Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 06:02 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
You clearly don't understand Trump. Yes, perhaps a normal person could have stopped working. But he is consumed by greed more than any other president in history.

He sacrificed nothing to campaign, since he continued to run his businesses, and even dangled the possibility of the presidency as an enticement to investors. As for the campaigning, someone said that he have been the only person in history to actually PROFIT from his campaign.

Obama was something of a rarity in that he actually hoped to help people. We can see that in his time spent as a community organiser, for instance. He was in fact a corporate lawyer briefly, but - again, a rarity - he decided that, unlike Trump, being rich wasn't the most important thing to him.
“Someone said “ that he profited from his campaign? Who was the someone ? You ?

Community organizer ? You are really going to compare Obama’s pre presidential career to Trump’s?
Trump’s decades of experience in business have proven to be beneficial on the economy and in many other ways . Obama while a smart guy too , just didn’t get much about the economy .

He also did a lot of things that made us look weak as a country like going on an apology tour soon after elected.

He promised to be a transformational President and he wasn’t . Trump is the real transformational and change candidate .
I voted for Obama too for what it’s worth . He didn’t achieve what he promised . He made some good speeches though .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 06:04 PM

37,214 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
How much money and time have The NY Times editorial board donated to charity?...
I wasn't aware they had filed paperwork to organize a charity and were collecting funds. What is the name of it?

Old 07-07-2018, 06:06 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
It’s the sacrifice of not being involved in the company he built over decades . He’s now CEO of America .
thankfully he made the sacrifice and we don’t Hillary running the place into the ground .
Oh great !!! If he is CEO of America could we please have another quick presidential election in 2019?

Old 07-07-2018, 06:07 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
It’s the sacrifice of not being involved in the company he built over decades . He’s now CEO of America .
thankfully he made the sacrifice and we don’t Hillary running the place into the ground .
You better believe Trump is never going to "not involved in his companies". I would bet he checks everyday to see how much his bank acct is growing.
I am no Hillary fan & I wish the Dems would get it together because I won't vote for a R again. They are cowards who sold their loyalty to Trump to keep their jobs and sold out 'we the people" who they are supposed to be working for.
True conservatives are appalled.
Trump does not sacrifice anything unless he gains somewhere somehow.

Old 07-07-2018, 06:08 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
How much money and time have The NY Times editorial board donated to charity?...
I'm confused by your question. Are you suggesting that no one should comment on anything unless they've participated in the same thing? That, for instance, a journalist shouldn't comment on a president unless the journalist has been president? Your question makes no sense whatsoever.

However, since you asked, I'm guessing that the New York Times, like most large organizations, makes all kinds of donations, and in fact, they also run a major donation project, for the "Neediest," which over the years has raised over $200,000,000.

Old 07-07-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I wasn't aware they had filed paperwork to organize a charity and were collecting funds. What is the name of it?
Smart one . The people that wrote the words of the article . How much have they donated to charity .
I can guarantee Trump has donated way more .

Old 07-07-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I'm confused by your question. Are you suggesting that no one should comment on anything unless they've participated in the same thing? That, for instance, a journalist shouldn't comment on a president unless the journalist has been president? Your question makes no sense whatsoever.

However, since you asked, I'm guessing that the New York Times, like most large organizations, makes all kinds of donations, and in fact, they also run a major donation project, for the "Neediest," which over the years has raised over $200,000,000.
I’m talking about the people that wrote the article . They are attacking Donald Trump for not donating enough.
As individuals how much have they donated . I can guarantee you Trump has donated way way more than them .

You don’t see the hypocrisy ? ..

Old 07-07-2018, 06:17 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
You clearly don't understand Trump. Yes, perhaps a normal person could have stopped working. But he is consumed by greed more than any other president in history.

He sacrificed nothing to campaign, since he continued to run his businesses, and even dangled the possibility of the presidency as an enticement to investors. As for the campaigning, someone said that he have been the only person in history to actually PROFIT from his campaign.

Obama was something of a rarity in that he actually hoped to help people. We can see that in his time spent as a community organiser, for instance. He was in fact a corporate lawyer briefly, but - again, a rarity - he decided that, unlike Trump, being rich wasn't the most important thing to him.
He sacrificed no $$$.$$, during the campaign.
Russsian laundered money , at minimum, paid for all those hysterical rallies.. Especially the night he was supposed to join a debate...his Cambridge Analytics Cheaters Incorporated told him to rally in the midwest instead of attending the debate.

Saudis probobly chipped in considering Kushners memo in hand frantic frantic flight , like overnite, to visit the upcoming prince who then immediately jailed many royal family members. Who's names were on that memo in the first days he was in the White House without proper security clearance? Payback to Saudi Prince for names of enemies to his royal grab??

The whole lot is rotten to the core.

Old 07-07-2018, 06:22 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Smart one . The people that wrote the words of the article . How much have they donated to charity .
Can you guarantee that he didn't use the charity fraudulently to hide income or escape paying taxes?

Old 07-07-2018, 06:37 PM

37,214 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Hard to say since he won't release his tax returns. My guess is he never gave a penny to anyone or any charitable organization.

If you have any sources which support his donations to charity, please share them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies