congress has been GOP for 20 of the past 24 years.

Shouldn't Pubs insist that their cherished Reaganomics has been a disaster for the middle class?

Of course, it's all worked out brilliantly for their "constituency."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 12:48 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
What a patriot!
I didn't say I wanted him to break the country. I said that I was hopeful that a positive outcome of his presidency would be that some of the archaic "status quo" bs that is going on gets broken. I'm no fan of Trump, and it is MY OPINION that he's identified correctly what a lot of the problems in our country are, and that is one of the major factors that got him elected. (I think he's also invented a lot of problems I don't think are really problems, but that is another topic.). Where I differ from him is on his solutions.

I think his solutions are not helpful. I think they are harmful. It's my opinion. Based on that opinion, I hope they don't succeed, because if they do, they'll do more harm than good. That's what I think, whether I'm right or wrong is debatable.

But what I do hope is that he is able to take down or break momentum on some of the bad practices that we are doing, and then I hope that the right fixes are put in place, to improve them.

If it turns out that he's right, and he fixes a bunch of stuff, I'll be genuinely surprised, but also will be happy to be proven wrong.

I am not sure how you come to the conclusion that my wanting better things for the country would call my patriotism into question. You might disagree with my opinions, but please try to refrain from supposing to understand my intent.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:26 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Why didn't democrats undo the Democratic law that gives big corporations tax breaks for mega salaries to top executives?
Our politicians in Washington spend over 1/2 of their working hours collecting campaign money (perhaps they don't have the time to fix laws.)

https://www.termlimits.com/congress-...sing-priority/
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minu...telemarketers/

Your above source lists (1) law that Clinton passed that raised executive CEO pay. And that law "costs taxpayers $50 billion over a ten-year budget."

And democrats tried to pass the Buffet Rule that would raise CEO's federal tax rates to 30% (today CEO's pay 6%-17% tax rates.) And the Buffet Rule would have raised CEO's tax payments by $367 billion over 10 years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffett_Rule
http://www.ctj.org/pdf/bushchen05.pdf
Romney paid 14% effective tax rate in 2011

Donald Trump on the other hand gave wealthy Americans $1 trillion dollars in tax cuts.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetno.../#3cf83cfd65b9
Trump and GOP Tax Cut Could Cost Your Kids $2.2 Trillion | Time

Bill Clinton gave wealthy Americans $50 billion dollars, and Trump gave wealthy Americans $1 trillion dollars (that's a big difference.)

Old 07-02-2018, 12:28 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Bill Clinton gave CEO's $50 billion dollars, and Trump gave CEO's $1 trillion dollars (that's a big difference.)
Anything you are willing to overlook will only get worse the next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies