Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 07:43 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times

Advertisements

You see right-wing fanatics giving negative reviews on liberal books all the time and you know for a fact they never read the book because they never mention specifics in the book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 07:46 AM

10,464 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Netflix's content isn't all that good anymore. If it wasn't for my daughter I would have cancelled it already. Instead of removing reviews I suggest they fix their menu system.
Eh, I have to disagree. I still enjoy Stranger Things, Dare Devil and The Punisher. I'm in the middle of watching Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy right now, and have no intentions of watching the Obama show. I never watched the Apprentice either, because I hate reality TV.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
You see right-wing fanatics giving negative reviews on liberal books all the time and you know for a fact they never read the book because they never mention specifics in the book.
And I've seen left wing critics and hollywood tear Michael Bay to shreds when he's no worse than other action directors. I wonder if it's because he's very right leaning and pro military in his movies.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:51 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
And I've seen left wing critics and hollywood tear Michael Bay to shreds when he's no worse than other action directors. I wonder if it's because he's very right leaning and pro military in his movies.
I don’t have a clue where he stands politically, but Michael Bay movies are objectively awful. Did you see Battleship?

Old 07-07-2018, 07:52 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ill never know if it is a good show or not as I will not watch it. I refuse to make a former public servant even more wealthy just because they are a former career politician.
Here, here !! Yes, we have a CURRENT public servant who we need to line the pockets of. Why waste time on a former one when we can make Donald Trump richer ?

Old 07-07-2018, 07:54 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I don’t have a clue where he stands politically, but Michael Bay movies are objectively awful. Did you see Battleship?
Battleship was bad on more counts than can be counted.
That said Hollywood elites attack the opposite while hiding their own. They will gang attack a conservative for sexual misconduct while ignoring their own. That is but 1 example.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:55 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
https://www.cnet.com/news/netflix-is...ws-in-august/#

Many people are saying this is being done because of The Obamas show that will be coming out on Netflix. They do not want ANY negative reviews, so they are just eliminating it all together.

I find the user comments interesting:

I rely on reader reviews before i watch an unknown movie, and netflix dont even have trailers

Actually, Netflix does have trailers, I watch them all the time....I probably watch as much Netflix as I do regular TV....maybe more.

Certain people aren't going to like anything that the Obama's do...simple solution...don't watch it!
Watch something else!! Or turn the Channel.

Old 07-07-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Eh, I have to disagree. I still enjoy Stranger Things, Dare Devil and The Punisher. I'm in the middle of watching Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy right now, and have no intentions of watching the Obama show. I never watched the Apprentice either, because I hate reality TV.

Love Stranger Things and Breaking Bad.
I liked Obama, but won't watch the show...I never watched the Apprentice either.
I don't do reality TV either.

Just not my cup of tea.

Old 07-07-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:

Seriously, I am not going to base what I watch on whether someone is right leaning or left leaning.
Who cares!?!? I like Clint Eastwood a lot, but don't agree with his political views...there is only one person that I will not watch what she does, and that is Jane Fonda...Posing on a weapon of mass destruction that probably killed or would kill our Young soldiers, is just something that I could not swallow....and I have no interest in her work.

Old 07-07-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Michael Bay didn't do Battleship. Peter Berg did.

He did do awesome movies like The Rock, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, Transformers, Bad Boys and 13 Hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies