Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2018, 02:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump will do anything in his attempt to destroy Obamacare even if that means people dying. He does not care.
People were dying pre-Trump. The first homo sapian died and we been dying ever since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 02:56 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It was going to fail anyway. Too many people were getting slammed and priced out. And then the law said they had to pay for not buying it. That's not freedom to choose, that's force.
So what?

All drivers are forced to pay for car insurance. You have a problem with that?

Old 07-08-2018, 02:57 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
In a multi-pronged attack to remove protections for patients with pre-existing conditions, Trump has suspended payments to insurance companies that stabilize their losses from the sickest patients. This will result in premium increases next year. At the same time they are doing this, they are trying to remove coverage for pre-existing conditions in red states. This will result in the sickest of people getting no coverage at all since the companies will be able to tell them no and the costs will increase to such a degree they cannot pay for it anyway.

"The Trump administration said Saturday it’s freezing payments under an “Obamacare” program that protects insurers with sicker patients from financial losses, a move expected to add to premium increases next year.

At stake are billions in payments to insurers with sicker customers."

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...w-to-obamacare

WINNING !!!!!!! Gag gag gag ! I hope some of his strongest supporters are the first to feel the effects of this.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:57 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
[quote=Seacove;52431201]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post

I am truly amazed at how short-sighted Trump supporters are. So many people would start new businesses and expand on great ideas but they are afraid to because of health coverage. That leaves it to immigrants from other countries to take advantage of the American market while still having the security of health coverage from their home countries.
Trump supporters are like trees in a forest that support an ax - because its handle is made of wood. That ax may have chopped down the forest but the tree stumps continue with their support.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:58 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
That's silly. You pay for all of it as your employer simply reduces your gross pay with the equivalent amount of what the health insurance costs.
Trump supporters think that health coverage is free and they like giving employers all the power and control. They also seem to prefer immigrants opening all the new businesses since they think American entrepreneurs would be better off remaining with their employers.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:00 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
amen
amen, nothing!

Two years into Obama's first term, McConnell laid down the 'rules'.

"We will make sure he's a one-term president."

Old 07-08-2018, 03:01 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Before Republicans I would have had to pay for not being able to afford the insurance. Now I don't. So no matter how much whining you do, it isn't working with a lot of people who got hammered by Obamacare.

If liberals were at least willing to listen and work with others instead of ramming what you wanted through we might have worked together and solved the problem.

You might of benefited but A LOT of people got really hurt. But you wanted to plug your ears and ignore us, you made it this way.
How many years did Republicans have to come up with a better plan than ACA? They still have nothing.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:01 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And lying Donny has failed to institute the far better plan he promised time after time after time he'd put in place soon after taking office.

But those who support the Liar in Chief know that already, right?

This is just another example of it.
I imagine he looked at your first sentence as something he could just spout off and never give a second thought to because he thought there was no chance he would win and thus be responsible for delivering on that statement.

I don't know if anyone has analyzed it, but I'd be willing to bet that quite a few Trump voters only voted for him because the major party opposition in the general was Hillary. If anyone else had been the opposing major candidate, I imagine those people would have voted for that candidate, and not for Trump.

Yes, Hillary won the popular vote, but I still think people underestimated the degree to which people who dislike Hillary dislike her.

(I didn't vote for either of them)

Old 07-08-2018, 03:02 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
How many years did Republicans have to come up with a better plan than ACA? They still have nothing.
They have crony capitalism. They just don’t advertise it.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:05 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
LOL, I've already explain my position to you.
Can you point out where? I don't recall it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies